Mariota Film from 2018

BudsOilers

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Greg Cosell said the other day that’s the cause of most of his inconsistency problems and he knows for a fact that it was something LaFleur was working hard to correct. No idea if Smith will keep emph

I thought we put your bullshit narrative to bed months ago, but here you are back at it.

Well this is certainly a new outlook on your part.

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Titans279 said:

Greg Cosell said the other day that’s the cause of most of his inconsistency problems and he knows for a fact that it was something LaFleur was working hard to correct. No idea if Smith will keep emphasizing it or not. 

I’m no expert but to me it seems like something that is unlikely to change at this point. 

I think that would mostly be the charge of Pat O'Hara rather than Smith. I doubt Smith is spending much time worrying about Mariota's mechanics. 

Just now, tgo said:

I think that would mostly be the charge of Pat O'Hara rather than Smith. I doubt Smith is spending much time worrying about Mariota's mechanics. 

The OC can obviously dictate if Mariota needs to be focusing on his mechanics. Smith might disagree with LaFleur’s assessment 

4 minutes ago, Titans279 said:

The OC can obviously dictate if Mariota needs to be focusing on his mechanics. Smith might disagree with LaFleur’s assessment 

I dunno, I'm not sure how any OC would look at his mechanics and just tell the QB Coach "Eh, don't worry about the mechanics, just ignore that and focus on other shit."

2 minutes ago, tgo said:

I dunno, I'm not sure how any OC would look at his mechanics and just tell the QB Coach "Eh, don't worry about the mechanics, just ignore that and focus on other shit."

That is what Mularkey and Robiskie did!

1 minute ago, Titans279 said:

That is what Mularkey and Robiskie did!

I don't know about that - I just doubt Jason Michael knew as much about NFL QB mechanics as LaFleur/O'Hara. 

LaFleur has a very specific mechanics regime that he expects out of QBs in order to execute his specific offense. 

The Mularkey offense probably had different mechanical expectations from the position, from a technical standpoint. 

I doubt Mularkey/Robiskie just didn't care about mechanics at all, there's nothing to say that's the case. 

LaFleur harped on mechanics constantly and Mariota's production actually went down and his mechanics overall were even more of a problem than before. 

I think all QB coaches teach mechanics. It's just a matter of what mechanical expectations are for different offenses (there are obviously foundational things, but some nuanced differences from offense to offense), and I wouldn't think that would change much since we're keeping a lot of the passing concepts intact. And of course, it's also a matter of whether QB coaches are good teachers on mechanics or not. 

Given that O'Hara is still around, I would think he would hold considerable leeway over Mariota's mechanics, and I bet he'll be preaching similar things to what they were preaching to Mariota last year. 

2 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

Anyone with eyes can see it

Wait, I thought trading a 4th round pick for a borderline starting QB when he’s in the final year of his contract with no extension in sight was a good sign