Google Stadia

Not sure about the US but here in Aus some ISPs offer unlimited Netflix or similar. Perhaps they'll push for similar offers. Google might make it all free for people on their fiber.

They don't need every gamer to get on board with streaming, just enough to make it profitable.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Console is gonna be dead before long in general. People bought consoles to game, but now they can do it with their PCs. You can get a high end gaming PC for 1.5k. If you're savvy enough, $750.   

I'm skeptical they can deliver this to most households with current speeds. Saying you have datacenters everywhere is great for those in urban areas or places with a concentration of datacenters like

You are looking at all wrong. Microsoft has a hyperscale cloud (azure) and owns the digital game market. The fact they are blurring the lines between xbox and PC gaming is another huge win. They are p

13 hours ago, Somedude said:

dead in 2 years. Everything Phil Harrison touches flops. They had bad latency on stage and on the floor. I like having a box and physical games. Google is the last company I want total control over my library and when I can access it. Most peoples internet won't be good enough for this. Google abandons things often. 

I'd say majority of my Ps4 friends downloaded their games. Most people don't see the point of going to a store and purchasing a game when all you need is the data on it. 

It will be hard to get this into every home like the current consoles can do without quality internet spreading into rural areas. I live in a rural area where the only ISP option has a data cap and isn’t fast enough(latency not speed) for gaming. So I tend to play a lot of games that also offer offline gaming or use my Verizon hot spot for online gaming. I wouldn’t get stadia strictly for that reason. 

2 hours ago, SleepingTitan said:

I'd say majority of my Ps4 friends downloaded their games. Most people don't see the point of going to a store and purchasing a game when all you need is the data on it. 

Exactly physical purchases are a complete non-factor to people

1 hour ago, wiscotitansfan said:

Exactly physical purchases are a complete non-factor to people

There are a lot dinosaur gamers out there that believe gamestop isn't screwing them over with the trade-in bullshit. I haven't bought a physical copy of game this entire generation and made sure everyone knew not to buy the kids switch games that aren't digital as well. There is literally not one good reason to stick with physical games.

14 minutes ago, oldschool said:

There are a lot dinosaur gamers out there that believe gamestop isn't screwing them over with the trade-in bullshit. I haven't bought a physical copy of game this entire generation and made sure everyone knew not to buy the kids switch games that aren't digital as well. There is literally not one good reason to stick with physical games.

For sure. Obviously you and I are on the same page, I was just pointing out how people aren't going to shy away from gaming because the industry is going (gone) digital

52 minutes ago, oldschool said:

I have not shopped at Gameshit in over a decade when I quit as a Manger.

55 minutes ago, oldschool said:

Everything you said is wrong but ok.  Y'all are casual ignorant cunts on this subject but ok. Don't @ me again though. None of you know enough about this industry.

Edited by Somedude

25 minutes ago, Somedude said:

Everything you said is wrong but ok.  Y'all are casual ignorant cunts on this subject but ok. Don't @ me again though. None of you know enough about this industry.

take your meds crazy...

If Google can really do this, then it will kill not only consoles, but casual PC gaming. Those wanting the highest graphic fidelity will be in the minority and they'll pay a premium. But the masses won't think about systems, only games.

Nintendo is all about their games, and they really killed it by focusing on a family friendly console with games made for coop and multiplayer. They are their own thing. 

Sony will make their big next gen push with VR. In general, VR is going to disrupt the market in the next 3 years. Go look into Oculus Quest: Facebook is trying to bring VR to the masses before the tech is ready to launch next generation hardware for VR. 

Edited by cenj

On 3/22/2019 at 7:28 PM, cenj said:

If Google can really do this, then it will kill not only consoles, but casual PC gaming. Those wanting the highest graphic fidelity will be in the minority and they'll pay a premium. But the masses won't think about systems, only games.

Nintendo is all about their games, and they really killed it by focusing on a family friendly console with games made for coop and multiplayer. They are their own thing. 

Sony will make their big next gen push with VR. In general, VR is going to disrupt the market in the next 3 years. Go look into Oculus Quest: Facebook is trying to bring VR to the masses before the tech is ready to launch next generation hardware for VR. 

I don't think VR will have the lasting appeal most were hoping for. 

I think it will always have its place, but will never be what becomes the norm. 

I believe if one of the gaming companies devote a next gen console with VR as the focus, they'll fall behind the sales race like Xbox did this gen with a focus on Kinect and the always online console. Xbox has done a great job at turning their image around though imo

I'll buy into this when the product is delivered and delivered well and people like it and you can stream enough G that it's isn't a problem.

And I only buy physical games, if they're available. I can lend them and I can sell them. Both are useful and there is not nearly enough discount on digital to make up for that... even if I have realized this generation how annoying it is to have to store them and get up off my ass to swap out a game.