Trump is going to win reelection

abenjami

31 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

I wonder if the House Democrats would consider an impeachment next year. 

I think what's more likely/possible is NY indicts Jr and or Donald and the whole thing is blowing up as the election draws near. I don't think impeachment will happen

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

@abenjami Its almost as if there should be a primary where the people can vote for one candidate to be the representative of their party. 

I completely agree.  Look at how the Republicans recovered and learned from 8 years of Obama.   They obviously learned their lesson and quickly solidified around a reasonable, moderate candidate that

Not everyone who voted for Trump is a racist... but all the racists sure did run out and vote for him.

Posted Images

16 hours ago, Mythos27 said:

Actual out and out  " I hate those n-words"-level racists? No. Thankfully I don't think there are enough of those to swing it. What I do think there are enough of are the people who don't consider themselves racist but do harbor resentments toward people of color for reasons that range from perceived cultural differences to the feeling that they need to "take their country back" because it's face is becoming less straight, white , and christian every year. So while I certainly do believe that overwhelming majority of racists did vote for Trump, most Trump voters are not self identified racists,  but I do think that a lot do hold some problematic views concerning race and that it affected how they chose to vote. 

Depends on which part of the country you're polling.  I assure the idiot south where I live is full of those guys who are loudly and proudly that level of racist.  All Trump voters.

23 minutes ago, Titans279 said:

Trump would be a slight favorite to win the election right now even accounting for his current poll numbers.

Just because they are lower than they should be given the strong economy doesn’t mean they are so low that an incumbent president isn’t favored with that level of support. 

Based on both his numbers and the outcome of the 2018 elections, he is definitely not the favorite over an unknown Democratic nominee. Not unless an independent runs to unbalance the general election.

Just now, Starkiller said:

Based on both his numbers and the outcome of the 2018 elections, he is definitely not the favorite over an unknown Democratic nominee. Not unless an independent runs to unbalance the general election.

"Unknown" to many people could imply someone who isn't currently in the field. 

Just now, tgo said:

"Unknown" to many people could imply someone who isn't currently in the field. 

It’s possible, but that’s not the issue. It’s just a matter of we don’t know who will win the nomination yet.

My point is that when they are down to Trump vs whoever actually wins the Democratic nomination, Trump is not the favorite.

8 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

It’s possible, but that’s not the issue. It’s just a matter of we don’t know who will win the nomination yet.

My point is that when they are down to Trump vs whoever actually wins the Democratic nomination, Trump is not the favorite.

He has been in plenty of somewhat recent polls. But that could change down the road. I sure hope so. 

36 minutes ago, tgo said:

He has been in plenty of somewhat recent polls. But that could change down the road. I sure hope so. 

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/03/02/trump-trails-generic-democrat-in-early-stages-of-2020-race-nbcwsj-poll.html

The survey shows that Americans, by 48 percent to 41 percent, plan to vote for the Democratic candidate opposing the Republican incumbent. That represents a narrowing of the double-digit deficits the NBC/WSJ poll found in December 2017 and 2018.

His standing is worse than that of his immediate predecessors George W. Bush and Barack Obama, both of whom led generically described opponents at similar points. Bill Clinton trailed by a slightly smaller margin in January 1995, though like Bush and Obama he went on to win a second term.

5 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/03/02/trump-trails-generic-democrat-in-early-stages-of-2020-race-nbcwsj-poll.html

The survey shows that Americans, by 48 percent to 41 percent, plan to vote for the Democratic candidate opposing the Republican incumbent. That represents a narrowing of the double-digit deficits the NBC/WSJ poll found in December 2017 and 2018.

His standing is worse than that of his immediate predecessors George W. Bush and Barack Obama, both of whom led generically described opponents at similar points. Bill Clinton trailed by a slightly smaller margin in January 1995, though like Bush and Obama he went on to win a second term.

https://thehill.com/hilltv/what-americas-thinking/422735-trump-beats-beto-nearly-ties-bernie-but-loses-to-biden-in

This poll is a few months old now, so probably outdated, but what I was referring to recently. 

"President Trump trails former Vice President Joe Biden in a hypothetical 2020 matchup, according to a new The Hill-HarrisX poll. 

The survey finds Biden leading Trump, 42 percent to 36 percent, better than at least two other leading potential Democratic White House contenders.

The president tops Rep. Beto O'Rourke (D-Texas) in their matchup, with 37 percent saying they would vote Trump, and 30 percent saying they would choose O'Rourke. 

Trump nearly ties with former presidential candidate Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) in the poll, with 37 percent saying they would vote for Trump, and 38 percent picking Sanders."

2 hours ago, Rolltide said:

You have totally embarrassed yourself with these nonsense. Your 500 bullshit smoking gun threads ruining these boards. 

On 1/20/2021 Donald Trump will be giving the oath of office for his 2nd term. On 1/20/2025 his presidency will end. 

And if that doesn't happen, it's only because the illegals stole the election. It's RIGGED! 

Unless Trump wins then the election was fair.

5 hours ago, tgo said:

https://thehill.com/hilltv/what-americas-thinking/422735-trump-beats-beto-nearly-ties-bernie-but-loses-to-biden-in

This poll is a few months old now, so probably outdated, but what I was referring to recently. 

"President Trump trails former Vice President Joe Biden in a hypothetical 2020 matchup, according to a new The Hill-HarrisX poll. 

The survey finds Biden leading Trump, 42 percent to 36 percent, better than at least two other leading potential Democratic White House contenders.

The president tops Rep. Beto O'Rourke (D-Texas) in their matchup, with 37 percent saying they would vote Trump, and 30 percent saying they would choose O'Rourke. 

Trump nearly ties with former presidential candidate Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) in the poll, with 37 percent saying they would vote for Trump, and 38 percent picking Sanders."

We already know more people will vote for Biden. More people voted for Hilary in 2016. The problem is the people who voted for Hillary were living in the wrong states for her to win.

Show me the polling from PA, MI, WI, OH and FL. They are the states that count.

Edited by NFLStudent

5 hours ago, NFLStudent said:

We already know more people will vote for Biden. More people voted for Hilary in 2016. The problem is the people who voted for Hillary were living in the wrong states for her to win.

Show me the polling from PA, MI, WI, OH and FL. They are the states that count.

Do we even have that polling data yet? Seems a bit early doesn't it?

1 hour ago, Mythos27 said:

Do we even have that polling data yet? Seems a bit early doesn't it?

Don't think so. 

But this time around I'm not paying any attention to the bullcrap about Nationwide polling that says

Biden 42

Trump 37

It means nothing. 

The Democrats have won the presidential popular vote in 1992, 1996, 2000, 2008, 2012 and 2016.

That's 6 of the last 7 Presidential elections.

It's all empty.

Edited by NFLStudent

39 minutes ago, Rolltide said:

The democrat candidate had more votes than the republican in 6 of the last 7 elections but did not have 50% of the total in 3 of those 6. 92, 96, 16

The electoral college is not going away. 

I'm not saying it should. I think the electoral college does a good job giving every state a voice, instead of every American. 

5 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

This explains it all.  My God, if you lined all these candidates and Democratic leaders (include Schumer with the weird eye, Pelosi with the demonic grin and AOC with the dumb look on her face, Biden with his hands on an 11 yr olds breast, Warren in Indian garb) you would have what look like a family portrait from inbreeding gone wrong. 

Thanks for adding to the conversation with this post. Never thought of it that way before.