Rolltide

Trump support for modern slavery!

2 minutes ago, Rolltide said:

I always let the cat out of the bag too soon. Should have waited for Jamal to carry on about how racist Trump is.

Successful in any event because I got Starkiller to agree with it.  

Go ahead and try to suck the board conservatives and libertarians in on something. Will not work. 

Lol you’re like something out of a comic book. I knew when you didn’t link you were bullshitting. 

5 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

Figures you would do some shit like start a misleading thread. 

Everyone should know Trolltide’s MO by now... claim Trump said something a liberal actually said to use as a way to troll liberals into attacking liberal ideas.

And as always, it was a complete failure on his part. 

12 minutes ago, Rolltide said:

You can't get any more authoritarian than force servitude. Are you stupid?

Plenty of democratic countries have required public service. There’s nothing wrong with that.

We had the military draft in this country for a long time until the blowback from the Vietnam War killed it. I guess you consider America historically authoritarian...

12 minutes ago, Rolltide said:

Just because Trump doesn't take shit from race bating libtards doesn't mean he is an authoritarian. Our country has more freedom and opportunity today than before he took office. You libtards are the ones attacking free speech. 

Trump is authoritarian. He’s a wannabe dictator who simply doesn’t have the power to make it happen. 

7 minutes ago, Rolltide said:

Successful in any event because I got Starkiller to agree with it.  

You got me to agree with a liberal idea? What a coup!

And you even managed to prove that liberals wouldn’t oppose an idea blindly just because Trump (supposedly) proposed it. So at least you swiftly disproved the existence of Trump derangement syndrome...

2 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

You got me to agree with a liberal idea? What a coup!

And you even managed to prove that liberals wouldn’t oppose an idea blindly just because Trump (supposedly) proposed it. So at least you swiftly disproved the existence of Trump derangement syndrome...

Quick and swift was the backhand. 

I personally dont agree with any type of forced labor. Isn’t that amazing how Liberals don’t all agree with the same ideas! 

I tend to think that everyone should be required to spend a year or 2 in public service. Public service is seen as such a negative nowadays, but it’s exactly what it sounds like... serving the public.

You could serve in the military. Teach in a public school. Work in a public medical facility. Serve as a public defender. Work on public infrastructure projects. Serve with the police. Work in the Digital Service. There are plenty of possible options that could be open to people. And it could be deferred until after college because it’s better to have people fresh out of law school or med school or even just with a BS.

And it can be tied to college debt reform.

Edited by Starkiller

MadMax   

And this thread is case and point why you jackasses need to stop trying to seriously engage Trolltard.  Just point out how short he is, laugh and walk away.  Nothing will be gained by trying to reason with this asshole.

1 minute ago, MadMax said:

And this thread is case and point why you jackasses need to stop trying to seriously engage Trolltard.  Just point out how short he is, laugh and walk away.  Nothing will be gained by trying to reason with this asshole.

Smacking him around can be fun!

Also, I think this is a viable political issue with practical potential.

6 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

I tend to think that everyone should be required to spend a year or 2 in public service. Public service is seen as such a negative nowadays, but it’s exactly what it sounds like... serving the public.

You could serve in the military. Teach in a public school. Work in a public medical facility. Serve as a public defender. Work on public infrastructure projects. Serve with the police. Work in the Digital Service. There are plenty of possible options that could be open to people. And it could be deferred until after college because it’s better to have people fresh out of law school or med school or even just with a BS.

And it can be tied to college debt reform.

I could see some type of lottery introduced like with the draft where everyone is in it. If your number is chosen then you get to pick from a handful of options, each tied to some type of different incentive with the largest incentives going towards jobs where you could have to put your life on the line (military, police force, firefighter). 

Downtown   

Mandatory is vague and intentionally misleading terminology which makes the conversation pointless until you define the terms. Most people searching for the negative instantly think of our youth serving in the military, but I see it completely opposite. For example, the "retired" are typically bored and many are searching for purpose. I could see a beneficial program that gives retirees purpose (contributing to the public good through service) and heck, maybe even "appreciative" of their Social Security and Medicare. 

19 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

I could see some type of lottery introduced like with the draft where everyone is in it. If your number is chosen then you get to pick from a handful of options, each tied to some type of different incentive with the largest incentives going towards jobs where you could have to put your life on the line (military, police force, firefighter). 

It shouldn’t be a lottery. It should be everyone included. 

I'm sure there is room for some sort of exceptions and a large time period to serve, but basically it should be all Americans. 

Citizens in this country take it for granted. People from all over the world sacrifice everything to try to come here for a better life. I think it’s not much of a sacrifice for Americans to do at least this much...

Theres nothig wrong with a year of service. i think its a great idea... one that a lot of european countries use. 

however.. they do that with a bit of enjoyment because you know .. they dont have to pay for college, get great free medical care, and have living wages once they are finished. 

good luck getting that shit done here in a country that does very little for its citizens and expects us to fight with eachother rather than work together for success. 

I think an incentive based program would be nice. Such as paying off student loans, medical debt, unpaid taxes etc. 

We definitely take our freedom for granted, and have become an entitled society. I feel like those who live off the government, especially those unwilling to work receiving welfare, food stamps etc should be at the front of the list for repaying their debt to this country, whereas military veterans who have already payed their debts should be exempt, or completely voluntary if they chose to do so. 

This could also play into the requirements of an affordable universal healthcare system.