JRob Needs To Focus Attention On The Trenches

MIKE75

There is an old saying in pro football that games are won and lost in the trenches. It is the reason we struggled with running the ball and giving up sacks. Therefore one of the first things we need to hope JRob does is fix the offensive line.

He took a step toward doing so by signing G Rodger Saffold. He would really help make the line solid by drafting another offensive lineman like Garrett Bradbury,Chris Lindstrom,etc. early or Ross Pierschbacher later if you get another position.

Then what i would do is get a good defensive lineman early in the draft like Christian Wilkins,Dexter Lawrence or Khalen Saunders later.

Some of the best offenses that roll over defenses are ones that are good in the trenches and able to run the ball down the opponents throat along with the QB having enough time to scan the field without being touched. Mariota would thrive in an offense like this. In '16 with good blacking,run game,etc. we lead the NFL in scoring from week 5 thru week 11. We scored 30,28,26,36,35 and 47 points. Hard to fathom but it was Mariota led Titans doing so. We can do it again as well.

No reason we can't address both the offensive and defensive lines.  IF we had a good pass rush and secondary that would be the ticket to beating Luck and the Colts.

Will be very interesting to see what we address with our 6 picks. Last year was perfect for JRob to trade up and swipe two of the best defensive players in the draft. Due to a deep draft i hope JRob trades back and gains a few extra picks.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I believe JRob's plan is to do with the interior OL what he did with the secondary.  Turn a major weakness into a strength.  If you have arguably a limited QB who is injury prone and a RB who is a nig

Exactly. outside of Lewan and Casey who was here before Jrob?   Hes added and cut guys every year from the OL/DL. He’s struck out on some big name FAs. He’s paid some guys. Jrob knows what w

Dirty South pigeon.

Crazy idea that would never happen, but it is the off season.

Trade Conklin for JD Clowney. Both have a history of leg injuries both are from the same draft class (I thnk)

Make Kelly your starting RT.

Helps our front 7, fills a hole while not taking away too much from the O-line.

never happen, but I think it makes both teams better.

Titans offense.  We have RT, LG, RT, TE(all pros and pro bowl) and an adequate C.  We have a 20M QB.  Top 10 RB(2018)  #5 pick WR  Top possession WR(just signed) and   Dion Lewis, top 10 paid RB 2018.

By my count that is 9 players on offense, plus DL.  We can't find one OL FA or after the first round, preferably the 3rd that can hold a space?

The 2019 Draft is loaded with DL talent.  If you need one, this is the year to get you one.  Somebody(s) is going to slide, get way undervalued.  

Edited by Number9

1 hour ago, BudAdams said:

I'd hope that we have young guys who can compete for this spot but there are some OG's out there in FA still, including Warmack!  JK :( 

Chance has that SB ring. He’s probably too too expensive. I’m sure he would demand the vet minimum. I doubt JRob would want to pay him that much. 

2 hours ago, NashvilleNinja said:

So... he just needs to keep doing what he's doing then?

Exactly. outside of Lewan and Casey who was here before Jrob?

Hes added and cut guys every year from the OL/DL. He’s struck out on some big name FAs. He’s paid some guys. Jrob knows what we need and I think he’s done a good job adding guys to fill in or be long term solutions. 

1 hour ago, JakePA_Titan said:

Lewan came in with Clowney. Dont want to sound like an ass but idk how you could think Conklin been around as long as Clowney. 

Plus I think drafting an edge player and keeping JC would be the better option. Not to mention it is a 13 million dollar difference in payroll for this season. 

yup screwed that one up, 3 years apart, JD is done his 5 year rookie deal, JC has some time left, hope he returns to top form. We have a very talented backup tackle in Dennis Kelly. 

We also have Levin who has played well when given playing time.

If it came down to repairing the offensive or defensive line??

I'd do the offense always......

I really want an edge rusher.   The problem is the more I listen to some of you guys and see the mocks, it looks like there might not be one the Titans feel they must have.   The QB are not flying up the board and no gotta have RB.  Maybe OL will be the pick.  Munch and Wash were worth every penny they got paid.  Munch developed late round picks, Olsen, Stewart, Roos was a luxury 2nd round pick.  Wash would get players off the sofa, a year later teams were lining up to give them big deals.  I can't say too much because I don't have in-depth knowledge of the staff, but we can't get enough 1st and 2nd round picks to fill a whole team.  We gotta coach somebody up.