Sign in to follow this  
tgo

Titans Interested in Jordy Nelson; Visiting Seattle First

tgo   

Very unlikely that Nelson will leave Seattle without a deal. And even if he did, he'd probably rather go to a team like the Patriots if possible. 

I could see them pursuing someone like Hogan if he doesn't re-sign in New England though. 

Mythos27   

I'm not the biggest Taylor fan but Jordy Nelson would mean use getting noticeably slower at the WR position and I don't think we can afford to do that. I'm getting flash backs of Erick Decker...

Huston   

I think the FO is realizing the importance of veteran wr's in this offense most importantly the redzone.

Edited by Huston

abc2330   
5 minutes ago, ctm said:

True, but Nelson will be the #3, if signed.  Taylor will lose snaps.

If Taylor goes into camp and executes his assignment correctly, there's no way in hell that happens.  I agree that Nelson is insurance for if that doesn't happen.

Bink   

It's all part of the plan to become the Patriots south. Collect as many white receivers as possible. Next Vrabel transitions from vest to hoodie and Amy Adams Strunk...

Mythos27   
7 minutes ago, Bink said:

It's all part of the plan to become the Patriots south. Collect as many white receivers as possible. Next Vrabel transitions from vest to hoodie and Amy Adams Strunk...

...gets caught being diddled at a massage parlor?

17 minutes ago, ctm said:

True, but Nelson will be the #3, if signed.  Taylor will lose snaps.

not sure about that... he's probably competing for #3 at this stage. 

if TT takes a big jump.. even he is competing to steal some snaps from humph... but he's gotta take that jump because his speed is needed. 

6 minutes ago, ctm said:

Nelson is excellent at contested catches.  That's the opposite of Taylor.  His hands will have to get better no matter how fast he is.

yeah its true.. but if he cant get open at his age it doesnt matter. .. every catch cant be a contested catch that he will win. he's good but not that good and not going to catch as many as a guy who gets open. 

Edited by titanruss

ctm   
11 minutes ago, titanruss said:

yeah its true.. but if he cant get open at his age it doesnt matter. .. every catch cant be a contested catch that he will win. he's good but not that good and not going to catch as many as a guy who gets open. 

You act like he can't get open and catch the ball anymore.  Look what he did in the last 5 games last year when he got playing time.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/gamelog/_/id/11270/jordy-nelson