Titans Interested in Jordy Nelson; Visiting Seattle First

tgo

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I realize I may be arguing against an avalanche when it comes to putting music on top of highlight videos, but if you're going to use rap at least use a non-mumble rapping mfer that doesn't have to re

I really wish we'd draft a pure speed guy. Don't even care if he's a one trick pony. We've got Davis, Delanie and Humphries to move the chains. Need that deep threat who can stretch the field.

Posted Images

This is all about improving the roster depth and giving Mariota every opportunity to produce. Nelson is veteran experience that can still play. We had a pitiful WR group last year. JRob isn't letting that happen again. 

44 minutes ago, ctm said:

You act like he can't get open and catch the ball anymore.  Look what he did in the last 5 games last year when he got playing time.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/gamelog/_/id/11270/jordy-nelson

dont get me wrong.. i'd be happy to have him. i just think he's getting older for the position and showing signs of slowing whereas TT is developing and growing. I think we are selling TT short considering our WRs have also had to deal with shit gameplans and an injured QB. 

think nelson is someone you talk to and bring in after the draft. if you sign him now he doesnt limit anyone you draft and is just there for insurance. 

JRob feels like he didnt do enough at reciever last year.. and this year we are basically to the same numbers we started last season with there... so i'm sure we bring a vet in or draft a guy there. 

25 minutes ago, freakingeek said:

This is all about improving the roster depth and giving Mariota every opportunity to produce. Nelson is veteran experience that can still play. We had a pitiful WR group last year. JRob isn't letting that happen again. 

exactly...Nelson is an upgrade over Sharpe and he is a vet presence in the WR room.

If Taylor balls out he plays and if not you got Sharpe to fill some of the void.  They will both get snaps.

If they were to get him you can now draft bring in a few late round/undrafted rookies to compete for being inactive on gameday.  Or maybe you find a gem.

5 hours ago, 10 A See said:

This smells like Andre Johnson 2.0 to me. I'd pass....

It is. I don't think Nelson has much left in the tank. I'd rather go with Taylor even with the unknowns about him. At least he has speed. It does seem like we'll add a vet WR, a #4/#5 type

6 hours ago, abc2330 said:

If Taylor goes into camp and executes his assignment correctly, there's no way in hell that happens.  I agree that Nelson is insurance for if that doesn't happen.

Regardless of who's on the roster, it's up to TT to win and earn whatever snaps he's given. I really believe Vrabel is not the type of guy to let veteran status or contract status dictate who sees the field, despite the Kline situation last year. Continuity and communication play a much more important part with the OL than it does with who lines up at receiver.

2 hours ago, Jonboy said:

Hogan was terrible last year. I’m down on Taywan but I’d actually prefer both he and Sharpe to Hogan. 

Yup.  Hogan put up 500 yards with the GOAT throwing to him.  I'm not feeling that one.