Titans Interested in Jordy Nelson; Visiting Seattle First

tgo

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I realize I may be arguing against an avalanche when it comes to putting music on top of highlight videos, but if you're going to use rap at least use a non-mumble rapping mfer that doesn't have to re

I really wish we'd draft a pure speed guy. Don't even care if he's a one trick pony. We've got Davis, Delanie and Humphries to move the chains. Need that deep threat who can stretch the field.

Posted Images

What this tells me if true and not agent driven is that the Titans still may be in the market for a veteran Z (outside) receiver. 

This could put Chris Hogan, Jermaine Kearse, Brandon LaFell, and possibly Michael Crabtree in play. 

I don't see it with Crabtree because he's such a selfish guy and has had a lot of issues with drops lately. 

But there are major staff connections with Crabtree and Hogan (Rob Moore and Todd Downing in both cases). Cowden connection with LaFell, who is just a bigger slower possession type receiver. 

Just now, NashvilleNinja said:

Eh... ok. But... he kinda old and slower now. No way we draft a guy if we were to sign him.

Could easily still draft one and then Sharpe or Jennings could be pushed off the roster. 

Just now, tgo said:

Could easily still draft one and then Sharpe or Jennings could be pushed off the roster. 

Sharpe seems more likely candidate to go then Jennings, right? What good is a 5th receiver on the depth chart who doesn't play STs?

I'd like signing Nelson a lot more if they went this route. Because...

giphy.gif

Just now, NashvilleNinja said:

Sharpe seems more likely candidate to go then Jennings, right? What good is a 5th receiver on the depth chart who doesn't play STs?

I'd like signing Nelson a lot more if they went this route. Because...

giphy.gif

Yeah, Sharpe is the lowest man in the totem pole to me. 

If they drafted a true ST demon like McLaurin that plays on coverage teams though, this could make Jennings redundant. Otherwise, you need a receiver like Jennings on the roster. 

Having an interest and being interested enough to where a visit is planned are two different things.  They had an interest in Weddle too.  I wouldn't read a ton into it unless he schedules a visit.

Regardless of where he goes, he's likely signing a one or two year deal like they did with Decker.

Just now, abc2330 said:

No it doesn't.  We have 4 WRs currently on the roster.  We need more.

My point was snaps, not who was on the roster.  You think they are going to pay Nelson to come in and be the #4 behind Taylor?

2 minutes ago, ctm said:

My point was snaps, not who was on the roster.  You think they are going to pay Nelson to come in and be the #4 behind Taylor?

It depends on how much he's looking for.  Robinson clearly wants to avoid any issues the team had last year, and WR depth was one of them.  If someone goes down , we don't want some waiver wire pickup getting extensive time on the field.

Just now, abc2330 said:

It depends on how much he's looking for.  Robinson clearly wants to avoid any issues the team had last year, and WR depth was one of them.  If someone goes down , we don't want some waiver wire pickup getting extensive time on the field.

True, but Nelson will be the #3, if signed.  Taylor will lose snaps.