Sign in to follow this  
Legaltitan

OFFICIAL Warren for President thread

On 3/19/2019 at 3:31 PM, Legaltitan said:

Hope everything is ok at home Rolltide. Maybe take a message board break for a minute and catch your breath. Long way to go until the election.

He's probably pissed off that they offered him the kid's menu at Shoney's again so he has to come here and assert his machismo.

https://www.politico.com/amp/story/2019/07/22/elizabeth-warren-economic-crash-1424588

Sen. Elizabeth Warren on Monday predicted an imminent economic crisis unless the Trump administration and Congress quickly pass legislation to regulate the financial sector and significantly reduce middle class household debt. 

“Warning lights are flashing. Whether it’s this year or next year, the odds of another economic downturn are high — and growing,” Warren (D-Mass.) wrote in a Medium post entitled "The Coming Economic Crash--And How to Stop It." 

“I see a manufacturing sector in recession. I see a precarious economy that is built on debt — both household debt and corporate debt — and that is vulnerable to shocks. And I see a number of serious shocks on the horizon that could cause our economy’s shaky foundation to crumble,” she wrote. 

Most of Warren’s proposals to head off the crisis are policies she has called for recently on the campaign trail such as forgiving over $600 billionin student loan debt, enacting her “Green Manufacturing Plan”, strengthening unions, providing universal child care and raising the minimum wage to $15 an hour.

1 hour ago, Starkiller said:

https://www.politico.com/amp/story/2019/07/22/elizabeth-warren-economic-crash-1424588

Sen. Elizabeth Warren on Monday predicted an imminent economic crisis unless the Trump administration and Congress quickly pass legislation to regulate the financial sector and significantly reduce middle class household debt. 

“Warning lights are flashing. Whether it’s this year or next year, the odds of another economic downturn are high — and growing,” Warren (D-Mass.) wrote in a Medium post entitled "The Coming Economic Crash--And How to Stop It." 

“I see a manufacturing sector in recession. I see a precarious economy that is built on debt — both household debt and corporate debt — and that is vulnerable to shocks. And I see a number of serious shocks on the horizon that could cause our economy’s shaky foundation to crumble,” she wrote. 

Most of Warren’s proposals to head off the crisis are policies she has called for recently on the campaign trail such as forgiving over $600 billionin student loan debt, enacting her “Green Manufacturing Plan”, strengthening unions, providing universal child care and raising the minimum wage to $15 an hour.

Instead of housing and mortgages, Warren pointed to leveraged corporate loans — lending to companies with high levels of debt — as a potential area of systemic risk. “These high-risk loans now make up a quarter of all American business loans, and they look a lot like the pre-2008 subprime mortgages: poorly underwritten loans with minimal protections that are then packaged and sold to investors,” she wrote.

These loans have increased during the Trump administration as federal regulators have relaxed 2013 guidance that tightened lending standards. Warren grilled Fed Governor Randal Quarles on the issue last November and sent a follow letter on the topic to Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin, Fed Chair Jerome Powell, and other regulators.

Warren’s concern is shared by others. Former chair of the Federal Reserve Janet Yellen has been warning about these loans for the last several months. She told the Financial Times last fall that “[t]here has been a huge deterioration in standards; covenants have been loosened in leveraged lending...I am worried about the systemic risks associated with these loans.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/warren-warns-of-coming-economic-crash/ar-AAEH5gt?ocid=spartandhp

1 hour ago, patsplat said:

Warren has been growing as my favorite.

Same here.  She just never needs to have a beer on camera again.  That was so friggin awkward.  

15 minutes ago, MadMax said:

Same here.  She just never needs to have a beer on camera again.  That was so friggin awkward.  

About as awkward as Hillary's hot sauce and John Kerry eating a sub sandwich. 

Being phony is not always easy is it?

Warren is about 10 times smarter than Trump yet Trump would drag his giant, flabby ass all over her face in an election. 

If the Dems trot out the corpse of Joe Biden out there, they will win. 

If they run some "progressive" they will lose. This isn't that hard. 

5 hours ago, 'Nator said:

Warren is about 10 times smarter than Trump yet Trump would drag his giant, flabby ass all over her face in an election. 

If the Dems trot out the corpse of Joe Biden out there, they will win. 

If they run some "progressive" they will lose. This isn't that hard. 

If Dems trot out another stiff old fart, they will lose.  People need to turn out.

The candidates are already set

It's Trump vs Not Trump.

The idea that Harris, Warren or anyone of the other top 4 or 5 wouldn't beat Trump is off