OFFICIAL Warren for President thread

Legaltitan

5 hours ago, 'Nator said:

Warren is about 10 times smarter than Trump yet Trump would drag his giant, flabby ass all over her face in an election. 

If the Dems trot out the corpse of Joe Biden out there, they will win. 

If they run some "progressive" they will lose. This isn't that hard. 

If Dems trot out another stiff old fart, they will lose.  People need to turn out.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They are afraid she will push real reforms to take away their ability to drive policy.   About fucking time!

bernie zealot in the house!

One thing that makes me dislike Bernie is his supporters. Maybe that's unfair but so many of them are super annoying   They are often annoying idiots, e.g.       And

Posted Images

The candidates are already set

It's Trump vs Not Trump.

The idea that Harris, Warren or anyone of the other top 4 or 5 wouldn't beat Trump is off

2 hours ago, patsplat said:

If Dems trot out another stiff old fart, they will lose.  People need to turn out.

Right. 

But these Democrats here think Biden is the answer lol.

11 hours ago, Rolltide said:

About as awkward as Hillary's hot sauce and John Kerry eating a sub sandwich. 

Being phony is not always easy is it?

What about Trump's taco bowl tweet?

Wait, I'm sure you or Merc will be around soon to tell me that it was actually a genius move!

!

• 1 month later...

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/democratic-polls-2020-elizabeth-warren-rises-as-joe-biden-clings-to-delegate-edge-cbs-news-battleground-tracker/

Warren is also under consideration by more Democrats (60%) than Biden is (50%) — suggesting her campaign could have even more room to gain.

Biden does better than Warren in being named the first choice among those currently considering him.

For Warren, among those voters not currently picking her as their first choice now, almost half (47%) are nonetheless considering her, so she may have potential room to increase her standing if she can convert those voters. And the Democratic field has consolidated a bit, not just on the debate stage, but in the minds of voters.

Biden's strong suit continues to be perceived electability. About three in four of those considering Biden think he probably would beat President Trump, similar to last month, but still a higher number for Biden than for the other top three candidates.

But Warren has made strong gains on electability. Among those considering supporting her, the percentage who think she would probably beat Mr. Trump has jumped 16 points since June, from 39% then to 55% now.

1 minute ago, Starkiller said:

She has a good shot of it, actually. And she is a better candidate than Biden. 

I agree she may be a better candidate, just see no way she can get the votes. 

“I took it as a message, I think she meant it as one,” Axelrod says. Warren sent the signal that she could either be inside the tent pissing out or outside pissing in, Axelrod says, quoting a vivid Lyndon Johnson quip.”

Obama was equally straightforward. “Tell her to keep her mouth shut,” he said, according to Axelrod. “She may well be the choice, but we can’t surface that now.”

“The acrimonious differences between Warren and her allies, and members of the Obama team, led in part to her decision, with prodding from Obama himself, to leave the administration to run for the Senate rather than continue pursuing the leadership of the consumer-protection bureau. But they never fully abated, and now represent dueling approaches to Democratic economic policy-making, presenting the possibility that the next Democratic president will have ascended to the height of Democratic Party politics in part by bashing the previous one.”

“Despite attempts to gloss over past disputes by focusing on areas of mutual agreement like the CFPB, simmering bitterness remains between Warren and large swathes of the Obama administration. In interviews, many former White House and Treasury officials say they consider Warren a self-serving grandstander who cast them as villains while they were trying to save the global economy from catastrophe -- a job they think they did pretty well, all things considered.”

Other Obama administration officials call her a “professional critic,” “sanctimonious,” and a “condescending narcissist.” As one former Treasury aide put it: “We’re with Barack. We’re the liberals. Why are you pissing in our face?”

“She loved herself and some of her staff had a God view of her and that’s not aligned with government and bureaucrats which require teamwork.”

“I said, ‘Well it’s a win-win. Either you appoint her and she gets confirmed. Or she is rejected and she wins the Senate seat,” Frank recalls. “And he said, ‘Do you think she wants to be a senator?’ and I said ‘I think she wants your job but she’s go to start somewhere.’”

Many in the White House felt Warren’s critiques were righteous but dumb and following them would have hurt the very people she claimed to be championing. Geithner later wrote that “her TARP oversight hearings often felt more like made-for-YouTube inquisitions than serious inquiries.”

“Old Testament vengeance appeals to the populist fury of the moment, but the truly moral thing to do during a raging financial inferno is to put it out,” he wrote. “The goal should be to protect the innocent, even if some of the arsonists escape their full measure of justice.”

“Elizabeth’s a politician like anyone else,” Obama said in 2015, adding that her arguments “don’t stand the test of fact and scrutiny.”

“Elizabeth Warren would be a beloved Harvard Law Professor not a presidential candidate if @barackobama and @JoeBiden had not worked with her to make her idea to form a consumer financial protection bureau law,” former White House communications director Jen Psaki tweeted in April.”

“The global political world is filled with people who capitalize on anger and she has," summed up one former Obama official, who recalled her as a “demagogue” on TARP.”

"Financial crises are not morality plays,” says Summers. “Senator Warren was right and made a huge contribution by pushing for the CFPB but the idea that once crisis took hold you could resolve it from the bottom up was unrealistic and would have been catastrophic if attempted."

Some quotes that stand out. 

Long ass read but worthwhile for supporters of Warren and detractors as well. 

Edited by tgo

3 hours ago, Omar said:

I agree she may be a better candidate, just see no way she can get the votes. 

The vote will be more about Not Trump than anything else.

Asked differently how can anyone see '12k lies/bumbling idiot' Trump getting votes?  Easy, these new proTrump repubs ignore the stench, line up, and vote. saying it's not so and so.

3 hours ago, Omar said:

Warren may indeed make a good President, but she has no shot of beating Trump. This election should be all about who can beat him. 

Lol

Yet the conventional logic says Biden can beat trump even though he never would.

1 hour ago, WG53 said:

Lol

Yet the conventional logic says Biden can beat trump even though he never would.

I am not a big Biden fan, maybe if he could somehow convince Warren to be his VP. Hard to see that happening though.