Number9

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You seem to be a moron

Ooooo, Ooooo, Ooooo, I know, I know, I-KNOW!!!   YES - Okay...! Well, the Tennessee Jonitans are going to that same place where they always go on every January-trip... Watching the Super Bow

On 3/16/2019 at 1:31 PM, Number9 said:

The signing of Tannehill shows me the Titans are serious and realize the time for this team to contend is right now.  I think instead of competition or controversy the Titans plan to run an offense where the QB doesn't have to carry it, but instead conduct it.  Henry is going to be the feature back, finally.  They brought in Saffold to get more push from the line.  Lewis(6.8 ypc) catching passes will be more of what he should have been last year, a change of pace back.  Humphries is a possession receiver and Delaine, too.  I think the base offensive plan is to distribute the ball among those four guys which either of the QB should be efficient at doing.  Davis will make plenty of plays downfield and in the end zone, but I don't expect us to become a big play offense.  They will not be asked to mimic Rodgers and surely not Mahomes.

Mariota's job will be to put the ball on these pass catchers and run a smooth dominating ball control offense.  MM's hard count and play action ball fake are tops in the NFL.  Just keep the chains moving and run when he sees it.  If he gets hurt, Tannehill can play pretty much the exact same game.  The defense will be responsible to play better than last year great performance for this to work.  I think they go after D in round one and two looking for pass rush help.  The Titans have one of the best back ends in the league, they will be seen as outstanding when we bring more heat up front.

Our special teams consistently performed well and look solid again in 2019.  Not to get into a lot of detail, but running the kind of offense we run this is very important.  Keeping teams as far away from our GL consistently cannot be overlooked as a huge plus.  It keeps the defense from coming on the field with their backs to the wall and having to watch for quick score attacks because offenses have to play more conservation to avoid turnovers giving the Titans a short field.  The Titans were rarely backed up against the GL and usually had room to run our base offense.

Vrabel may be the key to a championship.  The Titans faced a huge onslaught of problems in 2018, starting with a seven hour long game.  Injury after injury, Vrabel had the same face as much as it would be sensible.  Go.  We're going into every game planning to win, with a plan to win.  Game two out of the gate, he comes out running the Wildcat, moves his star safety to receiver and beats the top team in the division.  It was like that all season.  The Titans got soundly beat three times, Ravens and Colts(2), @Houston was a different story.  Never excuses.  Never point finger.  "I have to do better."  The team played hard every game and had a formula to win with whoever was available to play.  Just seeing Vaccaro last week shows you how united they are.  2019 will be Vrabel's second season as a HC.

JRob, see all the above.

I think we are going the opposite route, and we should. Humphries is a pure slot guy we just paid a ton of money. We are going to be versatile the whole way through depending on the matchup. I think the first half of the NE game as well as the Eagles game is what we will run quite a bit. I hope Vrabel learned his lesson against Buffalo. People discount the fact we beat the past 2 SB champs with a wide open offense, yet we lost in a conservative effort to a bottom dweller. Open the offense and see what Marcus has. If he fails then hand it to Tannehill and draft a QB round 1 next year. 

Edited by IsntLifeFunny

2 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

Open the offense and see what Marcus has.

He's going into his 5th year, they tape every practice, every game, every meeting, go over tape and have spent countless hours with him. 

The staff and team knows what Mariota can do, whatever that is. 

They know

Just now, OILERMAN said:

He's going into his 5th year, they tape every practice, every game, every meeting, go over tape and have spent countless hours with him. 

The staff and team knows what Mariota can do, whatever that is. 

They know

Yep. He’s the guy who beat the Eagles and Patriots in a wide open scheme. He also manhandled the Cowboys. 

Your stance makes no sense. Why keep him on the roster and pay him 20 million if you’re trying to hide him? Your only logical response is that Robinson is in win now mode. Possibly, but I doubt it. It’s obvious he’s a good GM and he isn’t tied to Mariota. 

No one left besides the MM fans believes Mariota has proven himself. He’s done the opposite and been a tease the whole way. We aren’t competing for a championship if he doesn’t step up, so the strategy should t be running Derrick Henry’s dick into the dirt. You don’t pay a slot receiver that kind of money to run 2 and 3 TE all the time. 

6 hours ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

No one left besides the MM fans believes Mariota has proven himself. He’s done the opposite and been a tease the whole way. We aren’t competing for a championship if he doesn’t step up, so the strategy should t be running Derrick Henry’s dick into the dirt. You don’t pay a slot receiver that kind of money to run 2 and 3 TE all the time. 

I don't think anybody is suggesting 2-3 TE sets.  Henry finished the season as a top 10 RB in the NFL.  They are going to use him a lot.  I really like the addition of Humphries and the other FAs.  Everyone will play a part, but I don't see the Titans easily becoming a high flying offense.  There is too much history to the contrary.  Even if we improve scoring 2-3 points per game, that will not be enough unless the team can slow down the top offenses.  In order to match Mahomes or Luck, you have to slow them down, knock them down and sack them.

3 minutes ago, Number9 said:

I don't think anybody is suggesting 2-3 TE sets.  Henry finished the season as a top 10 RB in the NFL.  They are going to use him a lot.  I really like the addition of Humphries and the other FAs.  Everyone will play a part, but I don't see the Titans easily becoming a high flying offense.  There is too much history to the contrary.  Even if we improve scoring 2-3 points per game, that will not be enough unless the team can slow down the top offenses.  In order to match Mahomes or Luck, you have to slow them down, knock them down and sack them.

No doubt. After the FA we’ve had my focus would be how to consistently get pressure with 4 pass rushers. 

1 hour ago, Number9 said:

I don't think anybody is suggesting 2-3 TE sets.  Henry finished the season as a top 10 RB in the NFL. 

As long as the preferred way to spring Henry is to the outside, they will be using 2, and occasionally 3 TE sets. 

I can't see them taking the outside run away from him, that would be stupid.

If they truly want to model after NE, they want to be able to adjust based on the opponent and game situations.  Offensively, go smash mouth when you need to or play 3 WR's when warranted.  Same thing with the D (3-4, 4-3, zone, man).

I think the biggest need right now is edge pass rushers and a run stopping DT. 

On 3/18/2019 at 3:03 PM, BudAdams said:

If they truly want to model after NE, they want to be able to adjust based on the opponent and game situations.  Offensively, go smash mouth when you need to or play 3 WR's when warranted.  Same thing with the D (3-4, 4-3, zone, man).

I think the biggest need right now is edge pass rushers and a run stopping DT. 

I think you see the most apparent path to winning more games. It’s great to start talking about protecting the QB more, but realistically how many more points will that produce in our offense. You can’t hid great QB. They will show you what they are need to win. We need a better D. 

Edited by Number9

To me, the league has evolved into primarily a red zone league.  Throw out the volume stats like yards passing etc.  Show me a team that has a good red zone offense and a good red zone defense and they'll be a contender. 

The red zone offense has been bad for the last two years, mainly due to the poor passing game.  Fix it and the Titans offense can go from poor to good and the same for Mariota.  Humphries and the return of Walker should help this along with better QB and OL play.

On 3/16/2019 at 6:43 PM, Callidus said:

I wish I didn't use the Billy Madison clip on kyle now.

Callidus, bro... Use that creativity and genius brain of yours. I'm sure you can find another memorable avatar for my poignant disposition buddy.