Where the Titans Are Going.

Number9

The signing of Tannehill shows me the Titans are serious and realize the time for this team to contend is right now.  I think instead of competition or controversy the Titans plan to run an offense where the QB doesn't have to carry it, but instead conduct it.  Henry is going to be the feature back, finally.  They brought in Saffold to get more push from the line.  Lewis(6.8 ypc) catching passes will be more of what he should have been last year, a change of pace back.  Humphries is a possession receiver and Delaine, too.  I think the base offensive plan is to distribute the ball among those four guys which either of the QB should be efficient at doing.  Davis will make plenty of plays downfield and in the end zone, but I don't expect us to become a big play offense.  They will not be asked to mimic Rodgers and surely not Mahomes.

Mariota's job will be to put the ball on these pass catchers and run a smooth dominating ball control offense.  MM's hard count and play action ball fake are tops in the NFL.  Just keep the chains moving and run when he sees it.  If he gets hurt, Tannehill can play pretty much the exact same game.  The defense will be responsible to play better than last year great performance for this to work.  I think they go after D in round one and two looking for pass rush help.  The Titans have one of the best back ends in the league, they will be seen as outstanding when we bring more heat up front.

Our special teams consistently performed well and look solid again in 2019.  Not to get into a lot of detail, but running the kind of offense we run this is very important.  Keeping teams as far away from our GL consistently cannot be overlooked as a huge plus.  It keeps the defense from coming on the field with their backs to the wall and having to watch for quick score attacks because offenses have to play more conservation to avoid turnovers giving the Titans a short field.  The Titans were rarely backed up against the GL and usually had room to run our base offense.

Vrabel may be the key to a championship.  The Titans faced a huge onslaught of problems in 2018, starting with a seven hour long game.  Injury after injury, Vrabel had the same face as much as it would be sensible.  Go.  We're going into every game planning to win, with a plan to win.  Game two out of the gate, he comes out running the Wildcat, moves his star safety to receiver and beats the top team in the division.  It was like that all season.  The Titans got soundly beat three times, Ravens and Colts(2), @Houston was a different story.  Never excuses.  Never point finger.  "I have to do better."  The team played hard every game and had a formula to win with whoever was available to play.  Just seeing Vaccaro last week shows you how united they are.  2019 will be Vrabel's second season as a HC.

JRob, see all the above.

Edited by Number9

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You seem to be a moron

Ooooo, Ooooo, Ooooo, I know, I know, I-KNOW!!!   YES - Okay...! Well, the Tennessee Jonitans are going to that same place where they always go on every January-trip... Watching the Super Bow

5 minutes ago, Number9 said:

The signing of Tannehill shows me the Titans are serious and realize the time for this team to contend is right now.  I think instead of competition or controversy the Titans plan to run an offense where the QB doesn't have to carry it, but instead conduct it.  Henry is going to be the feature back, finally.  They brought in Safford to get more push from the line.  Lewis(6.8 ypc) catching passes will be more of what he should have been last year, a change of pace back.  Humphries is a possession receiver and Delaine, too.  I think the base offensive plan is to distribute the ball among those four guys which either of the QB should be efficient at doing.  Davis will make plenty of plays downfield and in the end zone, but I don't expect us to become a big play offense.  They will not be asked to mimic Rodgers and surely not Mahomes.

Mariota's job will be to put the ball on these pass catchers and run a smooth dominating ball control offense.  MM's hard count and play action ball fake are tops in the NFL.  Just keep the chains moving and run when he sees it.  If he gets hurt, Tannehill can play pretty much the exact same game.  The defense will be responsible to play better than last year great performance for this to work.  I think they go after D in round one and two looking for pass rush help.  The Titans have one of the best back ends in the league, they will be seen as outstanding when we bring more heat up front.

Our special teams consistently performed well and look solid again in 2019.  Not to get into a lot of detail, but running the kind of offense we run this is very important.  Keeping teams as far away from our GL consistently cannot be overlooked as a huge plus.  It keeps the defense from coming on the field with their backs to the wall and having to watch for quick score attacks because offenses have to play more conservation to avoid turnovers giving the Titans a short field.  The Titans were rarely backed up against the GL and usually had room to run our base offense.

Vrabel may be the key to a championship.  The Titans faced a huge onslaught of problems in 2018, starting with a seven hour long game.  Injury after injury, Vrabel had the same face as much as it would be sensible.  Go.  We're going into every game planning to win, with a plan to win.  Game two out of the gate, he comes out running the Wildcat, moves his star safety to receiver and beats the top team in the division.  It was like that all season.  The Titans got soundly beat three times, Ravens and Colts(2), @Houston was a different story.  Never excuses.  Never point finger.  "I have to do better."  The team played hard every game and had a formula to win with whoever was available to play.  Just seeing Vaccaro last week shows you how united they are.  2019 will be Vrabel's second season as a HC.

JRob, see all the above.

So the Titans are going to rely on Henry to run the ball  but are going D with the first two picks and wait until at least round 3 to replace Kline?  Sounds like a plan.  

47 minutes ago, ctm said:

So the Titans are going to rely on Henry to run the ball  but are going D with the first two picks and wait until at least round 3 to replace Kline?  Sounds like a plan.  

FA isn't over.  I don't see OL as a 1st round selection.  We'll see what happens.  

1 hour ago, ctm said:

I am laying out the big picture, the long game.  You are in essence saying not having replaced and not replacing Kline in rounds 1 or 2 of the draft is going to shut down the team.  They just brought in Saffold so they are not going to overlook the OL.  Henry is going to be the feature back.  But he's not going to be a one man show, like Barry Sanders or somebody.  They added Humphries.  Davis has improved and is in his third year.  The team needs to put more heat of opposing QBs.  Round 1.  Round 2. is how I think it's going to go.  Maybe I'm wrong, but I am not wrong about this team being able to compete for a playoff position.  I don't profess to be Nostradamus.

Edited by Number9

7 minutes ago, Number9 said:

I am laying out the big picture, the long game.  You are in essence saying not waiting to replace and not replacing Kline in rounds 1 or 2 of the draft is going to shut down the team.  They just brought in Safford so they are not going to overlook the OL.  Henry is going to be the feature back.  But he's not going to be a one man show, like Barry Sanders or somebody.  They added Humphries.  Davis has improved and is in his third year.  The team needs to put more heat of opposing QBs.  Round 1.  Round 2. is how I think it's going to go.  Maybe I'm wrong, but I am not wrong about this team being able to compete for a playoff position.  I don't profess to be Nostradamus.

When you project what they are going to do in round 1 and round 2, which is just a month away, it's not the long game.  It's the immediate future.

Yea, they bought in Safford to replace Spain but they have done nothing to replace Kline which is biggest vacancy among the starters. 

Edited by ctm

Ooooo, Ooooo, Ooooo, I know, I know, I-KNOW!!!

YES - Okay...! Well, the Tennessee Jonitans are going to that same place where they always go on every January-trip... Watching the Super Bowl together with friends and family snuggled in front of a nice flat-LG, while the rest of us do exactly what we're doing at this very moment on every March and April-trip about hopes and dreams in actually playing one.    

7 minutes ago, TitanRein27 said:

Ooooo, Ooooo, Ooooo, I know, I know, I-KNOW!!!

YES - Okay...! Well, the Tennessee Jonitans are going to that same place where they always go on every January-trip... Watching the Super Bowl together with friends and family snuggled in front of a nice flat-LG, while the rest of us do exactly what we're doing at this very moment on every March and April-trip about hopes and dreams in actually playing one.    

You seem to be a moron

My hope is they are headed to drop the nickname the cardiac kids. Hopefully not another year I quit watching halfway through. Hopefully a division title and more but when do I ever get what I hope for in the teams I root for. 

I 100% agree with Robinson addressing QB in an inexpensive way - Tannehill and Mariota are similar players talent wise and Tannehill actually outproduces him in some areas.  The problem is that Tannehill is inconsistent and injury prone.  That’s why Miami is moving on from him. 

They better hope hope the other additions at WR and the OL pan out while the defense and Henry dominate because up and down QB play, regardless of who it’s from, will make it difficult to overcome the Colts, Texans, and a better Jaguars team.

At the end of the day, the team needs Mariota or Tannehill to outperform what they have done this far.  Yes Tannehill is better than Gabbert.   It hrs still Tannehill and Mariota is what he is until proven otherwise.

Edited by BudAdams

2 hours ago, BudAdams said:

I 100% agree with Robinson addressing QB in an inexpensive way - Tannehill and Mariota are similar players talent wise and Tannehill actually outproduces him in some areas.  The problem is that Tannehill is inconsistent and injury prone.  That’s why Miami is moving on from him. 

They better hope hope the other additions at WR and the OL pan out while the defense and Henry dominate because up and down QB play, regardless of who it’s from, will make it difficult to overcome the Colts, Texans, and a better Jaguars team.

At the end of the day, the team needs Mariota or Tannehill to outperform what they have done this far.  Yes Tannehill is better than Gabbert.   It hrs still Tannehill and Mariota is what he is until proven otherwise.

You are very correct in what you said. There’s a reasonable limit to what can be expected from this offense. So far, a lot has been invested in it. Now the defense has to get to another level. 

Thats where dramatic improvements can be made. We can’t beat Luck with who we have. He has to play under duress for an entire game. The Colts stand between us and reaching our highest potential. If we can’t beat them, l don’t believe we can even make the post season. 

11 hours ago, TitanTez said:

Make not mistake,  the Titans weakness is on the offense and defensive line first and foremost  along with linebacker and QB play...

Both lines must improve by more than one or two players in order for the team to go to the next level. 

That weakness is like 60% of the players on the field!  We're doomed! 

Nevertheless I'm interested to see what the offense is like without sacrificing 1st down running Lewis into a wall.