Jonboy

Titans Trade for Tannehill, Release Gabbert

Jonboy   
2 minutes ago, 10 A See said:

Rosen likely would've cost more capital though and he's less experienced. You're not sure of what you have in Rosen either, but we know what Tannehill is... personally, I'd prefer Tannehill

True, true. I just wonder how seriously they thought about it. JRob could've hated Rosen as a prospect for all we know, as well.

Number9   

This is all starting to make a lot of sense.  JRob has been making moves to improve the offense from the start, but they have also been generic moves.  Any QB could play with this group in case Mariota has to miss time.  Now, he brings in an experienced QB so there's no need to rush Mariota back like they have done the last two seasons.  Tannehill has some injury problems himself, but we just gotta hope they don't both get dented at the same time.  Excellent move.

Nash   
11 minutes ago, scine09 said:

With this trade the Titans will have now had 6 QBs taken in the top 10 on their roster since 2010.

VY, Collins, Locker, Mariotta,  Gabbert, Tannehill

tgo   
Just now, Jonboy said:

Oh wow, this makes it even better...

Does this affect the cap hit I wonder?

Thrill   

I think Mariota goes into the season as the starter, but this proves he is no longer the QBOF. If he has 2 bad games in a row he's going to get benched. If Mariota gets hurt and Tannehill comes in and plays well don't expect Marcus to get his spot back. It's going to be cut throat from here on our for MM8.

And for people complaining about the picks given up for Tannehill. If he plays well this year he's going to get signed somewhere for 15-20 mil a year (see: Case Keenum). That means a 2nd or 3rd round comp pick. Win, win in my opinion. 

Edited by Thrill

pamo9   
4 minutes ago, Number9 said:

This is all starting to make a lot of sense.  JRob has been making moves to improve the offense from the start, but they have also been generic moves.  Any QB could play with this group in case Mariota has to miss time.  Now, he brings in an experienced QB so there's no need to rush Mariota back like they have done the last two seasons.  Tannehill has some injury problems himself, but we just gotta hope they don't both get dented at the same time.  Excellent move.

I really want MM to succeed. I hope the nerve issue isn't still a problem.

scine09   
3 minutes ago, Nash said:

VY, Collins, Locker, Mariotta,  Gabbert, Tannehill

It's gotta be a record in a 10 year period.

Edited by scine09

Huston   
1 minute ago, Number9 said:

This is how all good offense are constructed.