Jonboy

Titans Trade for Tannehill, Release Gabbert

We traded a 4th rounder for a backup QB because our QB is that concerning....and ppl are head over heels about it.

"Its so awesome that we now have a (better than Gabbert and Cassel) QB for when our franchise QB inevitably gets hurt....again."

Being a Titans fan 😭

Edited by JakePA_Titan

Soxcat   

First of all Tannehill is nothing more than a backup at this point who gives us a better chance at winning if our backup needs to play.  At the same time however the coaching staff gets to see Tannehill up close for a year (and probably in some games) and if we have to dump Mariota they know more about him if they want to sign him on another contract as a stop gap.  I think Tannehill may still have some upside in the right system.  Good move IMO.  

Stan   
2 hours ago, NashvilleNinja said:

Oh yeah, he's definitely the starter for some folks around here.

Nothing wrong with this. 

BudAdams   
35 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

I'm very impressed with Robinson the last two days. Cutting Kline and getting a co-starter at QB really shows Robinson's ultimate goal of winning. 

Tannehill pretty much works the same way Taylor would have. He's mobile(Former college WR) and can run the same stuff Mariota can. Robinson clearly had the same line of thinking in terms of not going into the season counting on Mariota. 

Robinson didn't draft Mariota and he's not tied to him beyond this season. It's more than possible MM doesn't finish this season as the team's starting QB now. The thing is it doesn't matter. If he plays well he keeps the job, if he doesn't he'll be replaced, end of story. 

Yep.  I absolutely believe Robinson is under pressure to win now.  

I love this move.  Clearly hedges against Mariota with someone that is just as good or better in Tanneyhill.

OILERMAN   
14 minutes ago, NashvilleNinja said:

Seriously... how many teams have dreamed of having the 49er's situation where they had Joe Montana as the starter and Steve Young as the backup? You just don't/can't have that anymore, but that doesn't mean you don't try to get as close to that ideal as possible.

OILERMAN   
3 minutes ago, BudAdams said:

Clearly hedges against Mariota with someone that is just as good or better in Tanneyhill.

Or as NashvilleNinja would say, we have our Joe Montana/Steve Young!

Just some more food for thought:

ESPN reported Miami originally was going to pay 3.5 mil vs 5 of the guarantee, but upped it most likely to buy the 4th next yr.  

4 minutes ago, Titan8425 said:

Just some more food for thought:

ESPN reported Miami originally was going to pay 3.5 mil vs 5 of the guarantee, but upped it most likely to buy the 4th next yr.  

Hey Touched, remember what I told you about the cammo.

"8MM makes me think of "8 Mike Mike" like "40 Mike Mike" as in 40mm grenade launcher!"

Screams Tard Army doesn't it?