Jonboy

Titans Trade for Tannehill, Release Gabbert

Number9   
1 hour ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Kaep may be interested in winning the Powerball too.  His odds of that are probably better than him getting another starting QB job in the NFL.

OILERMAN   
9 minutes ago, Huston said:

You cant be this obtuse

You can't really think if the Eagles signed a QB the GM would have to tell them who the starter is

That's laughable 

29 minutes ago, Justafan said:

That scope though!

Exactly.  Any sporting goods store gun counter kid with 3 months experience would know better.

It also amazes me how often I see left-handed shooter shooting right-handed rifles on TV and in movies.

I guess I missed my calling.  I coulda made a fortune being a hollywood consultant for such things.

OILERMAN   
7 minutes ago, 8MM said:

Yes he can and always is.  He's 9 on the richter scale.

You see the writing don't you? 

7 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

How telling is it that Robinson told both guys Mariota is the starter? Really? Let that sink in. 

Tell me how many teams that had an established starting QB and acquired a QB the GM would need to let both guys know who the starter is?

What it tells me is that in four years Mariota has yet to be healthy enough to put in a full 16 game season. It tells me that Robinson knew he needed to do something to solidify the backup position, something that this organization hadn't really done since NoD and maybe to a lesser extent Kerry Collins. It also tells that Robinson knows how the media likes to drum up controversies for people like you and he decided to get proactive in cutting the legs out from under it.

I understand why you'd blow about a gallon's worth of cum into your panties when you heard about the trade, but Tannehill was brought in here to be the best backup QB the team has had in years. Someone who, as a legitimate starter at various times in his career (unlike Blaine Gabbert), can come in and not leave the team twisting in the wind and having to invent new ways of scoring points like they did against Houston in their first matchup of 2018. Because regardless of how talented Mariota might be, his best ability has not been his availability.

OILERMAN   

Hey Drew and Teddy, step into my office guys. Look we just signed Teddy but I want you both to know Drew is the starting QB of the Saints

Seriously... how many teams have dreamed of having the 49er's situation where they had Joe Montana as the starter and Steve Young as the backup? You just don't/can't have that anymore, but that doesn't mean you don't try to get as close to that ideal as possible.

To put it another way, I don't know of any team out there that legitimately wants a talent discrepancy to where the starter is like a future HoFer and the backup is like one or two interceptions away from flipping burgers at McDonalds. So Robinson wants Tannehill to help, push, and compete with Mariota. Maybe that's not so much an indictment on Mariota as it is on Blaine mfing Gabbert.

Nah... that can't be it. It doesn't fit with the narrative that Mariota is the guy who's one or two interceptions away from flipping burgers.

Stan   

Mariotas days are coming to an end... no way you trade for a backup quarterback. This is to push Mariota especially finally year of his contract.. I love it finally a real competitive QB whose had more success than anyone we’ve had on the roster as a backup. 

ap24786   
3 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

Mariota is a star? LOL

Good ol Cian 

He's saying that based on accuracy numbers. The problem is that doesn't take into account Mariota's seemingly unwillingness to take as many chances. But considering the OL issues and the level of talent at receiver I would say it nets out. I don't think he's a star either but way better than the national media gives him credit for. I think you can say the same for Tannehill.