Jonboy

Titans Trade for Tannehill, Release Gabbert

1 minute ago, Justafan said:

I thought they were airsoft kids at first and that they had some replicas but the more I look at it, I think that's a national guard douchebag who's fat as fuck and his stuff is all jacked up.  He has an over the head nods mount which we haven't used since the 90's and a PEQ 2 to go with an ACOG and Peltors.  Peltors but he has no radio.  Dump pouch but no magazines.  Even if you're training, you should be carrying the equipment.  He's got some airsoft LBE on that doesn't fucking fit him and vietnam era first aid pouch which is good for absolutely fucking nothing.  

Nothing I hate more than fat soldiers.  I can't tell if they're carrying blanks or not based on the kid carrying the 240b in the background but I think they are and no blank adapter.  His sling is garbage too.  Just from top to bottom, from anyone who's ever carried a rifle in combat, that photo is all kinds of fucked up.  Did I mention he's a fat pos?

Thank you.

Now, be honest... this is you, right?

Justafan   
1 minute ago, NashvilleNinja said:

Thank you.

Now, be honest... this is you, right?

Love that guy.  One of Joe's better podcasts. I do tear apart movies when they aren't accurate.  Can't help it.  Some movies are easy like avengers movies.  That stuff doesn't bother me but when they are really trying and then mess it up, it drives me crazy.  

Jarhead is one of the more realistic war movies I've seen.  

Edited by Justafan

3 hours ago, Huston said:

5 mill more then Gabbert but worth it.

Totally. AAS has got the cabbage. Let her spend it. This is a key move. I've been squeaking about upgrading the backup QB position since the end of the season. With the other FA moves we made  and a decent draft, there is no reason we shouldn't be competing for a playoff spot and the division. Mariota getting hurt would derail that train. I'm much relieved with this deal. Personally I think JRob is absolutely killing, this offseason.

12 minutes ago, Justafan said:

I thought they were airsoft kids at first and that they had some replicas but the more I look at it, I think that's a national guard douchebag who's fat as fuck and his stuff is all jacked up.  He has an over the head nods mount which we haven't used since the 90's and a PEQ 2 to go with an ACOG and Peltors.  Peltors but he has no radio.  Dump pouch but no magazines.  Even if you're training, you should be carrying the equipment.  He's got some airsoft LBE on that doesn't fucking fit him and vietnam era first aid pouch which is good for absolutely fucking nothing.  

Nothing I hate more than fat soldiers.  I can't tell if they're carrying blanks or not based on the kid carrying the 240b in the background but I think they are and no blank adapter.  His sling is garbage too.  Just from top to bottom, from anyone who's ever carried a rifle in combat, that photo is all kinds of fucked up.  Did I mention he's a fat pos?

He's not NG.

He's a member of the Organized Obesity Militia Preparedness Homies.

Acronym: OOMPH

They's some badass fatboiz right there now.

Justafan   
Just now, TitanDuckFan said:

He's not NG.

He's a member of the Organized Obesity Militia Preparedness Homies.

Acronym: OOMPH

They's some badass fatboiz right there now.

Love it.  

The kid doing the fireman's carry with a 240b (stupid as hell by the way) makes me think they aren't just airsofters.  Airsofters never do the actual hard stuff.  They just run around the woods and pretend to be cool.  

2 minutes ago, Justafan said:

Love that guy.  One of Joe's better podcasts. I do tear apart movies when they aren't accurate.  Can't help it.  Some movies are easy like avengers movies.  That stuff doesn't bother me but when they are really trying and then mess it up, it drives me crazy.  

Jarhead is one of the more realistic war movies I've seen.  

Well movies like Avengers are just purely fantasy type shit. We all know going in Captain America and Iron Man are comic book action heroes doing impossible shit so it's easy to shut your brain down and just enjoy the ride. But like he was saying in Sacario about the bolt on the gun being back showing an empty magazine. That kind of stuff could easily be fixed, but they either don't care or they're just not paying enough attention. In either case it's gotta be irritating for people who know enough to notice it. But I never would have noticed that part in Sicario if I hadn't watched that interview because I've never owned a gun and never fired more than maybe half a handful of shots in my life from any kind of gun more deadly than a BB gun.

8MM   

“I talked to Ryan … and he understands that he is coming in as the back-up quarterback,” Robinson said. “I’ve talked to Marcus and told Marcus he is our starting quarterback. Ryan is here to help Marcus, to push Marcus, to compete with Marcus.

“And after talking with Marcus, he said: ‘One thing Jon that I believe with all my heart is that you try and do what’s best for the team and you try and put us in the best position to win football games.' And that made me feel pretty good.”

https://www.titansonline.com/news/titans-gm-jon-robinson-qb-marcus-mariota-is-the-starter-and-ryan-tannehill-is-hi

Justafan   
1 minute ago, NashvilleNinja said:

Well movies like Avengers are just purely fantasy type shit. We all know going in Captain America and Iron Man are comic book action heroes doing impossible shit so it's easy to shut your brain down and just enjoy the ride. But like he was saying in Sacario about the bolt on the gun being back showing an empty magazine. That kind of stuff could easily be fixed, but they either don't care or they're just not paying enough attention. In either case it's gotta be irritating for people who know enough to notice it. But I never would have noticed that part in Sicario if I hadn't watched that interview because I've never owned a gun and never fired more than maybe half a handful of shots in my life from any kind of gun more deadly than a BB gun.

Yea, he hits on most of it.  They sensationalize the movies and skip over important details or boring parts.  I liked jarhead because of the video the GF sent to the Soldier of her f'n some other dude.  I can't tell you how many times I've seen some cruel f'd up stuff like that.  Now that is realistic.  Or when they're talking on the radio and just say stupid crap.  Every now and then you can tell they had someone consulting who had a good eye for detail but usually they get stuff really wrong.

45 minutes ago, Justafan said:

There's no way that's national guard.  He's got woodlands with sleeve pockets.  We got those on our DCU's, but only after our first deployment to Afghanistan, and even then it took 2 months to get the sew-shop to get the entire battalion done.  

I wasn't in the 'regular army' but surely there is no way that thing is more than an airsoft wannabe...probably a postal worker by day.