Titans Trade for Tannehill, Release Gabbert

Jonboy

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Given their injury history Mariota and Tannehill might just be able to cover a full 16 game regular season schedule.

Part of my job is keeping up with tech news, software updates, bugs, etc. so I have twitter open all day at work. I use Tweetdeck and have it docked to the side of my screen at all times. So when some

Posted Images

4 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

Honestly if you're a borderline starting QB trying to hang on as a starter what better place is there in the league to go than the Titans? Mariota is in the final year and on the edge of not being kept and the Titans have the potential of a good supporting offensive roster with a good defense. 

It's not hard to imagine a scenario where he's the 2020 starting QB. 

Then why only a 1 year deal? I can see a scenario where he starts but the 1 year deal is odd.

I guess I'd force us to give him a big contract next year if he won the job possibly. 

47 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

After watching both of them, Tannehill is the better thrower IMO.  Better touch and anticipation.  Many of his throws are "perfect" by NFL standards-they drop right into the WR's hands.  He often throws them open and puts the ball in a place where they can make a play. 

Watching Mariota's tape, it's mainly him throwing to wide open receivers- The greater majority of his his throws are with minimal anticipation and to WRs who are more "open" by NFL standard.

He can put decent touch on some passes, but he's very mediocre and stiff in terms of his ball placement and it really limits play making and YAC opportunities. 

Mariota appears to be a QB who is much more dependant on his supporting cast in order to produce.  He limits opportunities in the passing game.  There's a drop off in speed, as Mariota is more like a WR with the ball and Tannehill is just a fast QB, but that's the only disadvantage.  If truly given an equal opportunity, Tannehill would be the starter.  That's just my observation.

Edited by abc2330

1 minute ago, abc2330 said:

After watching both of them, Tannehill is the better thrower IMO.  Better touch and anticipation.  Many of his throws are "perfect" by NFL standards-they drop right into the WR's hands.  He often throws them open and puts the ball in a place where they can make a play.  Watching Mariota's tape, it's mainly him throwing to wide open receivers- The greater majority of his his throws are with minimal anticipation and to WRs who are more "open" by NFL standard.  He can put decent touch on some passes, but he's very mediocre and stiff in terms of his ball placement and it really limits play making and YAC opportunities.  Mariota appears to be a QB who is much more dependant on his supporting cast in order to produce.  He limited opportunities in the passing game.  That's just my observation.

I’ll openly say as an appeal to authority that the Titans are paying one guy 20 million and the other 2. There’s a reason for that no matter how much you dislike him. 

I love the signing. Tannehill ends up a cheap bridge for us if Marcus fails. 

12 minutes ago, reo said:

Then why only a 1 year deal? I can see a scenario where he starts but the 1 year deal is odd.

I guess I'd force us to give him a big contract next year if he won the job possibly. 

It likely stems from the fact his guaranteed money was done, yet Miami still controlled his rights. He restructured to get instant money and a chance to prove himself. TN was a good place to do that so it worked out for all parties. 

Edited by IsntLifeFunny

27 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

Why is that? He’s paying one guy 20 million and the other 2 million. 

I think he's implying he shouldn't have to remind us Mariota is the starter at all.

Edited by big2033

16 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

I’ll openly say as an appeal to authority that the Titans are paying one guy 20 million and the other 2. There’s a reason for that no matter how much you dislike him. 

I love the signing. Tannehill ends up a cheap bridge for us if Marcus fails. 

its only 500k more than gabbert too lol. 

1 minute ago, big2033 said:

I think he's implying he should have to remind us Mariota is the starter at all.

ahh... just like philly said with wentz/foles?

its a retard conclusion to pull anything from that formality. 

Just now, titanruss said:

ahh... just like philly said with wentz/foles?

its a retard conclusion to pull anything from that formality. 

Foles won a Super Bowl. Of course they'd have to remind Eagles fans LOL.

Bad comparison.

13 minutes ago, big2033 said:

I think he's implying he shouldn't have to remind us Mariota is the starter at all.

Obviously 

and its its not the pay they are getting is from a level playing field

The Titans went to great lengths to get a fill in starter

2 minutes ago, tgo said:

This is one of the reasons why Beddingfield got fired. He doesn’t realize we’ll get a comp pick for losing Tannehill and or possibly Mariota next year. 

And Saffold is a more expensive version of Spain? What a stupid thing to say.

Is that kind of like how Aaron Rodgers is a more expensive version of Johnny Manziel? 

Yea he’s close to buffoon status 

6 minutes ago, big2033 said:

Foles won a Super Bowl. Of course they'd have to remind Eagles fans LOL.

Bad comparison.

Hey Touched, Montreal huh? I've never seen a shit franchise with such a world following. I'm going to be over in Scotland and Ireland in September. Don't you have a few privates over there? Beer time maybe? I was going to buy AussieTard a brew last September but he never showed up.