Titans Trade for Tannehill, Release Gabbert

Jonboy

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Given their injury history Mariota and Tannehill might just be able to cover a full 16 game regular season schedule.

Part of my job is keeping up with tech news, software updates, bugs, etc. so I have twitter open all day at work. I use Tweetdeck and have it docked to the side of my screen at all times. So when some

Posted Images

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/26152205/barnwell-2019-nfl-free-agency-trade-grades-tracking-every-big-signing-move

Tennessee should have prioritized the backup position earlier, of course, given how frequently Mariota gets injured.

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII^^

Very good take and good opinions about the trade.  

I was ready to label JRob as incompent if he didn't get a better backup this season.  MM has been injured too often to just waste the talent of a team this good.  They were better last year, before all the injuries.  They knew what Gabbert could and could not do.  We talk about players, but these guys study them down to their fingers.  They have and have studied game film where these backups Cassell and Gabbert have been in every kind of situation.  They knew going in if either one of them had to play three games, we were probably losing all three.  Blaine was so bad they ran the wildcat when he started.

What does it mean?  In 2017, Mariota was starting the season well.  He threw one of his WTF's, then got hurt trying to makeup for it and win the game by himself.  Cassell loses a very winnable Miami game, back comes MM way too soon.  He's hindered with injury the rest of the season.  He ain't that damn good to start with, but hurt all season is stupid just because you don't have a decent backup.  In 2018, funny bone starts telling bad jokes.  They said rest maybe three weeks and he'll be good to go.  Rest one week, back on the field.  

I'm not giving him a break because he's injured.  If he's out there, every thing he does counts.  He gets hurt too much, but he takes too many chances and puts himself up for big hits.  It's on the Titans to have the position covered if he gets hurt and to upgrade the position if he doesn't earn his keep.  Finally.