Titans Releasing Josh Kline

Jonboy

10 hours ago, japan said:

I know. It was crazy how the FO preferred Kline even though you said he was worse. And they didn’t like him as much as we thought they did, but more than Spain. 

I’m not sure why you’re dying on this hill. Obviously the FO didn’t like either of them. 

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Kinda surprising that Kline refused a pay cut.    Based on his performance last year, he should have volunteered to pay back most of his salary.

Holy shit I’m shocked   Good on Robinson to admit this terrible mistake 

Major props to JRob here for being willing to make this move. Another mistake he's admitting and moving on from, despite the contract. It does give us $3.5 million in projected dead money, but frees u

Posted Images

6 hours ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

If you watch that Mike Keith interview with JRob he mentioned having a discussion with Kline about playing a "different role" for the team, reading between the lines they would of kept him had he agreed a salary reduction but he would of been competing for the starting RG spot or been a backup OG.

This had to be why Kline refused the pay cut. I'd guess it was a large pay cut and his spot on the roster wasn't even safe. 

It’s interesting that he mentions Pamphile first as a RG option. He started two years at LG with the Bucs. 

It would be literally like having 4 OTs and a center playing on the line haha. No player below 6’5 310 except Jones.   

But of course I expect them to draft someone to play there (eventual starter) unless it is a pure center like Bradbury. 

Edited by tgo

Who might be the swing guard?? Assuming we draft a center, Grasso might very well be the backup center, or even start until the new guy is ready.. that leaves Jones, Pamphile, Levin, and Stinnie competing for the starting Right guard and backup /swing guard position .. Pamphile has an injury history. Working against him and experience and versatility working for him.. Jones has experience, and versatility , but I’m waiting to see how he plays at the rg spot.. and Levin played center much better than guard last season as I recall.. so the focus should be on Jones and Stinnie . Stinnie was a tackle in college, undrafted, and now becoming a guard.. his progress will likely determine what happens there..all the way from starting or being cut depending on his performance

I'm interested in what they are going to do with Dennis Kelly, he's clearly deserving of a starting position.  However, is he too big to start at guard or do we move Conklin to RG (even though it's been stated he's our RT by JRob)?

Several things seem certain, there will be a pocket to throw from, the oline will be much better at blocking the outside zone which is Henry’s strength, we will see more screens for Lewis.. all of which means that we spread the field by threatening to run or screen outside, and counter that with inside receivers like Humphries, Walker, and Smith.... we still need an inline te . And it will be interesting to see if Pruitt cAn be a backup for that spot 

1 hour ago, Tomachek said:

I'm interested in what they are going to do with Dennis Kelly, he's clearly deserving of a starting position.  However, is he too big to start at guard or do we move Conklin to RG (even though it's been stated he's our RT by JRob)?

As long as Conklin returns to form Kelly is the swing OT

I’ve not been a proponent of drafting IOL at 19.

However, after the Saffold signing... I can envision a scenario where JR swings for the fences and goes all in on a truly dominant O-line for the next 4-5 years.   Drafting an OG at 19 or 51 would likely do just that.

I think it's fair to say for every thumbs-UP about releasing Kline before the great Saffold upgrade to fill that other spot, we'll simply call the entire group including (Mr. $Lewan$) as underachieving one-hit-wonders. Just for the sake of consistently berrading Titans players who've always played to that very word. I wanna be like Tom Brady and that cool kid coaching the team from LA with the swirly-thing on their helmets, too. Hey, how's that Levitre guy doing???

At least LeFleur did a hell've lot more offensively than Robiskie and that Mularkey guy. Go Jonitans!

12 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

As long as Conklin returns to form Kelly is the swing OT

This but let’s be honest. If we could get a 2 or 3 for Conklin you do it and start Kelly at RT and have Pamphile as swing OT. 

RT in this scheme is friendly. You can find a solid starter in FA or draft. We could even draft his replacement to compete in 2 or 3 this year. 

6 minutes ago, Kyle021 said:

This but let’s be honest. If we could get a 2 or 3 for Conklin you do it and start Kelly at RT and have Pamphile as swing OT. 

RT in this scheme is friendly. You can find a solid starter in FA or draft. We could even draft his replacement to compete in 2 or 3 this year. 

Dont hurt yourself.

7 hours ago, TitanRein27 said:

I think it's fair to say for every thumbs-UP about releasing Kline before the great Saffold upgrade to fill that other spot, we'll simply call the entire group including (Mr. $Lewan$) as underachieving one-hit-wonders. Just for the sake of consistently berrading Titans players who've always played to that very word. I wanna be like Tom Brady and that cool kid coaching the team from LA with the swirly-thing on their helmets, too. Hey, how's that Levitre guy doing???

At least LeFleur did a hell've lot more offensively than Robiskie and that Mularkey guy. Go Jonitans!

Not a clue.