Jonboy

Titans Releasing Josh Kline

Tomachek   
3 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

That would be dumb considering Jones can play OG as well as C. 

Cool he can be mediocre at two positions, will save 4.5 mil I believe cutting him. JRob is definitely looking to upgrade the entire interior offensive line.

Justafan   

How hard am I gonna laugh if they bring Spain back on the cheap?!

They're gonna target someone in the draft.  Gotta be.  They aren't going to hand out another big contract on that line.  That's crazy.  Either that or get a placeholder vet on the cheap but might as well roll with Pamphile if you're going to do that.  

This is a bold move.  Really happy to see Robinson admit mistakes and move on early.  

tgo   

Another random thought: 

Corey Levin played very well at center. 

Jones could be moved to guard, with Levin starting at center. Jones is still not ideal at RG but would be stouter than Kline. 

This provides maximum flexibility in the draft if nothing is done via FA. I'll be happy to eat crow if we draft an iOL early. 

They now could go iOL/DL/OLB/TE. 

tgo   
4 minutes ago, Justafan said:

How hard am I gonna laugh if they bring Spain back on the cheap?!

They're gonna target someone in the draft.  Gotta be.  They aren't going to hand out another big contract on that line.  That's crazy.  Either that or get a placeholder vet on the cheap but might as well roll with Pamphile if you're going to do that.  

This is a bold move.  Really happy to see Robinson admit mistakes and move on early.  

Haha I guess that's possible! Re: Spain. 

I think it would be great to address OL in draft (if they sign Suh or Jernigan esp!). 

Downtown   
1 minute ago, tgo said:

Another random thought: 

Corey Levin played very well at center. 

Jones could be moved to guard, with Levin starting at center. Jones is still not ideal at RG but would be stouter than Kline. 

This provides maximum flexibility in the draft if nothing is done via FA. I'll be happy to eat crow if we draft an iOL early. 

They now could go iOL/DL/OLB/TE. 

This was my thought. Corey Levin played well enough to make Jones/Kline expendable. I would bet they make the same offer to Jones (take a paycut and a reduced role or you're gone). We were always going to get IOL at some point in the draft, no difference here. Just less bodies to crowd the room. I don't think this changes our approach to the season specifically because we have Levin and retained Pamphile.

tgo   
Just now, Downtown said:

This was my thought. Corey Levin played well enough to make Jones/Kline expendable. I would bet they make the same offer to Jones (take a paycut and a reduced role or you're gone). We were always going to get IOL at some point in the draft, no difference here. Just less bodies to crowd the room. I don't think this changes our approach to the season specifically because we have Levin and retained Pamphile.

Jones contract is such that he can be released later though. 

Although that would be kind of shitty. 

Downtown   
13 minutes ago, tgo said:

Stefan Wisniewski anyone?

This would be tremendous on a short term deal. But looking at the line overall, we need some rookie contracts to diversify the pay structure. 

Downtown   

2019 draft priority is coming into focus and remains the same. Looking like Pass Rush, IOL, WR, and maybe a development QB in that order is in store.