Titans Releasing Josh Kline

Jonboy

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Kinda surprising that Kline refused a pay cut.    Based on his performance last year, he should have volunteered to pay back most of his salary.

Holy shit I’m shocked   Good on Robinson to admit this terrible mistake 

Major props to JRob here for being willing to make this move. Another mistake he's admitting and moving on from, despite the contract. It does give us $3.5 million in projected dead money, but frees u

Posted Images

Good riddance. Kline was an absolute bum. His presence on our roster was offensive. Next we need to get Jones the fuck up out of here. Told y'all from the get-go that the interior OL was hot garbage and absolutely the biggest problem on the team. Glad to see J-Rob saw this too, I was beginning to wonder if he had a blind spot regarding the interior OL. 

JRob isn't making huge signings of marque players that make the headlines, but every day you see him making moves that will improve the team.  AND he's so quiet about what he's doing.

Got to remember this was an UDFA who eventually got playing time with the Pats but never really stuck and got waived.  We picked him up as a last minute scrap heap to plug a whole after Warmack IIRC.  Wasn't worse which was key attribute - more telling about the waste of a pick Warmack was rather than how great Kline was.

Then somehow "not worse" turned into $12 mil, then last year's crap on the field, and now here we are.

Guys like Kline are fine for roster depth on rookie or maybe vet min type contracts (well maybe more for OL vets).  But they're simply not better than other options for less money (or better options for same money)  Got to assume that last year was about continuity combined with lack of market options that left JR between and rock and a hard place.  That or else he just saw something in Kline that turned out not to be there.

14 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

He did sign Kline for huge money a year ago 

Hey man......

He's just throwing someone else's money around trying to win some football games. 

1 hour ago, japan said:

Jonboy, maybe you never understood my stance. My stance was always that Spain was worse than Kline and would be the first to go. How does this show I’m wrong? We tried to keep Kline for less money??

Spain was better than Kline. Both the tape and analytics confirmed that and it's really not that debatable. What you had in your favor was that it was clear the FO preferred Kline for reasons no one really understood but now that Kline has been sent packing it shows that even they didn't  like him as much as we thought they did. 

6 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

And signed him to a deal he could get out of easily.  Kline played well before he got paid.  Who knew Kline would pull a CJ?

Right, everyone was surprised how well he played and wondered why New England let him go.

Edited by Huston

3 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

Spain was better than Kline. Both the tape and analytics confirmed that and it's really not that debatable. What you had in your favor was that it was clear the FO preferred Kline for reasons no one really understood but now that Kline has been sent packing it shows that even they didn't  like him as much as we thought they did. 

Most likely because he was assignment sound and Spain wasn't. 

10 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

Saying Spain was better than Kline is like saying death by hanging is better than death by strychnine ingestion.

Is it true? Maybe, but both suck.

We were always going to draft an interior O-lineman. So now we HAVE to draft a STARTING RG. Or a starting center and slide Jones to RG. The guy has to be an improvement over Kline.

I don't think this is too big of a task, I've been thinking we need to draft an interior O-lineman, an edge rusher and a D-lineman who can get pressure up the middle in the early rounds. 

Not a bad number of holes considering. Houston still needs two starting tackles from the draft unless they are planning on keeping one of their back up caliber tackles starting. Also, their secondary was a problem last year and it got worse. 

Edited by Tex in a Can