Titans Releasing Josh Kline

Jonboy

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Kinda surprising that Kline refused a pay cut.    Based on his performance last year, he should have volunteered to pay back most of his salary.

Holy shit I’m shocked   Good on Robinson to admit this terrible mistake 

Major props to JRob here for being willing to make this move. Another mistake he's admitting and moving on from, despite the contract. It does give us $3.5 million in projected dead money, but frees u

Posted Images

1 minute ago, tgo said:

We have 31M in cap space now, not counting the Vaccaro and Tye Smith contracts, which should total about 5M in cap space for this season. 

I thought you posted recently that the team had 10M?

How I see this with the current roster. 

Levin and Pamphile could compete for the spot and the loser is swing on the inside line. 

They could easily add a cheaper FA to compete as well or draft a replacement.  Not a major deal at all. 

3 minutes ago, headhunter said:

Its been said a million times Conklin doesnt want to move to guard

If Conklin continues on the trajectory he was on last season playing RT, he won’t be able to get a job in the league. He was awful, injured or not. 

21 minutes ago, tgo said:

Also, don't forget about Mariota's college center Grasu who he's been working out with all offseason. 

If they're going to release Kline, Jones should be looking over his shoulder too I think. 

And Grasu is (was?) a fantastic puller.  He's great in the OZR game, especially to the right.  I can see him doing that from the RG position.

20 minutes ago, TitanDuckFan said:

And Grasu is (was?) a fantastic puller.  He's great in the OZR game, especially to the right.  I can see him doing that from the RG position.

It was interesting hearing Robinson talk about Grasu at the combine. He actually made a point of saying he's mostly played center, downplaying Kuharsky asking him about Grasu playing guard, with I thought was weird at the time. 

I could see Grasu starting at center with his rapport with Mariota and Jones moving to RG if they don't want to start Levin. Grasu has been working out with Mariota all offseason. 

Grasu was a really promising player that got derailed by injuries. 

Edited by tgo

3 minutes ago, tgo said:

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but doing some research on Jones and he didn't move to center with Houston until after Chris Myers left in 2014. 

So he played primarily guard the first 3 years of his career. His 4th year he played center in 2015, and then we signed him to be our center in 2016. 

He started at both right guard and left guard with Houston in his first three years

Jones at RG would be a reprise of the Leroy Harris experience, except maybe not as good. I can't see them doing that. Saffold was a (left) tackle early in his career, I'd move him to RG 10/10 before I put Jones there.

4 minutes ago, NewsToTom said:

Jones at RG would be a reprise of the Leroy Harris experience, except maybe not as good. I can't see them doing that. Saffold was a (left) tackle early in his career, I'd move him to RG 10/10 before I put Jones there.

Why do you say this Tom?

Just don't think Jones is an adequate guard?