Titans Releasing Josh Kline

Jonboy

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Kinda surprising that Kline refused a pay cut.    Based on his performance last year, he should have volunteered to pay back most of his salary.

Holy shit I’m shocked   Good on Robinson to admit this terrible mistake 

Major props to JRob here for being willing to make this move. Another mistake he's admitting and moving on from, despite the contract. It does give us $3.5 million in projected dead money, but frees u

Posted Images

How hard am I gonna laugh if they bring Spain back on the cheap?!

They're gonna target someone in the draft.  Gotta be.  They aren't going to hand out another big contract on that line.  That's crazy.  Either that or get a placeholder vet on the cheap but might as well roll with Pamphile if you're going to do that.  

This is a bold move.  Really happy to see Robinson admit mistakes and move on early.  

Another random thought: 

Corey Levin played very well at center. 

Jones could be moved to guard, with Levin starting at center. Jones is still not ideal at RG but would be stouter than Kline. 

This provides maximum flexibility in the draft if nothing is done via FA. I'll be happy to eat crow if we draft an iOL early. 

They now could go iOL/DL/OLB/TE. 

4 minutes ago, Justafan said:

How hard am I gonna laugh if they bring Spain back on the cheap?!

They're gonna target someone in the draft.  Gotta be.  They aren't going to hand out another big contract on that line.  That's crazy.  Either that or get a placeholder vet on the cheap but might as well roll with Pamphile if you're going to do that.  

This is a bold move.  Really happy to see Robinson admit mistakes and move on early.  

Haha I guess that's possible! Re: Spain. 

I think it would be great to address OL in draft (if they sign Suh or Jernigan esp!). 

1 minute ago, tgo said:

Another random thought: 

Corey Levin played very well at center. 

Jones could be moved to guard, with Levin starting at center. Jones is still not ideal at RG but would be stouter than Kline. 

This provides maximum flexibility in the draft if nothing is done via FA. I'll be happy to eat crow if we draft an iOL early. 

They now could go iOL/DL/OLB/TE. 

This was my thought. Corey Levin played well enough to make Jones/Kline expendable. I would bet they make the same offer to Jones (take a paycut and a reduced role or you're gone). We were always going to get IOL at some point in the draft, no difference here. Just less bodies to crowd the room. I don't think this changes our approach to the season specifically because we have Levin and retained Pamphile.

Just now, Downtown said:

This was my thought. Corey Levin played well enough to make Jones/Kline expendable. I would bet they make the same offer to Jones (take a paycut and a reduced role or you're gone). We were always going to get IOL at some point in the draft, no difference here. Just less bodies to crowd the room. I don't think this changes our approach to the season specifically because we have Levin and retained Pamphile.

Jones contract is such that he can be released later though. 

Although that would be kind of shitty.