Senate votes to block Trump’s “National Emergency”

ChesterCopperpot1

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In the end, the Supreme Court is going to be the one to decide if a president has the power to override the federal budget written by Congress and just apply money to any project he wants.  

You mean get rid of the few republicans that still believes the Constitution and rule of law?     Yep, this is not your father's GOP anymore.     I continually am reminded of a pos

This is some stupid shit, even for Soxcat.

Posted Images

Yeah, guess the last 2+ years where Republican politicians and religious guys like Sox who said they didn't like Trump have gone to the mat for him over any and all issues.

Even the Republicans themselves promote the idea that they are more disciplined in holding the line than Democrats.

24 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

So we make a list of Republicans that have to go.  This is where Republicans devour their own.  Dems would never do this.  They are in lock step like the gestapo is keeping an eye no them. 

No. They just know this is a charade of a national emergency. Mitt even said he supports the wall but knows this isn’t national emergency material. Take your L, chump. 

Pretty hard to call the southern border situation a national emergency OR say Trump's action is considered within executive scope when 1 out of 5  repubs go on record to disagree in today's hyper-partisan political environment.

Edited by begooode

54 minutes ago, ChesterCopperpot1 said:

No. They just know this is a charade of a national emergency. Mitt even said he supports the wall but knows this isn’t national emergency material. Take your L, chump. 

Too many Trump supporters cannot comprehend a person can support border security while believing a wall is a dumb idea or this is a faux national emergency. It's nuts.

1 hour ago, Soxcat said:

So we make a list of Republicans that have to go.  This is where Republicans devour their own.  Dems would never do this.  They are in lock step like the gestapo is keeping an eye no them. 

After one of Obama's executive orders, I'm certain that you posted a comment or distributed a meme about Obama acting like a dictator or Obama is trashing the constitution or the Republicans need to oppose an out of control executive branch.

I guess Obama increased your tolerance for dictators. Thanks Obama.

Edited by Btowner

Now comes the constitutional argument over whether Trump has the authority to veto this.  

It's a pretty interesting debate.  There are several lines of thought on this and a veto could get challenged in court.  I have no idea how solid the legal arguments are but I heard a great debate on this on a podcast a couple of weeks ago.  

5 minutes ago, Justafan said:

Now comes the constitutional argument over whether Trump has the authority to veto this.  

It's a pretty interesting debate.  There are several lines of thought on this and a veto could get challenged in court.  I have no idea how solid the legal arguments are but I heard a great debate on this on a podcast a couple of weeks ago.  

What is the argument that he wouldn't have the authority to veto it?