Sign in to follow this  
tgo

Falcons Sign Luke Stocker

tgo   

Would like to see us get Toilolo or Hoomanawanui unless we're going after Hockenson. 

Omar   

Hockensen!! He could really help transform this offense. 

Fant could not block, so his playing time was cut during the season. No thanks

SARGO24   

Hockensen is the guy if he is there at #19 I think. Jonnu might see more time at WR and who knows how Delanie will be after the injury.

tgo   
2 minutes ago, SARGO24 said:

Hockensen is the guy if he is there at #19 I think. Jonnu might see more time at WR and who knows how Delanie will be after the injury.

No need to have Jonnu play WR if we're running a lot of 3 TE sets. 

4 minutes ago, tgo said:

No need to have Jonnu play WR if we're running a lot of 3 TE sets. 

We're not running "a lot" of 3 TE sets, especially after having a big offseason target be a slot guy

Soxcat   

They are fine with Pruitt apparently as he is really the guy taking over Stocker's spot.

No way our group of TEs would prevent them from taking a TE if they really liked Hokenson or someone else.  Hockenson is a talent level comparable to a younger Walker.  We have Walker and Smith coming off knee injuries and obviously Walker isn't going to be around much longer.  Thus, yea, they could use a young TE talent providing it is a decent upgrade and long term answer.  Would also be great if we go Hokenson and he could contribute early since we don't know what we are going to get from Smith early on.  For all we know Walker could be a step slower as well.  Thus, we might be hurting at TE especially if the plan is to use two or three of them frequently.

Now it seems to me with the signing of Humphries we might go to a 3 WR set more as our primary set and this is something I've been hoping for.  You pull a defender out of the box to cover the slot guy and push the defense to stay in their nickel alignment.  One less guy to block and one extra guy who can catch passes for the defense to worry about.  If you still have a TE that can block for the run as well as catch passes you have the option to do whatever you want. 

nine   

Stocker is a decent enough #2 TE;   I appreciate his time in Tennessee and wish him the best of luck in ATL.

I wouldn't be stunned or disappointed with a TE in the early rounds...but I suspect a pass rusher would probably offer greater and more immediate ROI.    There team already has strong talent and depth at the TE position;  I can't seem them going that direction at #19 unless JRob sees one of them as a generational-type talent.

58 minutes ago, TorontoTitan said:

I dont see us drafted a TE as between Walker, Smith, Firkster and Pruitt we are pretty well set for this season.

Seems likely they are pretty set at TE. Not sure if Firkser and Pruitt both make the roster or if they don’t randomly lose out to a good late round or UDFA TE but both of them are capable backups.