Falcons Sign Luke Stocker

tgo

Just now, Tomachek said:

His blocking blows, he could be elite if he can refine that part of his game.  

Refine?

I think an overhaul is required after having played wide receiver in college!

Start from the ground up!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think a TE in round 1 has to be in play to some degree    A true inline dual threat helps the offense more than anything at this point, at least out of positions that are realistic

I dont see us drafted a TE as between Walker, Smith, Firkster and Pruitt we are pretty well set for this season.

39 minutes ago, scine09 said:

Do you think their pass rush as presently constituted is sufficient?  I don't.  I think it's their one glaring weakness and needs to be addressed.

There are a multitude of reasons for why the defense outperformed the offense but I feel better about the offense than the defense right now.  Particularly after the two upgrades.

Pass rush doesn't help Mariota's stats... What do you think he views as sufficient

1 minute ago, wiscotitansfan said:

Pass rush doesn't help Mariota's stats... What do you think he views as sufficient

I'm just saying that I believe right now the biggest weakness is their pass rush.  And given the choice between the Titans offense or defense I'm taking their offense.  I like the secondary but I'm still skeptical about the front 7, which I've always viewed as more important than the secondary.

9 minutes ago, scine09 said:

I'm just saying that I believe right now the biggest weakness is their pass rush.  And given the choice between the Titans offense or defense I'm taking their offense.  I like the secondary but I'm still skeptical about the front 7, which I've always viewed as more important than the secondary.

I don't get what you're saying tbh, I'm just saying that you know damn well his biggest view on need for the Titans is getting Mariota even more weapons.

I don't get what you're saying tbh, I'm just saying that you know damn well his biggest view on need for the Titans is getting Mariota even more weapons.

That's fine I'm not asking you to agree with me about their biggest weakness.  It's just what I would do.  Obviously if Hockenson is an elite prospect and far better than any of the edge guys as well as Smith, Firkser and Pruitt then fine take him.  Otherwise I'd like to see them focus on improving the pass rush.

9 minutes ago, wiscotitansfan said:

.....and/or OL protection.

5 minutes ago, scine09 said:

That's fine I'm not asking you to agree with me about their biggest weakness.  It's just what I would do.  Obviously if Hockenson is an elite prospect and far better than any of the edge guys as well as Smith, Firkser and Pruitt then fine take him.  Otherwise I'd like to see them focus on improving the pass rush.

So would I.... I'm literally just saying how dumb it is to ask a Mariota homer about what he think the team weakness is..... of course he will say that we need to get Mariota more weapons.

I don't give a shit about what you or I believe, I was just commenting on your stupidity of actually engaging Duck with a question if you were serious

So would I.... I'm literally just saying how dumb it is to ask a Mariota homer about what he think the team weakness is..... of course he will say that we need to get Mariota more weapons.

I don't give a shit about what you or I believe, I was just commenting on your stupidity of actually engaging Duck with a question if you were serious

Well he quoted me initially which is where the back and forth started.  I understand what his priorities are for this team.  But if he's interested in the team being able to go farther than last year, which is a good thing for Mariota, being able to generate more pressure on the QB is a start.  I wonder if he watched the Colts game where Andrew Luck had time to take a nap and still complete passes.

9 minutes ago, scine09 said:

Well he quoted me initially which is where the back and forth started.  I understand what his priorities are for this team.  But if he's interested in the team being able to go farther than last year, which is a good thing for Mariota, being able to generate more pressure on the QB is a start.  I wonder if he watched the Colts game where Andrew Luck had time to take a nap and still complete passes.

Against the Colts, more than the pass rush sucked defensively.  In two games they put over 800 yards and 70 points on this defense.  Roughly half of that in the run game. 

They were very balanced in their attack, and the Titans' defense didn't really slow down either side of their offense.

I'm not saying one need is that much more important than the other, despite what your little cheesehead buddy seems to think.

But D-Line and Edge players are deeper in this draft than monster dual role TEs.

As discussed elsewhere, the right TE helps the OL in the pass game and the run game, as well as target situation for the QB.

So, I see need between the two position groups as a push, and the better player of the two positions should be taken at 19.

I say take Hockenson if he's there at 19, before the 3rd or 4th choice of OLB.

1 hour ago, scine09 said:

Do you think their pass rush as presently constituted is sufficient?  I don't.  I think it's their one glaring weakness and needs to be addressed.

Besides, the Titans defense wasn't the only team that couldn't get to Luck, the O-Line and blocking scheme was just that good.  Especially in the 2nd half of the season.

1 hour ago, TitanDuckFan said:

Against the Colts, more than the pass rush sucked defensively.  In two games they put over 800 yards and 70 points on this defense.  Roughly half of that in the run game. 

They were very balanced in their attack, and the Titans' defense didn't really slow down either side of their offense.

I'm not saying one need is that much more important than the other, despite what your little cheesehead buddy seems to think.

But D-Line and Edge players are deeper in this draft than monster dual role TEs.

As discussed elsewhere, the right TE helps the OL in the pass game and the run game, as well as target situation for the QB.

So, I see need between the two position groups as a push, and the better player of the two positions should be taken at 19.

I say take Hockenson if he's there at 19, before the 3rd or 4th choice of OLB.

I think your opinion of the tight ends on the roster and my opinion is drastically different.

A first round OLB would really help out our pass rush quite a bit. It could maybe get us an extra win or two. However, it seems that deep in games against teams like the chiefs, patriots, or saints it’s impossible to stop their offense. 

I think bringing in a TE like Hockenson could really be a game changer on offense. That could potentially help us win a few of the shootout games that we got blown out in last year. 

14 minutes ago, scine09 said:

I think your opinion of the tight ends on the roster and my opinion is drastically different.

None of the active roster TEs are over 6'3", and only Jonnu is that tall.  They are basically fleet footed FBs, except Wick, who managed to land himself on IR, he's 6'5".

Delanie and Jonnu ARE coming off injury.  Will both come all the way back?

Delanie will be 35 next season.

Pruitt is a practice squad refugee, but a decent blocker.

Firkser's blocking sucks.

What is there about that list that you disagree with?

3 minutes ago, TitanDuckFan said:

None of the active roster TEs are over 6'3", and only Jonnu is that tall.  They are basically fleet footed FBs, except Wick, who managed to land himself on IR, he's 6'5".

Delanie and Jonnu ARE coming off injury.  Will both come all the way back?

Delanie will be 35 next season.

Pruitt is a practice squad refugee, but a decent blocker.

Firkser's blocking sucks.

What is there about that list that you disagree with?

I think Firkser is a very good receiver and is good at getting open.  Who knows about how each of the injured guys comes back but I'd rather give them a chance and beef up the edge than worry about a position that right now is not a need position.

They need an elite edge rusher.  They've needed an elite edge rusher for years.  It'll only make guys like Landry and Finch better and improve the entire defense.