OILERMAN

Beto O'Rourke announces he's running for president in 2020

18 hours ago, Titans_Win_Again said:

Something odd about a guy polling at around 5% out raising everyone else.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2020/president/us/2020_democratic_presidential_nomination-6730.html

I want to see the average donation size... and his actual policies. His website doesn't even have a policy section.

Blame the media. The same happened with the Bernie reports after day one. They received around 225k donations totalling 5.9M. Do the math, it's comical.

"Beto O’Rourke told reporters Wednesday that the record $6.1 million he raised in the first 24 hours after his 2020 presidential announcement came from 128,000 contributors, who donated an average $47"

Not quite as grassroots as Bernie, but still pretty good.

If Beto can split the Obama party elites it’ll hurt Biden a lot.

From what I’ve gathered a lot of Clinton people have gone to work on the Harris campaign so I’d imagine she gets a lot of support from them. 

9 Nines   

radical political pragmatism

https://www.texastribune.org/2019/03/23/beto-orourke-south-carolina-beating-trump/

CHARLESTON, S.C. – South Carolina may well have a reputation of fueling political grudges borne out of decades of dirty politics. But when former U.S. Rep. Beto O'Rourke traveled here on Friday and Saturday, the message from the locals could not have been more emphatic: They want to defeat Donald Trump in 2020, and they have no interest in sour grapes from also-rans.

"Come summer of 2020, we'll all be on the same team," said O'Rourke in his introductory remarks at a Saturday morning town hall, his voice hoarse from more than a week of nonstop campaigning. "We will all be behind the same candidate."

If beto poll numbers start looking good that Obama fundraiser won't be alone. A lot of the campaign talent will start to jump on board. There was talk early on a lot of the sharps were keeping their powder dry and not committing until they found out what Beto was gonna do. I think his delay probably cost him some of those folks, but behind the scenes most of the pros seem to think Beto is the one to back. 

OILERMAN   
31 minutes ago, Legaltitan said:

If beto poll numbers start looking good that Obama fundraiser won't be alone. A lot of the campaign talent will start to jump on board. There was talk early on a lot of the sharps were keeping their powder dry and not committing until they found out what Beto was gonna do. I think his delay probably cost him some of those folks, but behind the scenes most of the pros seem to think Beto is the one to back. 

I didn't discount he might be a flash in the pan but if things go right for him he could explode right to the front. 

The Republicans are def terrified of him 

Rolltide   
On 3/24/2019 at 9:30 AM, OILERMAN said:

I didn't discount he might be a flash in the pan but if things go right for him he could explode right to the front. 

The Republicans are def terrified of him 

Republicans are laughing at him.