Titans Re-Sign Tye Smith

tgo

Smith played solid at the end of the 17 season. I was really excited to see him in 18. Then he mysteriously goes on IR, looked like a nnumbers wink wink injury stay out  a year and develop more physically then we will put you back on the roster

looking forward to having him compete this season

his resigning = no chance we draft a CB this year

Well, I always thought the deal with Tye Smith’s value was being able to play CB or even FS in a pinch, as well as special teams.

I’m glad we re-signed him. It’s really good depth at different spots at once, and lends to the multiplicity of the back 7.

This is kind of a comfort signing for me, but call me crazy-full-of-crazies, I would not say no Robinson absolutely will not take a CB for any reason in this draft and account for some possible near future scewithout Butler or Ryan. And don’t get me wrong, I would definitely love for Logan Ryan to retire a Titan. As well, I would not mock a CB to us in pretty much any scenario of need.

BUT

Load that barrel full of cornerbacks if you want to, JR, I say.  If that’s the BPA by a mile and you’ve filled all....now let me slow this part down right here....and I mean ALL OF... the major holes, which then thusly have been pleasurably filled, via free agency and the draft, to wit....

Well, I figure that Big ‘Ol JRob JRobinson (sic) can please himself any damn way he want to at that point. And at which point that the organizational body, as a whole, is nurtured and fulfilled, then it is written that a General Manager may, at his sole discretion, may then focus himself on becoming a Specific Manager, with that specificity being fulfilling his own damn pleasure, at whichever time it makes sense to him and him alone to do so.

Wouldn’t all men agree? 

And then so it was ratified.