Jump to content
Legaltitan

OFFICIAL Biden thread, since it looks like he's getting in

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, Titans279 said:


I’m not saying he’s racist. I agree a Biden presidency would be better for everyone. 
 

No doubt he did not intend to be racist!

 

What he actually said is pretty racist though no matter what the people paid to get him elected say or not. 
 

I don’t think that making a forum post saying it was bad is making a huge deal about it. This is a discussion thread!
 

As I’ve said people should vote for Biden. Biden should still be better. 

 

Give me a fucking break. This victimization bullshit that the internet has spawned really needs to stop. What he said wasn't racist if you understand nuance and how conversation works. Too many lack basic comprehension skills thanks to Twitter, Facebook, and texting. I don't even like Biden and you are forcing me to defend him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Titans279 said:


I’m not saying he’s racist. I agree a Biden presidency would be better for everyone. 
 

No doubt he did not intend to be racist!

 

What he actually said is pretty racist though no matter what the people paid to get him elected say or not. 
 

I don’t think that making a forum post saying it was bad is making a huge deal about it. This is a discussion thread!
 

As I’ve said people should vote for Biden. Biden should still be better. 

 

That's fine, but people online (not just you - I see it all over) seem very anxious to attack him from every angle all the time, and it seems to be aiding and abetting Trump. No issue with you discussing the topic or sharing your thoughts, I just thought the "disgusting" line was a little over the top. If he was saying something *against* black people, then I would think "disgusting" would be appropriate, but I don't think that applies here. 

 

Biden gets a lot of shit on social media and online, so I gotta do my job as a Biden stan in fending off the attacks! I'm a front line warrior for the Blue Team (and Team America) afterall. 

 

Regardless, he stuck his foot in his mouth here and saying what he did was a mistake and not helpful, so I'll concede that. But I don't buy into this narrative that is going around amongst Trump supporters and some progressives online that Biden is a racist. 

 

I have a hard time seeing the comment itself as "racist," but I can see how it is racially insensitive for a white person to say, regardless of the actual point he was making. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, tgo said:

 

That's fine, but people online (not just you - I see it all over) seem very anxious to attack him from every angle all the time, and it seems to be aiding and abetting Trump. No issue with you discussing the topic or sharing your thoughts, I just thought the "disgusting" line was a little over the top. If he was saying something *against* black people, then I would think "disgusting" would be appropriate, but I don't think that applies here. 

 

Biden gets a lot of shit on social media and online, so I gotta do my job as a Biden stan in fending off the attacks! I'm a front line warrior for the Blue Team (and Team America) afterall. 

 

Regardless, he stuck his foot in his mouth here and saying what he did was a mistake and not helpful, so I'll concede that. But I don't buy into this narrative that is going around amongst Trump supporters and some progressives online that Biden is a racist. 

 

I have a hard time seeing the comment itself as "racist," but I can see how it is racially insensitive for a white person to say, regardless of the actual point he was making. 

 

You are backing down too far. Biden has a ton of cred with the African American community. What he said was not remotely out of bounce with black voters. Notice who is bitching about it? Woke white millenials which is par for the course 

Edited by oldschool

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fair enough. Like I said I don’t think he’s a racist and I think people should vote for him. 
 

It’s obviously completely ridiculous for Trump supporters to tell people to vote for Trump because of something offensive Biden said. There’s nothing Biden could say that Trump hasn’t already!

 

I do think It’s gross when right wingers say liberal Jews aren’t real Jews (like Trump said) and this is the same type of comment. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, oldschool said:

 

You are backing down too far. Biden has a ton of cred with the African American community. What he said was not remotely out of bounce with black voters. Notice who is bitching about it? Woke white millenials which is par for the course 


Not hard to find people who aren’t white who don’t like this kind of thinking. 
 

It’s a pretty small step to just say that this is bad lol. 
 

It has the benefit of being obviously true too!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Titans279 said:

Fair enough. Like I said I don’t think he’s a racist and I think people should vote for him. 
 

It’s obviously completely ridiculous for Trump supporters to tell people to vote for Trump because of something offensive Biden said. There’s nothing Biden could say that Trump hasn’t already!

 

I do think It’s gross when right wingers say liberal Jews aren’t real Jews (like Trump said) and this is the same type of comment. 

Categorically they’re the same type of comment, but when you delve into intent and background there is a wide chasm. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At the very least it’s in his, yours, and my own self interest for him to not be seen as making a racist comment. 
 

You can complain all you want about the dipshit woke kids but you should want these voters to show up. 
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Titans279 said:

At the very least it’s in his, yours, and my own self interest for him to not be seen as making a racist comment. 
 

You can complain all you want about the dipshit woke kids but you should want these voters to show up. 
 

 

 

Now do young black voters Biden vs. Trump. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Titans279 He has a problem with young voters in general, not just young black voters. But these voters don't vote reliably in any election, although it would be nice to have them on board. 

 

I think the best thing Biden can do is to avoid irking them as much as possible, but understand that he's not going to be able to do anything to "win them over." They generally oppose what he represents, which is systematic norms as a really old guy. 

 

I think Biden will be able to garner enough support from disaffected republicans, independents, and suburban women to offset losses with younger voters just staying home (as they almost always do). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, tgo said:

@Titans279 He has a problem with young voters in general, not just young black voters. But these voters don't vote reliably in any election, although it would be nice to have them on board. 

 

I think the best thing Biden can do is to avoid irking them as much as possible, but understand that he's not going to be able to do anything to "win them over." They generally oppose what he represents, which is systematic norms as a really old guy. 

 

I think Biden will be able to garner enough support from disaffected republicans, independents, and suburban women to offset losses with younger voters just staying home (as they almost always do). 


Biden won’t be Obama with young voters but I have to think his past comments have hurt him there.
 

Doing worse than Hillary doesn’t seem like it was always a given but maybe I’m out of touch with the youngest voters now! 
 

And yes for now his gains in other demos helps enough to offset the lower support with young voters. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s definitely in the Democratic Party’s long term interest to try to appeal to young voters though. 
 

If Biden wins, whoever’s the nominee in 2024 (even if it’s Biden) won’t be able to win with the anti-Trump coalition he’s putting together in 2020. I think this is pretty specific to running against Trump. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, oldschool said:

 

Give me a fucking break. This victimization bullshit that the internet has spawned really needs to stop. What he said wasn't racist if you understand nuance and how conversation works. Too many lack basic comprehension skills thanks to Twitter, Facebook, and texting. I don't even like Biden and you are forcing me to defend him. 

They go out of their way to interpret things in the worst possible context so that they can either further their agenda or act offended.  It's incredibly obnoxious.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

Categorically they’re the same type of comment, but when you delve into intent and background there is a wide chasm. 


Are they that different? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



Titans Report Footer Logo

Titans Report is a fan operated website for the Tennessee Titans. The site includes a message board, blog, podcast, organized fantasy games,and a mobile site. The podcast has had on many prominent members of the media covering the Titans. Some names include John McClain of the Houston Chronicle, Jim Wyatt of the Tennessee Titans official website, Paul Kuharsky of 104.5 The Zone, Phillip B. Wilson of the Indy Star, Jonathan Hutton of the Titans Radio Network, Sal Capaccio of the Buffalo Bills Radio Network, Scott Wright of Draft Countdown, and others.

Official Website

Kuharsky's Blog

ESPN NFL Nation

104.5 The Zone

102.5 The Game

TITANSLINKS

×
×
  • Create New...