Jump to content
Legaltitan

OFFICIAL Biden thread, since it looks like he's getting in

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, tgo said:

Twitter responses seem to be a mixed bag in terms of black people responding - some progressive black folks angered but a lot of them say they weren't voting for him anyway, and then a lot of black folks in agreement saying he's right. 

 

/shrug. Probably will blow over shortly. 

 

 

Honestly, I don't see anyone changing their mind about Trump at this point.  I could see a scenario where Biden loses enough support that he beats himself similar to what happened with Clinton and so Biden really needs to avoid these faux paux moments.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Biden isn't going to lose any support. 

 

The people bitching are people that don't like him anyway, as has been the case for over a year now. 

 

He stuck his foot in his mouth because he gets a little too comfortable about these kinds of things, everyone with a brain knows how committed he is to African American causes and how much black people trust him. Other than woke crunchy Bernie youngsters on Twitter anyway. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's kind of amusing because across social media platforms, every single time something like this comes up - it's always progressives and Trumpists saying the same shit about every single thing, it's almost like they're natural allies now and are on the same side. 

 

Very puzzling, I can hardly tell the difference between Trump supporters and Bernie Bros online when it comes to this shit lately - Tara Read, Hunter Biden, Bidenisracist, all that. 

 

I don't even think it has anything to do with policy for these progressives. I think it's more of a counter-culture, stick it to the man, always-be-woke thing. Which in many ways is very similar to the ethos of the Trump cult, it's like a "Burn Down the House" and defeat the "system" mindset. 

 

I actually don't think far left progressives even care whether Trump wins or not. 

Edited by tgo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, tgo said:

Biden isn't going to lose any support. 

 

The people bitching are people that don't like him anyway, as has been the case for over a year now. 

 

He stuck his foot in his mouth because he gets a little too comfortable about these kinds of things, everyone with a brain knows how committed he is to African American causes and how much black people trust him. Other than woke crunchy Bernie youngsters on Twitter anyway. 

There's more of these than you would probably like to admit though.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Justafan said:

There's more of these than you would probably like to admit though.  

 

Yes, but they aren't a reliable voting bloc and generally don't vote anyway. 

 

Biden isn't losing this election over gaffes - everyone already knows he sticks his foot in his mouth and it's baked into his support. Everyone's minds are already made up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, tgo said:

 

Yes, but they aren't a reliable voting bloc and generally don't vote anyway. 

 

Biden isn't losing this election over gaffes - everyone already knows he sticks his foot in his mouth and it's baked into his support. Everyone's minds are already made up. 

Biden needs African American voters and Bernie Bros voters to win (as well as other voter populations).  I thought we established this in 2016.  Trump doesn't have the support to beat Biden in a head to head but he certainly can win if enough vital voting blocks have lackluster enthusiasm on election day.  

 

I think it's a mistake to assume everyone has just made up their minds and are going to do what they are going to do regardless of what people say or do.  I would caution against hubris and advise that he be more strategic instead is all I'm really saying here.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man, you guys can’t even admit that it’s bad when he says something blatantly racist. 
 

I’m not even saying “don’t vote Biden.” Just acknowledging racist statements are bad. 

Edited by Titans279

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Justafan said:

Biden needs African American voters and Bernie Bros voters to win (as well as other voter populations).  I thought we established this in 2016.  Trump doesn't have the support to beat Biden in a head to head but he certainly can win if enough vital voting blocks have lackluster enthusiasm on election day.  

 

I think it's a mistake to assume everyone has just made up their minds and are going to do what they are going to do regardless of what people say or do.  I would caution against hubris and advise that he be more strategic instead is all I'm really saying here.  

 

He has minority votes. It's why he won the nomination and why he'll win the general election. 

 

And yes, obviously he should avoid gaffes - but that's not going to happen, he's been that way his entire 40 year career. Luckily it doesn't matter considering the opponent. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Titans279 said:

Man, you guys can’t even admit that it’s bad when he says something blatantly racist. 

 

Have you found any other incriminating anti Biden stuff on the web today?

 

Get that nice RNC oppo research paycheck on payday today?

 

Racist - give me a fucking break. Trump is a racist. Shooting black people in cold blood is racist. Taking away African American voting rights is racist. These are the things that Biden has fought against. 

 

Go lecture Jamaal Brown, Symone Sanders, and all the black people defending Biden today about how racist it is. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, tgo said:

 

Have you found any other incriminating anti Biden stuff on the web today?

 

Get that nice RNC oppo research paycheck on payday today?

 

Racist - give me a fucking break. Trump is a racist. Shooting black people in cold blood is racist. Taking away African American voting rights is racist. These are the things that Biden has fought against. 

 

Go lecture Jamaal Brown, Symone Sanders, and all the black people defending Biden today about how racist it is. 


This is a ridiculous response. 
 

I don’t think Biden is a crazy racist.
 

What he said is definitely racist though. “You aren’t black if you do/don’t X“ is racist. 
 

Again you can’t admit any fault with Biden ever. 
 

People (especially old ones) say racist things sometimes. Sorry, it’s true. 
 

Anyone whose vote could theoretically matter has an obligation to vote for Biden imo. This isn’t about voter suppression.  
 

I just don’t want to become a Biden sycophant. He’s flawed, just like everyone, and it’s ok to say “hey man cool it with the racial litmus tests.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was a racist statement as it lumped in one category of people strictly because of their race. In the real world what he said was absolutely correct, but that doesn’t mean it was a proper or competent thing to say. 

Edited by IsntLifeFunny

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Titans279 said:

Man, you guys can’t even admit that it’s bad when he says something blatantly racist. 
 

I’m not even saying “don’t vote Biden.” Just acknowledging racist statements are bad. 

 

He shouldn't have said what he did, but I don't think it was racist or intended that way. He was basically just saying it'd be crazy to vote for Trump if you're black, but alas that isn't his place as a white person to phrase it that way. 

 

Symone Sanders summed it up pretty well here: 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Titans279 said:


This is a ridiculous response. 
 

I don’t think Biden is a crazy racist.
 

What he said is definitely racist though. “You aren’t black if you do/don’t X“ is racist. 
 

Again you can’t admit any fault with Biden ever. 
 

People (especially old ones) say racist things sometimes. Sorry, it’s true. 
 

Anyone whose vote could theoretically matter has an obligation to vote for Biden imo. This isn’t about voter suppression.  
 

I just don’t want to become a Biden sycophant. He’s flawed, just like everyone, and it’s ok to say “hey man cool it with the racial litmus tests.”

 

We're fighting a war for the survival of the United States as a democracy here imo, I don't have time to make huge deals about gaffes. 

 

It's not really about being a Biden sycophant, it's about not making the mistake of chasing the shiny objects this cycle, and it's about defeating Trump at all costs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, tgo said:

 

He shouldn't have said what he did, but I don't think it was racist or intended that way. He was basically just saying it'd be crazy to vote for Trump if you're black, but alas that isn't his place as a white person to phrase it that way. 

 

Symone Sanders summed it up pretty well here: 

 

 

 

 


I’m not saying he’s racist. I agree a Biden presidency would be better for everyone. 
 

No doubt he did not intend to be racist!

 

What he actually said is pretty racist though no matter what the people paid to get him elected say or not. 
 

I don’t think that making a forum post saying it was bad is making a huge deal about it. This is a discussion thread!
 

As I’ve said people should vote for Biden. Biden should still be better. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



Titans Report Footer Logo

Titans Report is a fan operated website for the Tennessee Titans. The site includes a message board, blog, podcast, organized fantasy games,and a mobile site. The podcast has had on many prominent members of the media covering the Titans. Some names include John McClain of the Houston Chronicle, Jim Wyatt of the Tennessee Titans official website, Paul Kuharsky of 104.5 The Zone, Phillip B. Wilson of the Indy Star, Jonathan Hutton of the Titans Radio Network, Sal Capaccio of the Buffalo Bills Radio Network, Scott Wright of Draft Countdown, and others.

Official Website

Kuharsky's Blog

ESPN NFL Nation

104.5 The Zone

102.5 The Game

TITANSLINKS

×
×
  • Create New...