OFFICIAL Biden thread, since it looks like he's getting in

Legaltitan

Former Vice President Joe Biden’s close relationship with Sen. Bernie Sanders and willingness to engage with progressives could spell a difference between the 2020 presidential race and former Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton’s failed 2016 bid, Sanders said in an interview in The New Yorker.

“I have a better relationship with Joe Biden than I had with Hillary Clinton, and ... Biden has been much more receptive to sitting down and talking with me and other progressives than we have seen in the past,” Sanders said in the interview, published Tuesday.

Ironically Joe Biden’s knack for reaching out and compromising with “the other side” could actually result in more progressive outcomes than from Barack Obama or a hypothetical Hillary Clinton administration. 

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/09/sanders-biden-more-receptive-to-progressives-than-past-democrats.html

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You would think he could express all of his shitty thoughts and responses in a more concise manner.

They also didn't have 3.5 years worth of the train wreck known as the Trump presidency staring them in the face in 2016.

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Titans279 said:

Ironically Joe Biden’s knack for reaching out and compromising with “the other side” could actually result in more progressive outcomes than from Barack Obama or a hypothetical Hillary Clinton administration. 

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/09/sanders-biden-more-receptive-to-progressives-than-past-democrats.html

I think you messed up and accidentally said a good thing about Biden there. Just trying to help you out 

2 hours ago, Pragidealist said:

I think you messed up and accidentally said a good thing about Biden there. Just trying to help you out 

I mean we‘ll see. Old school posted an article saying his outreach to progressives was all for show!

6 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

In the arc of history, it's their last stand to stop demographic change.  It's just a matter of time until it all caves in.  Arizona, Georgia and Texas are on the verge of flipping right now.  Romney is out there right now trying to position himself to pick up the pieces.

Trump's overt racism and the murder of George Floyd are also accelerating support for Black Lives matter and criminal justice reform.  So republicans and Trump are increasingly out of step with public opinion.

Over the last two weeks, support for Black Lives Matter increased by nearly as much as it had over the previous two years, according to data from Civiqs, an online survey research firm. By a 28-point margin, Civiqs finds that a majority of Americans support the movement, up from a 17-point margin before the most recent wave of protests began.

A Monmouth University poll found that 76 percent of Americans consider racism and discrimination a “big problem,” up 26 points from 2015. The poll found that 57 percent of voters thought the anger behind the demonstrations was fully justified, while a further 21 percent called it somewhat justified.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/06/10/upshot/black-lives-matter-attitudes.html

Edited by ctm

46 minutes ago, tgo said:

Trump's disapproval rate is in the 55-57% range, depending on the poll.  The breakdown is something like 48% of those strongly disapprove and 7-8% who somewhat disapprove.  Unlike 2016 where HRC never reached 50% in the polling, Biden is at 50% with another 7% or so who disapprove of Trump and ripe for the picking.

In 2016, all Trump had to do was persuade the undecided or 3rd party voters to move to him.  In 2020, he's got to persuade voters who already disapprove of him to vote for him.

Biden needs to run positive ads touting his role in the 2009 economic recovery to lock in those who already disapprove of Trump.