Legaltitan

OFFICIAL Biden thread, since it looks like he's getting in

1 minute ago, oldschool said:

No it doesn't because the fact he doesn't excite voters is irrelevant.  Who cares why voters flock to the polls as long as they do so? Thats the whole problem with the Bernie movement.

Agreed.  then why would anyone attribute it to Biden's greatness, 30 point wins, better than Obama/Clinton.  Lissten up elites!!  LOFL

1 minute ago, begooode said:

dude, you keep peddling disingenuous bullshit through omission.  Yes the moderates would have dropped out.,... later.  After Bernie's lead would have made him the #1 guy.  The best Biden could have hoped for was a messy contested convention.  Just go back and read your posts.  Now you're downplaying it, bigging up Biden and preaching to the coastal elites.  LOLame

He would have won in a contested convention too given his overwhelming support from super delegates if Bernie didn't secure an outright majority which is a near impossibility for him. 

And I don't need to "big up" Biden - 

He's the Democratic nominee, won the nomination over 30 other candidates, is the leader of the Democratic Party, and will be the next president after defeating Trump. It's others, including you, who are going out of your way to piss on Biden as you have from the very beginning, despite this reality and despite his victory over the field. 

10 minutes ago, begooode said:

dude, you keep peddling disingenuous bullshit through omission.  Yes the moderates would have dropped out.,... later.  After Bernie's lead would have made him the #1 guy.  The best Biden could have hoped for was a messy contested convention.  Just go back and read your posts.  Now you're downplaying it, bigging up Biden and preaching to the coastal elites.  LOLame

Also - they didn't drop out later. They dropped out when they did because Biden destroyed everyone in South Carolina and eliminated all the other candidates' pathways to victory - end of story. 

Which was the likely outcome from the beginning because no one had a chance to undo Biden's longstanding hold on the state which includes his well known close friendships with Jim Clyburn and other politicians and activist groups in the state. 

Edited by tgo

7 minutes ago, begooode said:

Agreed.  then why would anyone attribute it to Biden's greatness, 30 point wins, better than Obama/Clinton.  Listen up elites!!  LOFL

well @tgo is the only real Biden fan I now of so not sure why you are harping on this.

3 minutes ago, WVTITAN said:

I would bet everything that some wish they would have stayed in longer so Cuomo could join the race and take a contested convention.

Count me in that group, and I like Biden more than most around here. 

13 minutes ago, WVTITAN said:

I would bet everything that some wish they would have stayed in longer so Cuomo could join the race and take a contested convention.

Biden was close friends with Mario Cuomo and was a mentor to Andrew Cuomo and Chris Cuomo and was there for them when their dad died. He was something of a godfather to the Cuomo boys while they were growing up, the families were close. Andrew probably wouldn't run against Biden unless he had already failed and dropped out. 

(Andrew Cuomo is one of Biden's key fundraising chairs and was one of the first people to start big time fundraising for him last summer). They actually talk regularly and Cuomo serves as a key advisor as well. 

But I bet Cuomo could be selected as Kamala Harris' running mate (if she were to be selected as VP) in 2024 or thereafter. 

Edited by tgo

33 minutes ago, tgo said:

1) And I don't need to "big up" Biden - 

2) He's the Democratic nominee, won the nomination over 30 other candidates, is the leader of the Democratic Party, and will be the next president after defeating Trump. It's others, including you, who are going out of your way to piss on Biden as you have from the very beginning, despite this reality and despite his victory over the field. 

1) But I did!  Suck it loserz

2) Rich coming from the cheerleader who crapped on everyone not named Biden. Again, Biden's not above criticism, emo. And I'm not pissing on the guy, but don't revise your own history to hold him out as suddenly awesomesauce! when dude was hanging by a thread.  LOFL

1 minute ago, begooode said:

1) But I did!  Suck it loserz

2) Rich coming from the cheerleader who crapped on everyone not named Biden. Again, Biden's not above criticism, emo. And I'm not pissing on the guy, but don't revise your own history to hold him out as suddenly awesomesauce! when dude was hanging by a thread.  LOFL

who pissed in your cheerios this morning? jfc you are on a tear.

18 minutes ago, WVTITAN said:

With everything happening now, there’s no way a governor could abandon their state and juMp into the race though.

But I think Cuomo could be a 2024 favorite after all of this.

Cuomo is 62 so if Biden wins he likely doesn't primary Biden or the VP in 2024. That puts his next chance to run as 2028 when he's 70. I'd vote for Cuomo tomorro based what I've seen from him.

Cuomo is 62 so if Biden wins he likely doesn't primary Biden or the VP in 2024. That puts his next chance to run as 2028 when he's 70. I'd vote for Cuomo tomorro based what I've seen from him.

Biden isn’t going to run for a 2nd term, IMO

Just now, Starkiller said:

Biden isn’t going to run for a 2nd term, IMO

I agree which means the VP will be the presumptive nominee.

TR needs MOAR asshole!  Let 'er rip! :P  

On the Cuomo scene.  What are the odds of this scenario... say the shit drags on longer than expected and Cuomo eventually is hailed as a hero for fighting the good fight and saving many NY lives, or whatever.  Is there a chance Biden picks him for VP, instead of a female?  Look out!

I agree which means the VP will be the presumptive nominee.

Maybe. But we don’t know who the VP will be or how popular they will be in 4 years. And if you are Cuomo and are highly regarded, you still challenge that VP for the nomination because you may never get another shot.