Legaltitan

OFFICIAL Biden thread, since it looks like he's getting in

On 10/15/2019 at 7:57 AM, begooode said:

Trumpers are all about accusations -- never apologize.  They will see this as a capitulation.

As if any of his supporters understood what the word capitulation even means.

“It’s fascinating that the person who has a plan for everything has no plan for the single most consequential issue in this election in the minds of the American people across the board,” Mr. Biden said, addressing reporters on a cold, gray afternoon outside a union electrical trade center.“

“And, you know, credibility matters. It matters. And the question that I think that Senator Warren is going to have to face, she’s going to have to tell the truth or the question will be raised about whether or not she’s going to be candid and honest with the American people,” he said.

“The last thing the Democrats should be doing is playing Trump’s game, trying to con the American people to think this is easy,” Mr. Biden said.

“I quite frankly was surprised,” he said. “I have never heard anyone say, with any serious background in foreign policy, that we pull all troops out of the Middle East.”

Edited by tgo

2 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

It’s pretty clear to everyone now that Warren is the front runner. No one bothered attacking Biden, only Warren.

Yeah, the debate made it clear that frontrunner status has shifted to Warren. 

Just now, Starkiller said:

You mean the MPAA lobbyist?

Yeah, one of those evil lobbyists. 

I'm hoping for Tom Daschle and Joe Leibermann to get on board next! Gotta have some healthcare lobby and Jewish lobby in the mix too. 

Btw, this whole "ban lobbyists and ban former members of congress from lobbying" thing is pretty dumb. Their influence should be restricted and limited for sure as it is too powerful now, but I think all parties deserve a seat at the policy table, not just unions and individual citizens. 

7 minutes ago, tgo said:

Yeah, one of those evil lobbyists. 

I'm hoping for Tom Daschle and Joe Leibermann to get on board next! Gotta have some healthcare lobby and Jewish lobby in the mix too. 

Btw, this whole "ban lobbyists and ban former members of congress from lobbying" thing is pretty dumb. Their influence should be restricted and limited for sure as it is too powerful now, but I think all parties deserve a seat at the policy table, not just unions and individual citizens. 

because corporate influence over DC has been such a positive asset for this country...

Just now, Starkiller said:

because corporate influence over DC has been such a positive asset for this country...

Do you work for a company or are you self/government employed or something?

You seem to really dislike corporations/business, so I'm assuming that you don't make a living from a company that pays you based on the earnings they generate by engaging in commerce in our wonderful capitalist country. 

A lot of Biden’s trajectory in the press continues to be unflattering:

Joe Biden’s presidential campaign is hitting major bumps at a critical moment in the 2020 campaign. A little more than three months before the Iowa caucuses, the former vice president is widely seen as having lost his front-runner position to Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.). He’s an underdog in Iowa, is coming off another forgettable debate performance and has just $9 million in cash on hand. On Friday, the Biden campaign sent an email to its supporters fundraising off the fact that he's behind his opponents in cash. 

"I hate to say it, but our opponents are way ahead of us when it comes to money in the bank," the Biden email says. "And on top of that, some of our opponents have boasted raising big bucks since Tuesday night's debate. That could give them a huge leg up going into the next phase of this race. If we don't pick up the pace here, we might have to make budget cuts that could seriously hurt our momentum in this primary,".....

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/466515-biden-struggles-to-reverse-fall

14 minutes ago, tgo said:

Do you work for a company or are you self/government employed or something?

You seem to really dislike corporations/business, so I'm assuming that you don't make a living from a company that pays you based on the earnings they generate by engaging in commerce in our wonderful capitalist country. 

I do dislike corporate entities and their influence over the government.

And I do work for myself, but I used to work for a corporation. I have no problem with corporations existing or making money. I do have a problem with them buying our government. If we eliminated all the lobbyists I can guarantee you that Disney and Apple and Boeing and any other profitable corporation would continue to be profitable.