Legaltitan

OFFICIAL Biden thread, since it looks like he's getting in

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, tgo said:

Let’s string the bastards up and take their money! 

No. Typical of someone like you to jump straight to that.

 

They don't need tax cuts. Nor should they be allowed to get away with avoiding taxes they should owe.  

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, tgo said:

They’re similar in both policy and rhetoric. The only difference is the Warren is politically cognizant enough to say she’s a capitalist. 

 

47 minutes ago, tgo said:

Let’s string the bastards up and take their money! 

Wow.  You are like the Biden of posting too.

 

”I fully agree with these very popular progressive critiques on our society and something needs to be done”

 

*policy is being discussed to curb these issues and help the average person*

 

”woah, woah woah, lets not get all Robespierre, class warfare, [insert softened republican talking point].  Let’s completely gloss over this and....as Americans we need to come together.  You know for eight years I had the pleasure to serve as....”

 

Except for a few more gaffes and the talk in first person, Biden and you hyping him up are identical.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tgo said:

Let’s string the bastards up and take their money! 

You mean make them pay a fair share and not just give them massive tax cuts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WG53 said:

No. Typical of someone like you to jump straight to that.

 

They don't need tax cuts. Nor should they be allowed to get away with avoiding taxes they should owe.  

 

 

No shit. Of course they need to pay more in taxes, corporations too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

You mean make them pay a fair share and not just give them massive tax cuts?

Yeah bc that’s what I’m saying. I mean give me a break. 

 

How many times have I repeated around here that they should pay more in taxes? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, tgo said:

Yeah bc that’s what I’m saying. I mean give me a break. 

 

How many times have I repeated around here that they should pay more in taxes? 

Like someone is saying string them up and take their money 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Dollop said:

 

Wow.  You are like the Biden of posting too.

 

”I fully agree with these very popular progressive critiques on our society and something needs to be done”

 

*policy is being discussed to curb these issues and help the average person*

 

”woah, woah woah, lets not get all Robespierre, class warfare, [insert softened republican talking point].  Let’s completely gloss over this and....as Americans we need to come together.  You know for eight years I had the pleasure to serve as....”

 

Except for a few more gaffes and the talk in first person, Biden and you hyping him up are identical.

What a bunch of malarkey! 

 

I mean, c’mon man!

Edited by tgo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, tgo said:

No shit. Of course they need to pay more in taxes, corporations too. 

The rich and corporations are synonymous. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, tgo said:

What a bunch of malarkey! 

 

I mean, c’mon man!

I mean when you have ridiculous posts about the French Revolution and “stringing up the rich” while admitting that you agree that the issues that a Sanders or a Warren aren’t shy to express then I don’t know what to say.

 

you think they go to far?  Ok, fine.  You’re a Biden fan.  You don’t have to go extreme hyperbole, especially for Warren.  It’s not warranted or conducive to and intelligent conversation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dollop said:

I mean when you have ridiculous posts about the French Revolution and “stringing up the rich” while admitting that you agree that the issues that a Sanders or a Warren aren’t shy to express then I don’t know what to say.

 

you think they go to far?  Ok, fine.  You’re a Biden fan.  You don’t have to go extreme hyperbole, especially for Warren.  It’s not warranted or conducive to and intelligent conversation.

You missed the joke chief, but yes I do think they go too far. 

 

And yes, hyperbole is warranted when trying to make a point in conversation from time to time. 

 

Messaging is more important in politics than policy, when trying to win an election particularly.

 

And again, some people seem to be more interested in ideological purity and winning an argument than winning an election. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, tgo said:

Yes you can, people like Biden and Bullock and Bennett and Klobuchar do it every day. Who cares about what Republicans say? What matters is what’s true or not true. 

 

And no I don’t think that obviously, but I don’t think we need to have the pitch forks and torches out hunting for the Aristocrats French Revolution-style either. 

I’m not sure exactly what pitchforks and torches you are talking about. Warren says the rich should pay more in taxes, just like all the other Democrats running. 

 

Specifically what else is she threatening them with? Has she threatened to drag them from their mansions and have them beaten? Has she announced some new plan to auction them into slavery? Is she going to send them back to the country they came from?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

I’m not sure exactly what pitchforks and torches you are talking about. Warren says the rich should pay more in taxes, just like all the other Democrats running. 

 

Specifically what else is she threatening them with? Has she threatened to drag them from their mansions and have them beaten? Has she announced some new plan to auction them into slavery? Is she going to send them back to the country they came from?

Hah. 

 

You know very well that her constant droning on about the wealthy is pervasive to every aspect of her message and campaign, as if it’s the root cause of every ailment America faces - it’s why you support her message after all. 

 

And to answer your question - she’s said that corporate executives should be jailed at every turn, from bankers to insurance executives to pharmaceutical executives. Maybe they’d actually prefer to be “drug from their mansions and beaten.”

 

She’s talked about breaking up banks, tech companies, etc. 

 

She’s militantly anti business. 

 

Edited by tgo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, tgo said:

You missed the joke chief, but yes I do think they go too far. 

 

And yes, hyperbole is warranted when trying to make a point in conversation from time to time. 

 

Messaging is more important in politics than policy, when trying to win an election particularly.

 

And again, some people seem to be more interested in ideological purity and winning an argument than winning an election. 

If hyperbole is warranted then stop getting offended when people call Biden senile for misspeaking every few minutes, chief.

 

I think we have more than enough data to say that simply supporting someone based on a very flimsy idea of electability is a fools hardy.  Most of this country doesn’t even vote, and the ones that are on the fence about it only come out when something resonates.

 

I’ve said before and I’ll say it again, I’ll drop any pretense of “ideological purity” when/if Biden wins the nomination.  I’ll probably do volunteer work too.  This is the time for debates about policy and ideology.  I’m sorry if it makes you mad that Biden doesn’t like to talk in these terms.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, tgo said:

Hah. 

 

You know very well that her constant droning on about the wealthy is pervasive to every aspect of her message and campaign, as if it’s the root cause of every ailment America faces - it’s why you support her message after all. 

Again, this is a central point of her populist campaign. No one is arguing otherwise. And yes, financial inequality is the root cause of a lot of what ails America today just as it was during the 1st Gilded Age.

 

But she is calling for taxation on the wealthy, not executions...

 

 

3 minutes ago, tgo said:

And to answer your question - she’s threatened to have corporate executives jailed at every turn, from bankers to insurance executives to pharmaceutical executives. Maybe they’d actually prefer to be “drug from their mansions and beaten.”

You don't think corporate execs who break laws should be jailed?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.