OFFICIAL Biden thread, since it looks like he's getting in

Legaltitan

6 minutes ago, LongTimeFan said:

I am a center right independent. Never registered for either party, never put a sign in my yard, never donated even one cent to any campaign. But being center right in this climate I guess makes me a conservative seeing how far the left has lurched.

I am not trying to pose any gotcha questions.  I am offering questions to make you think about your stances. 60 million bad Americans? Sorry, that is crazy talk.

We have agreed on many points in this back and forth. You tried to label me as hating people who came over the border illegally.  I dont. I would assume 99+% are damn good people. Are they criminals, technically yes. Should they be shipped out. I would say no with a few stipulations. 

1. They need to document themselves.

2. We set a limit on the number of immigrants we allow into the country. A solid number. If that number happens after 3 months, so be it, no more.

3. The immigrant is not eligible for ANY government assistance. 

4. Any immigrant that commits a violent crime gets them and their family removed, starting now. So they and their family know the rules.

There are more, but you get the idea. 

I disagree with some of your stances here, but I don't think it's entirely unreasonable in the sense that people are kind of pushing back against globalization and mass immigration around the world and its just a natural human instinct because of how quickly things are changing. There are highly respect intellectuals out there that would agree with some of what you're saying here. 

I agree that there is merit to the idea of strong border security, and for immigrants that migrate here to assimilate. But sometimes this assimilation process takes a generation or two. I just wouldn't put restrictions on legal immigration in terms of numbers. And I think they should have access to some government benefits, just not all of them until citizenship is achieved. 

I wasn't attempting to label you personally, just you as part of the Trump movement in general - no offense intended. 

Maybe 60 million"bad Americans"  is too high, but 30-40 million certainly is not. 

Edited by tgo

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You would think he could express all of his shitty thoughts and responses in a more concise manner.

They also didn't have 3.5 years worth of the train wreck known as the Trump presidency staring them in the face in 2016.

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, tgo said:

I'm not going to do this never-ending question thing, it's ridiculous. Racists are generally bad people, but I will grant that there are ignorant/uneducated people out there that are just highly misguided and don't know any better. I would say those people in the second category should be felt-sorry-for and should be educated on the subject while the others should be challenged/opposed by all available peaceful means. 

See I agree here. But @StephenIsLegendlabeled his own father as racist.

7 minutes ago, tgo said:

Probably most (70%?) Trump supporters are subconsciously racist, but only a large minority (40%?) are outright racist. That's just a guess without any data to back it up, just my personal observation. 

This is just your plain hatred for opposing views. Sad viewpoint really.

7 minutes ago, tgo said:

I'll be generous and say that less than half of hardocre Trump supporters are bad people. The rest of them just don't understand American ideals, or the Constitution, or Christianity and need to be helped along and educated. 

Can you give me an example of an American ideal that Trump supporters dont understand?

7 minutes ago, tgo said:

Trump is very clearly a bad person and selfish power-hungry racist, fascist, narcissist who is unAmerican and cares about no one but himself. He engages daily in lies and subterfuge to undermine American democracy. So I'm really puzzled at how he has such a large portion of cultists in this country. 

Again, just hatred.

7 minutes ago, tgo said:

The Trump phenomenon is an entirely different animal than generalizing Republicans at large or supporters of Bush/Reagan/Romney/McCian, etc. 

At this point, you're either for the Constitution and American ideals or you're against it. I am very much heartened by so, so many good Republicans and Independents putting partisanship aside and coming together to save the country though. 

What makes someone a 'good' Republican or independent?

3 minutes ago, tgo said:

I disagree with some of your stances here, but I don't think it's entirely unreasonable in the sense that people are kind of pushing back against globalization and mass immigration around the world and its just a natural human instinct because of how quickly things are changing. There are highly respect intellectuals out there that would agree with some of what you're saying here. 

I agree that there is merit to the idea of strong border security, and for immigrants that migrate here to assimilate. But sometimes this assimilation process takes a generation or two. I just wouldn't put restrictions on legal immigration in terms of numbers. And I think they should have access to some government benefits, just not all of them until citizenship is achieved. 

I wasn't attempting to label you personally, just you as part of the Trump movement in general - no offense intended. 

Maybe 60 million"bad Americans"  is too high, but 30-40 million certainly is not. 

See, we can agree on some things. I still think the 'very bad Americans' is closer to 1%, which is still over 3 million people. Maybe I'm just an optimist! ?

14 minutes ago, LongTimeFan said:

See I agree here. But @StephenIsLegendlabeled his own father as racist.

This is just your plain hatred for opposing views. Sad viewpoint really.

Can you give me an example of an American ideal that Trump supporters dont understand?

Again, just hatred.

What makes someone a 'good' Republican or independent?

Hatred? I'm a moderate and do not "hate" opposing viewpoints. I just oppose viewpoints that are distinctly unAmerican. My first presidential vote was for Mitt Romney after all. 

And I meant  "good" Republicans and Independents as in patriotic people who are willing to put down party loyalty and loyalty to an individual to rally to the cause of saving America from someone who has fascist tendencies, someone who divides Americans to achieve political power, someone who is totally lawless and works with our enemies against our own people. He's more tribal warlord than President when you think about it. He's thoroughly corrupt and has pissed all over our traditions and norms as a people and has brought our democracy/government to the brink of collapse. His only concern is loyalty to him as a person and he fires anyone who challenges him on any subject. He has unmarked secret police in the streets of the Capital doing his bidding - does that not seem scary as hell to you, even as someone who opposes rioting/looting as the majority of us do? 

We are on the descent into autocracy and I don't understand how you can't see it. As a good citizen, how could I not "hate" these things when I love the Constitution and the country and the ideals its founded on?

I have so much respect for Republican presidents like Eisenhower, George HW Bush, and even in some respects Reagan although I oppose a lot of his political policies. I even appreciate George W Bush more now despite his failures on policy and war, at least he was a good American and had compassion for others. 

Edited by tgo

1 hour ago, tgo said:

Hatred? I'm a moderate and do not "hate" opposing viewpoints. I just oppose viewpoints that are distinctly unAmerican. My first presidential vote was for Mitt Romney after all. 

And I meant  "good" Republicans and Independents as in patriotic people who are willing to put down party loyalty and loyalty to an individual to rally to the cause of saving America from someone who has fascist tendencies, someone who divides Americans to achieve political power, someone who is totally lawless and works with our enemies against our own people. He's more tribal warlord than President when you think about it. He's thoroughly corrupt and has pissed all over our traditions and norms as a people and has brought our democracy/government to the brink of collapse. His only concern is loyalty to him as a person and he fires anyone who challenges him on any subject. He has unmarked secret police in the streets of the Capital doing his bidding - does that not seem scary as hell to you, even as someone who opposes rioting/looting as the majority of us do? 

We are on the descent into autocracy and I don't understand how you can't see it. As a good citizen, how could I not "hate" these things when I love the Constitution and the country and the ideals its founded on?

I have so much respect for Republican presidents like Eisenhower, George HW Bush, and even in some respects Reagan although I oppose a lot of his political policies. I even appreciate George W Bush more now despite his failures on policy and war, at least he was a good American and had compassion for others. 

Alot to unpack there and I dont feel like debating all day. 

Why did you not include Democrats willing to put party aside?

Which enemy has Trump worked with against his own people?

Unmarked secret police?

11 minutes ago, Titans279 said:

Trump and his supporters routinely say or imply that all Democrats are evil so excuse me for not being upset that Biden said 10-15% are not good lol

Then they will chide you for being offended by their lack of PC, while beating their chest muttering how much more ‘Murcia they are than you. Pearl clutching libtard!   “Wait, Joe Biden said what!”