OFFICIAL Biden thread, since it looks like he's getting in

Legaltitan

2 minutes ago, oldschool said:

You are backing down too far. Biden has a ton of cred with the African American community. What he said was not remotely out of bounce with black voters. Notice who is bitching about it? Woke white millenials which is par for the course 

Not hard to find people who aren’t white who don’t like this kind of thinking. 

It’s a pretty small step to just say that this is bad lol. 

It has the benefit of being obviously true too!

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You would think he could express all of his shitty thoughts and responses in a more concise manner.

They also didn't have 3.5 years worth of the train wreck known as the Trump presidency staring them in the face in 2016.

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Titans279 said:

Fair enough. Like I said I don’t think he’s a racist and I think people should vote for him. 

It’s obviously completely ridiculous for Trump supporters to tell people to vote for Trump because of something offensive Biden said. There’s nothing Biden could say that Trump hasn’t already!

I do think It’s gross when right wingers say liberal Jews aren’t real Jews (like Trump said) and this is the same type of comment. 

Categorically they’re the same type of comment, but when you delve into intent and background there is a wide chasm. 

At the very least it’s in his, yours, and my own self interest for him to not be seen as making a racist comment. 

You can complain all you want about the dipshit woke kids but you should want these voters to show up. 

6 minutes ago, Titans279 said:

At the very least it’s in his, yours, and my own self interest for him to not be seen as making a racist comment. 

You can complain all you want about the dipshit woke kids but you should want these voters to show up. 

Now do young black voters Biden vs. Trump. 

@Titans279 He has a problem with young voters in general, not just young black voters. But these voters don't vote reliably in any election, although it would be nice to have them on board. 

I think the best thing Biden can do is to avoid irking them as much as possible, but understand that he's not going to be able to do anything to "win them over." They generally oppose what he represents, which is systematic norms as a really old guy. 

I think Biden will be able to garner enough support from disaffected republicans, independents, and suburban women to offset losses with younger voters just staying home (as they almost always do). 

9 minutes ago, tgo said:

@Titans279 He has a problem with young voters in general, not just young black voters. But these voters don't vote reliably in any election, although it would be nice to have them on board. 

I think the best thing Biden can do is to avoid irking them as much as possible, but understand that he's not going to be able to do anything to "win them over." They generally oppose what he represents, which is systematic norms as a really old guy. 

I think Biden will be able to garner enough support from disaffected republicans, independents, and suburban women to offset losses with younger voters just staying home (as they almost always do). 

Biden won’t be Obama with young voters but I have to think his past comments have hurt him there.

Doing worse than Hillary doesn’t seem like it was always a given but maybe I’m out of touch with the youngest voters now! 

And yes for now his gains in other demos helps enough to offset the lower support with young voters. 

It’s definitely in the Democratic Party’s long term interest to try to appeal to young voters though. 

If Biden wins, whoever’s the nominee in 2024 (even if it’s Biden) won’t be able to win with the anti-Trump coalition he’s putting together in 2020. I think this is pretty specific to running against Trump. 

53 minutes ago, oldschool said:

Give me a fucking break. This victimization bullshit that the internet has spawned really needs to stop. What he said wasn't racist if you understand nuance and how conversation works. Too many lack basic comprehension skills thanks to Twitter, Facebook, and texting. I don't even like Biden and you are forcing me to defend him. 

They go out of their way to interpret things in the worst possible context so that they can either further their agenda or act offended.  It's incredibly obnoxious.  

The post reporter writing this is black btw - 

"After the staffer’s second try, Charlamagne said, “You can’t do that to black media.” He said it leaning into the camera as Biden said, “I gotta do that to white media and black media because my wife has to go on at 6 o’clock.” Glancing at his watch, Biden said, “Uh oh! I’m in trouble.” Charlamagne laughs and asks that Biden come see the Breakfast Club crew in New York because November is a long way off and they have a lot more questions. “You got more questions, but I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you’re for me or Trump, then you ain’t black,” Biden said with a smile on his face.

When heard in the context of the previous 17 minutes and 21 seconds, you know that Biden is joking around. Perhaps he got a little too comfortable talking to a community with which he has a strong relationship that spans decades. Add to that being the vice president to the nation’s first black president and you know his affinity with black folks runs deep."

Also, only the willfully obtuse could not see that Biden was nodding at the belief among an overwhelming majority of African Americans that President Trump and his policies are detrimental to the health, safety and well-being of the black community. Saying someone “you ain’t black” in this context is the equivalent of questioning my blackness back in March because I hadn’t seen the 1990 movie “House Party.” It’s more of an exasperated “Where’ve you been?!” as opposed to “You’ve been voted off the island.”

Edited by tgo

2 minutes ago, Titans279 said:

Are they that different? 

No, because both come from an old wealthy white man. I don’t really know to be honest. Race is a weird thing when it comes to discussion. If Biden was Buttigieg would it have been less or more racist? If Trump wasn’t a retard would it have been less or more racist? It’s an interesting thing to note and ponder. As for how they’re categorized I would say they’re equally tone deaf and categorically racist.

As for intent, yes they’re vastly different. I base that on my beliefs of the two men and their respective Ethos. Biden’s internal reasoning for saying that, regardless of outcome or how it is compared, is a lot different than Trump’s. 

3 hours ago, Titans279 said:

I’m sure because this won’t really hurt Biden much people will say it doesn’t matter, but what a disgusting unforced error. 

The quotes following that tweet are pretty alabaster

The common thread with Biden is that he seems to be a stubborn old man who doesn’t realize that he gets overly familiar with people. 

Seems similar to the weird touching of women and children that made them uncomfortable. It doesn’t seem sexual but I think at the least it made people uncomfortable. 

I don’t think he’s a racist or a molester. Lol

But he seems to get overly familiar people and overstep boundaries. It doesn’t seem to be enough to cost him votes right now but it seems obvious that it’s at least not ideal. 

Even the polling suggested more people believed the Reade story than disbelieved it but that it wouldn’t effect their votes. That should be crazy!

This is a special moment in time where people are making exceptions for things that normally would make people want someone else. 

Edited by Titans279

1 minute ago, Titans279 said:

The common thread with Biden is that he seems to be a stubborn old man who doesn’t realize that he gets overly familiar with people. 

Seems similar to the weird touching of women and children that made them uncomfortable. It doesn’t seem sexual but I think at the least it made people uncomfortable. 

I don’t think he’s a racist or a molester. Lol

But he seems to get overly familiar people and overstep boundaries. It doesn’t seem to be enough to cost him votes right now but it seems obvious that it’s at least not ideal. 

Even the polling suggested more people believed the Reade story than disbelieved it but that it wouldn’t effect their votes.

This is a special moment in time where people are making exceptions for things that normally would make people want someone else. 

This is definitely true. Good take. 

Im hoping unlike his apology to the ladies, which was necessary, that he just takes the L internally on this one. I appreciate the fact he is willing to see a flaw and change. If he he apologizes to black people for the statement it’s going to create a shitstorm ?