OFFICIAL Biden thread, since it looks like he's getting in

Legaltitan

7 minutes ago, tgo said:

Yes, but they aren't a reliable voting bloc and generally don't vote anyway. 

Biden isn't losing this election over gaffes - everyone already knows he sticks his foot in his mouth and it's baked into his support. Everyone's minds are already made up. 

Biden needs African American voters and Bernie Bros voters to win (as well as other voter populations).  I thought we established this in 2016.  Trump doesn't have the support to beat Biden in a head to head but he certainly can win if enough vital voting blocks have lackluster enthusiasm on election day.  

I think it's a mistake to assume everyone has just made up their minds and are going to do what they are going to do regardless of what people say or do.  I would caution against hubris and advise that he be more strategic instead is all I'm really saying here.  

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You would think he could express all of his shitty thoughts and responses in a more concise manner.

They also didn't have 3.5 years worth of the train wreck known as the Trump presidency staring them in the face in 2016.

Posted Images

Man, you guys can’t even admit that it’s bad when he says something blatantly racist. 

I’m not even saying “don’t vote Biden.” Just acknowledging racist statements are bad. 

Edited by Titans279

5 minutes ago, Justafan said:

Biden needs African American voters and Bernie Bros voters to win (as well as other voter populations).  I thought we established this in 2016.  Trump doesn't have the support to beat Biden in a head to head but he certainly can win if enough vital voting blocks have lackluster enthusiasm on election day.  

I think it's a mistake to assume everyone has just made up their minds and are going to do what they are going to do regardless of what people say or do.  I would caution against hubris and advise that he be more strategic instead is all I'm really saying here.  

He has minority votes. It's why he won the nomination and why he'll win the general election. 

And yes, obviously he should avoid gaffes - but that's not going to happen, he's been that way his entire 40 year career. Luckily it doesn't matter considering the opponent. 

Just now, Titans279 said:

Man, you guys can’t even admit that it’s bad when he says something blatantly racist. 

Have you found any other incriminating anti Biden stuff on the web today?

Get that nice RNC oppo research paycheck on payday today?

Racist - give me a fucking break. Trump is a racist. Shooting black people in cold blood is racist. Taking away African American voting rights is racist. These are the things that Biden has fought against. 

Go lecture Jamaal Brown, Symone Sanders, and all the black people defending Biden today about how racist it is. 

Just now, tgo said:

Have you found any other incriminating anti Biden stuff on the web today?

Get that nice RNC oppo research paycheck on payday today?

Racist - give me a fucking break. Trump is a racist. Shooting black people in cold blood is racist. Taking away African American voting rights is racist. These are the things that Biden has fought against. 

Go lecture Jamaal Brown, Symone Sanders, and all the black people defending Biden today about how racist it is. 

This is a ridiculous response. 

I don’t think Biden is a crazy racist.

What he said is definitely racist though. “You aren’t black if you do/don’t X“ is racist. 

Again you can’t admit any fault with Biden ever. 

People (especially old ones) say racist things sometimes. Sorry, it’s true. 

Anyone whose vote could theoretically matter has an obligation to vote for Biden imo. This isn’t about voter suppression.  

I just don’t want to become a Biden sycophant. He’s flawed, just like everyone, and it’s ok to say “hey man cool it with the racial litmus tests.”

It was a racist statement as it lumped in one category of people strictly because of their race. In the real world what he said was absolutely correct, but that doesn’t mean it was a proper or competent thing to say. 

Edited by IsntLifeFunny

11 minutes ago, Titans279 said:

I’m not even saying “don’t vote Biden.” Just acknowledging racist statements are bad. 

He shouldn't have said what he did, but I don't think it was racist or intended that way. He was basically just saying it'd be crazy to vote for Trump if you're black, but alas that isn't his place as a white person to phrase it that way. 

Symone Sanders summed it up pretty well here: 

2 minutes ago, Titans279 said:

This is a ridiculous response. 

I don’t think Biden is a crazy racist.

What he said is definitely racist though. “You aren’t black if you do/don’t X“ is racist. 

Again you can’t admit any fault with Biden ever. 

People (especially old ones) say racist things sometimes. Sorry, it’s true. 

Anyone whose vote could theoretically matter has an obligation to vote for Biden imo. This isn’t about voter suppression.  

I just don’t want to become a Biden sycophant. He’s flawed, just like everyone, and it’s ok to say “hey man cool it with the racial litmus tests.”

We're fighting a war for the survival of the United States as a democracy here imo, I don't have time to make huge deals about gaffes. 

It's not really about being a Biden sycophant, it's about not making the mistake of chasing the shiny objects this cycle, and it's about defeating Trump at all costs. 

Just now, tgo said:

He shouldn't have said what he did, but I don't think it was racist or intended that way. He was basically just saying it'd be crazy to vote for Trump if you're black, but alas that isn't his place as a white person to phrase it that way. 

Symone Sanders summed it up pretty well here: 

I’m not saying he’s racist. I agree a Biden presidency would be better for everyone. 

No doubt he did not intend to be racist!

What he actually said is pretty racist though no matter what the people paid to get him elected say or not. 

I don’t think that making a forum post saying it was bad is making a huge deal about it. This is a discussion thread!

As I’ve said people should vote for Biden. Biden should still be better. 

6 minutes ago, Titans279 said:

I’m not saying he’s racist. I agree a Biden presidency would be better for everyone. 

What he actually said is pretty racist though no matter what the people paid to get him elected say or not. 

I don’t think that making a forum post saying it was bad is making a huge deal about it. This is a discussion thread!

Give me a fucking break. This victimization bullshit that the internet has spawned really needs to stop. What he said wasn't racist if you understand nuance and how conversation works. Too many lack basic comprehension skills thanks to Twitter, Facebook, and texting. I don't even like Biden and you are forcing me to defend him. 

2 minutes ago, Titans279 said:

That's fine, but people online (not just you - I see it all over) seem very anxious to attack him from every angle all the time, and it seems to be aiding and abetting Trump. No issue with you discussing the topic or sharing your thoughts, I just thought the "disgusting" line was a little over the top. If he was saying something *against* black people, then I would think "disgusting" would be appropriate, but I don't think that applies here. 

Biden gets a lot of shit on social media and online, so I gotta do my job as a Biden stan in fending off the attacks! I'm a front line warrior for the Blue Team (and Team America) afterall. 

Regardless, he stuck his foot in his mouth here and saying what he did was a mistake and not helpful, so I'll concede that. But I don't buy into this narrative that is going around amongst Trump supporters and some progressives online that Biden is a racist. 

I have a hard time seeing the comment itself as "racist," but I can see how it is racially insensitive for a white person to say, regardless of the actual point he was making. 

4 minutes ago, tgo said:

That's fine, but people online (not just you - I see it all over) seem very anxious to attack him from every angle all the time, and it seems to be aiding and abetting Trump. No issue with you discussing the topic or sharing your thoughts, I just thought the "disgusting" line was a little over the top. If he was saying something *against* black people, then I would think "disgusting" would be appropriate, but I don't think that applies here. 

Biden gets a lot of shit on social media and online, so I gotta do my job as a Biden stan in fending off the attacks! I'm a front line warrior for the Blue Team (and Team America) afterall. 

Regardless, he stuck his foot in his mouth here and saying what he did was a mistake and not helpful, so I'll concede that. But I don't buy into this narrative that is going around amongst Trump supporters and some progressives online that Biden is a racist. 

I have a hard time seeing the comment itself as "racist," but I can see how it is racially insensitive for a white person to say, regardless of the actual point he was making. 

You are backing down too far. Biden has a ton of cred with the African American community. What he said was not remotely out of bounce with black voters. Notice who is bitching about it? Woke white millenials which is par for the course 

Edited by oldschool

Fair enough. Like I said I don’t think he’s a racist and I think people should vote for him. 

It’s obviously completely ridiculous for Trump supporters to tell people to vote for Trump because of something offensive Biden said. There’s nothing Biden could say that Trump hasn’t already!

I do think It’s gross when right wingers say liberal Jews aren’t real Jews (like Trump said) and this is the same type of comment.