OFFICIAL Biden thread, since it looks like he's getting in

Legaltitan

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You would think he could express all of his shitty thoughts and responses in a more concise manner.

They also didn't have 3.5 years worth of the train wreck known as the Trump presidency staring them in the face in 2016.

Posted Images

48 minutes ago, Pragidealist said:

that is a national poll. That doesn’t matter. We need to be winning in MI, WI, OH, PA, NC, NV, and FL. We don’t have to win all those states, but they are certainly states that will play a pivotal role in the 2020 election. 

8 minutes ago, ChesterCopperpot1 said:

that is a national poll. That doesn’t matter. We need to be winning in MI, WI, OH, PA, NC, NV, and FL. We don’t have to win all those states, but they are certainly states that will play a pivotal role in the 2020 election. 

Its just a data point- its not THE data point.    I've said repeatedly that I don't think the candidate matters that much.  IF the dems could get the perfect candidate- maybe it helps. But this election is mostly going to be all about Trump vs not Trump.   We'll see how that pans out.  

I fail to see how Biden isn’t an out of touch old man who should be put to pasture. 

I swear he’ll appoint a moderate SCOTUS judge and pass entitlement reform expecting to grease the wheels and get nothing in return lol

52 minutes ago, Titans279 said:

The funny thing is based on all the polls you post Bernie is hardly less electable than Biden

There's a lot of overlap between a subset of Trump voters and Bernie people. Bernie is probably more "credible" and perceived as straightforward and non-elitist to the lower classes than Warren. 

15 minutes ago, tgo said:

There's a lot of overlap between a subset of Trump voters and Bernie people. Bernie is probably more "credible" and perceived as straightforward and non-elitist to the lower classes than Warren. 

It’s funny when someone like Warren, who is trying to benefit the “lower classes” at the expense of the wealthy and big corporations, gets tagged as an “elitist”...

10 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

It’s funny when someone like Warren, who is trying to benefit the “lower classes” at the expense of the wealthy and big corporations, gets tagged as an “elitist”...

Yeah, I think this sums that whole dynamic up pretty succinctly: 

“If you don’t agree with Elizabeth Warren, you must somehow be not a Democrat. You must somehow be corrupt. You must somehow not be as smart as she is,” Biden said on SiriusXM’s Urban View. “It’s just something we don’t do in our party. It’s not who we are.”

“She has things in her plan that are just not realistic, but if you question it, she says you don’t understand or you’re talking like a Republican,” Biden said on continued. “It’s just an elitist attitude that it’s either my way or the highway.”

Biden built on an inflammatory Medium post he published Tuesday, in which he wrote, “Some call it the ‘my way or the highway’ approach to politics. But it’s worse than that. It’s condescending to the millions of Democrats who have a different view."

He continued, “It’s representative of an elitism that working and middle-class people do not share: ‘We know best; you know nothing.’ ‘If you were only as smart as I am you would agree with me.’ This is no way to get anything done.”

https://www.politico.com/news/2019/11/06/joe-biden-calls-warren-elitist-066637

It's not really so much about the policies being beneficial to the masses, but moreso about the modus operandi and purist/prudish approach. And while this perspective may not be totally fair, it's abetted by her being a Harvard professor (who seems very professorial) from the Northeast. 

Edited by tgo

5 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

Well who is doing the tagging?

2 minutes ago, tgo said:

Yeah, I think this sums that whole dynamic up pretty succinctly: 

“If you don’t agree with Elizabeth Warren, you must somehow be not a Democrat. You must somehow be corrupt. You must somehow not be as smart as she is,” Biden said on SiriusXM’s Urban View. “It’s just something we don’t do in our party. It’s not who we are.”

“She has things in her plan that are just not realistic, but if you question it, she says you don’t understand or you’re talking like a Republican,” Biden said on continued. “It’s just an elitist attitude that it’s either my way or the highway.”

Biden built on an inflammatory Medium post he published Tuesday, in which he wrote, “Some call it the ‘my way or the highway’ approach to politics. But it’s worse than that. It’s condescending to the millions of Democrats who have a different view."

He continued, “It’s representative of an elitism that working and middle-class people do not share: ‘We know best; you know nothing.’ ‘If you were only as smart as I am you would agree with me.’ This is no way to get anything done.”

https://www.politico.com/news/2019/11/06/joe-biden-calls-warren-elitist-066637

It's not really so much about the policies being beneficial, but moreso about the modus operandi and purist/prudish approach. 

Its the wrong word.  The word elitist is a poll driven word against her.  She is a purest, more ideologically focused, more partisan... whatever. There are lots of words that fit what they are saying and are more accurate.  But he's using "elitest" because its an effective attack word against her particular background. 

Just now, Pragidealist said:

Its the wrong word.  The word elitist is a poll driven word against her.  She is a purest, more ideologically focused, more partisan... whatever. There are lots of words that fit what they are saying and are more accurate.  But he's using "elitest" because its an effective attack word against her particular background. 

Exactly. No disagreements with anything you said here. 

17 minutes ago, Pragidealist said:

What part of Warren's personal background qualifies as elitist?

It would far better fit someone who spent 5 decades in DC and who is campaigning on the backs of the big financial donors, but no one labels Biden as elitist...