OFFICIAL Biden thread, since it looks like he's getting in

Legaltitan

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You would think he could express all of his shitty thoughts and responses in a more concise manner.

They also didn't have 3.5 years worth of the train wreck known as the Trump presidency staring them in the face in 2016.

Posted Images

22 minutes ago, oldschool said:

Not going to lie. The campaign schedule appears to be taking its toll on Biden. How can he handle being President if that's the case? 

He can’t 

If he becomes president it’s going to be a huge joke and 2024 is a goner 

2 hours ago, oldschool said:

Not going to lie. The campaign schedule appears to be taking its toll on Biden. How can he handle being President if that's the case? 

How so? 

His allies and many pundits were really impressed by his performance and most people thought it was his best performance yet. 

Paul Begala said in the after coverage that he did better than Sanders and Warren combined. I was switching back and forth between CNN and MSNBC on the after coverage shows to see what the pundits were saying. 

Kind of weird that people are seeing this in such different ways. He’s seemed very energized the last few days to me, and was pretty fired up at a Houston fundraiser yesterday. 

I actually sent in another modest donation due to the strong debate performance. 

13 minutes ago, tgo said:

His allies and many pundits were really impressed by his performance

This is the key point. His supporters are talking him up. 

and most people thought it was his best performance yet. 

That’s kind of a low bar. He hasn’t really impressed during these debates. He had plenty of good moments, no doubt, but he had plenty of bad ones as well. 

Edited by Starkiller

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2019/9/13/20864328/democratic-debate-september-abc-biden-iraq-afghanistan

The weird, telling Joe Biden debate moment that didn’t get enough attention

His Iraq and Afghanistan answer raises some serious questions about his fitness for office.

By Zack Beauchamp

Biden played a role in implementing the withdrawal, and thus should be able to speak knowledgeably about it. But his answer, which discussed both Iraq and the war in Afghanistan, made very little sense overall.

Foreign policy is supposed to be one of Biden’s clear areas of competence, a policy area he’s focused on throughout his career. The fact that he stumbled so badly should raise serious questions about his presidential bid.

3 hours ago, tgo said:

How so? 

His allies and many pundits were really impressed by his performance and most people thought it was his best performance yet. 

Paul Begala said in the after coverage that he did better than Sanders and Warren combined. I was switching back and forth between CNN and MSNBC on the after coverage shows to see what the pundits were saying. 

Kind of weird that people are seeing this in such different ways. He’s seemed very energized the last few days to me, and was pretty fired up at a Houston fundraiser yesterday. 

I actually sent in another modest donation due to the strong debate performance. 

Dude - he looked a bit confused and tired. I don’t think he’s going to make it. He had flashes of the old Joe but really didn’t look that good. 

We need some younger options than Joe, Warren, and Bernie.  Harris, Pete and even Yang are looking better and better to me 

26 minutes ago, Pragidealist said:

Dude - he looked a bit confused and tired. I don’t think he’s going to make it. He had flashes of the old Joe but really didn’t look that good. 

We need some younger options than Joe, Warren, and Bernie.  Harris, Pete and even Yang are looking better and better to me 

He’s not the “old Joe.” He’s almost 80 now. 

He is old, of course he looked old. He did not look tired though or any different than he has throughout the campaign and even looked more energized than normal.

CNN had Biden as the winner of the debate, saying:

“The first 30 minutes of this debate -- typically the time with the highest viewership -- were Biden's best moments in his entire campaign to date. He didn't stumble as he had in previous debates and was able to show off his righteous anger side when Bernie Sanders seemed to suggest the former vice president was responsible for people getting cancer.”

“Overall, Biden looked strong and presidential although it wasn't perfect -- most notably in his meandering (and Trumpian) answer on the way forward on Iraq and Afghanistan. Overall, however, a good night for the vice president.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2019/09/12/politics/who-won-the-debate/index.html

But anyway, if people want to vote for someone else - they can vote for someone else. I’m voting for the 80 year old Biden. 

1 minute ago, Rolltide said:

Expectations for him are so low that if he doesn't start shitting himself or mumbling incoherently it is considered a great performance. 

Excellent. Hopefully he cruises to the nomination then and beats Trump by 15 points like all the polls say so that people can start bitching about his gaffes and saying something about a record player or whatever instead of having a Russian implant president that destroys the country from the inside every day. 

51 minutes ago, Pragidealist said:

stopgap

noun

a temporary way of dealing with a problem or satisfying a need.