OFFICIAL Biden thread, since it looks like he's getting in

Legaltitan

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You would think he could express all of his shitty thoughts and responses in a more concise manner.

They also didn't have 3.5 years worth of the train wreck known as the Trump presidency staring them in the face in 2016.

Posted Images

Excerpt from Mattis' new book on Biden: 

“I found [Biden] an admirable and amiable man. But he was past the point where he was willing to entertain a ‘good idea.’ He didn’t want to hear more; he wanted our forces out of Iraq. Whatever path led there fastest, he favored,” Mattis wrote. “He exuded the confidence of a man whose mind was made up, perhaps even indifferent to considering the consequences were he judging the situation incorrectly."

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/mattis-would-not-have-been-so-forthcoming-about-biden-had-he-known-he-would-run

“For a team in command of the Democratic primary, at least for now, they’re awfully resentful of how their man is being covered. And yet supremely confident that they, not the woke press that pounces on Biden’s every seeming error and blight in his record, has a vastly superior understanding of the Democratic electorate.”

“I don't know of anybody who has taken as sustained and vitriolic a negative pounding as Biden and who has come through it with the strength he has,” said a top Biden adviser. “So why isn’t the argument not that he's a ‘fragile front runner,’ but instead why is this guy so strong? How is he able to withstand this? Because it is unrelenting. Every story that has been written about Biden for a month has been negative! I would ask Warren and Sanders and these folks: He’s been pummeled for months. For months! So why is he going to fall apart now?”

......“This woke-working class divide is at the heart of the most salient fact about the Democratic primaries: Nothing has damaged Biden. Biden entered the race with about 30 percent support nationally and he has that same 30 percent today.”

“This dynamic has produced what Beto O’Rourke might call a fuck-you attitude inside Biden world toward the press and liberal social media influencers who drool over Elizabeth Warren’s every policy paper and see Biden as hopelessly square.”

Edited by tgo

Cont’d

“Warren’s response remains subtle, for now. “There is a lot at stake and people are scared,” Warren told the crowd on Saturday. “But we can’t choose a candidate we don’t believe in because we’re scared. And we can’t ask other people to vote for someone we don’t believe in. I am not afraid and for Democrats to win you can’t be afraid either.”

The assumption embedded in Warren’s line is that many of Biden’s supporters aren’t really enthusiastic about him, that they are backing him out of some misguided sense of obligation and fear, which also might explain his modest crowds and the lack of any Biden thunder-stick moments in this campaign.

This line of attack drives people inside the Biden campaign mad. To them it smacks of elitism and suggests that Warren and her most vocal supporters believe that Biden’s voters, who polls consistently show are more likely to be working class and people of color, are somehow not smart enough to understand why they support him.

“This gets back to the vitriol of the left,” said the prominent Democrat. “They seem to feel like, ‘Why don’t you dumb voters see what we see? If we yell at you enough will you start to listen to us?’”

1 hour ago, begooode said:

LOL.  Biden runs on fear 'I'm the only guy who can beat the evil Trump' then complains about candidates saying don't be afraid.

He's only getting negative press,... poor guy.  sounds familiar

I didn’t see any quotes from Biden in that article at all so I’m not sure how he’s “complaining” about anything. Havent seen him complain about it on the trail or in interviews either, the opposite actually - saying repeatedly criticisms are “legitimate.” 

It’s advisors/strategists who are complaining (rightfully so). 

And I think you missed the point anyway. The point is that it’s a miscalculation on the part of progressive media to think that Biden’s support is founded only in electability or name recognition. 

2 hours ago, Mythos27 said:

Don't believe the hype. You don't have to be an establishment centrist to be electable. 

Why do you think it is that Biden beats Trump by double digits in every general election poll where Warren’s margins are either significantly smaller or even statistically tying with Trump? 

2 hours ago, tgo said:

Why do you think it is that Biden beats Trump by double digits in every general election poll where Warren’s margins are either significantly smaller or even statistically tying with Trump? 

More people know Biden. The average citizen doesn’t know policies, just names. Certainly at this stage of an election. 

Edited by Starkiller