OFFICIAL Biden thread, since it looks like he's getting in

Legaltitan

53 minutes ago, ctm said:

Warren wants to abolish the filibuster.  Biden wants to keep it.  So, I fail to see the argument that there won't be any progress under her administration.  

If I recall correctly he said that’s not what he wants to do, but that he will give it consideration. I could be wrong. 

Also, that’s opening Pandora’s Box in my opinion, but it could be necessary. 

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You would think he could express all of his shitty thoughts and responses in a more concise manner.

They also didn't have 3.5 years worth of the train wreck known as the Trump presidency staring them in the face in 2016.

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

If I recall correctly he said that’s not what he wants to do, but that he will give it consideration. I could be wrong. 

Also, that’s opening Pandora’s Box in my opinion, but it could be necessary. 

The problem is that it’s necessary to pass anything that can’t just be passed under reconciliation. 

Of course they need a majority in both the Senate and House first. 

Edited by Starkiller

Just now, Starkiller said:

The problem is that it’s necessary to pass anything that can’t just be passed under reconciliation. 

I know. Like I said it’s Pandora’s Box though. I could easily see the Republicans using it push through a bunch of issues regarding abortion, as well it allows them to easily deconstruct anything passed on healthcare. It does seem like it’s necessary at this point. That doesn’t make it a great idea. 

1 hour ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

I know. Like I said it’s Pandora’s Box though. I could easily see the Republicans using it push through a bunch of issues regarding abortion, as well it allows them to easily deconstruct anything passed on healthcare. It does seem like it’s necessary at this point. That doesn’t make it a great idea. 

Damned if you do, damned if you don’t. 

But you need to pass some things now and try and make sure that they are too popular for the GOP to eliminate later. 

Edited by Starkiller

6 hours ago, ctm said:

I assume you are talking about Warren.

First, she isn't a math nerd.  So that is a lie.  Her undergrad is in speech pathology and then a law degree.

Second, I didn't realize that teaching at Harvard had become a negative.  That's a typical republican anti-intellectual talking point.

Whether or not she is angry is subjective  and a matter of personal opinion.

You'd be better served making an affirmative case for Biden rather than bashing other democrats.

He can't make that case. That is why he bashes other candidates.  He has a major mancrush on a shitty candidate. 

@tgo, everything in that post was real and verifiable. The fact that you have followed Biden's career so closely and haven't realized that he's a fraud is a bit concerning.

Did you really not know that he campaigned for a Republican in 2018 for a cool $200k? Look how easily he can be bought, or maybe he just actually likes republicans as he loves to say? Straight from your favorite source: https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/23/us/politics/biden-speech-fred-upton.html

He's a terrible, consistent loser of a candidate, and an even worse human being.

1 hour ago, Cornrow Wallace said:

@tgo, everything in that post was real and verifiable. The fact that you have followed Biden's career so closely and haven't realized that he's a fraud is a bit concerning.

Did you really not know that he campaigned for a Republican in 2018 for a cool $200k? Look how easily he can be bought, or maybe he just actually likes republicans as he loves to say? Straight from your favorite source: https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/23/us/politics/biden-speech-fred-upton.html

He's a terrible, consistent loser of a candidate, and an even worse human being.

I did know about that and he wasn’t campaigning for a Republican. God forbid anyone ever say a nice word about anyone from the “enemy” faction at a paid speech to a business group. That’s a big part of what is wrong with politics today, lack of basic civility. That’s one of the things that I uniquely like about Biden and why he could help unite the country - he doesn’t make conservatives feel “deplorable.”

“Alluding to Mr. Upton’s support for a landmark medical-research law, Mr. Biden called him a champion in the fight against cancer — and “one of the finest guys I’ve ever worked with.”

Yeah - shoot the guy. Was it a politically smart move in the context of the election? No, but definitely not surprising as something Biden would say as a decent person with bipartisan tendencies. 

He’s a “an even worse human being”? Lol what are you talking about? ?

Edited by tgo

5 hours ago, WG53 said:

He can't make that case. That is why he bashes other candidates.  He has a major mancrush on a shitty candidate. 

I’ve made he case repeatedly. No one could make the case for Biden to you guys because you’re as far left ideologically as they come so you’re going to support far left candidates. That’s fine - it makes sense. 

Edited by tgo

I’ve met Biden and seen first hand how he interacts with people, I’ve heard the accounts about how he takes down people’s numbers and calls random citizens that he’s met to check in on them. I’ve heard how he supports those who need it most. His best character trait is empathy and kindness and he does cares about people in a genuine way. The idea that he’s a terrible human being is laughably asinine. 

Edited by tgo

11 minutes ago, tgo said:

I did know about that and he wasn’t campaigning for a Republican. God forbid anyone ever say a nice word about anyone from the “enemy” faction at a paid speech to a business group. That’s a big part of what is wrong with politics today, lack of basic civility. That’s one of the things that I uniquely like about Biden and why he could help unite the country - he doesn’t make conservatives feel “deplorable.”

“Alluding to Mr. Upton’s support for a landmark medical-research law, Mr. Biden called him a champion in the fight against cancer — and “one of the finest guys I’ve ever worked with.”

Yeah - shoot the guy. Was it a politically smart move in the context of the election? No, but definitely not surprising as something Biden would say as a decent person with bipartisan tendencies. 

He’s a “an even worse human being”? Lol what are you talking about? ?

Bernie Bro; not worth it.... Move on. people like that are going to hand another 4 years to Trump and allow the GOP to hold the Senate. They refuse to understand they are a minority in the Democratic party; basically the liberal version of the Tea party.

Edited by oldschool

2 hours ago, Cornrow Wallace said:

Wow, this is not a good look. It’s one thing to have something positive to say about someone on the other side of the aisle. It’s a totally different issue to promote him (for money) over a candidate from your own party. He could have at least endorsed Upton’s Democratic opponent to fix things...

People were all over Hillary for being paid as a public speaker but I never heard about her supporting a Republican candidate in exchange for money. 

31 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

He’s gonna make that kid vp?

Biden was VP. He knows how useless the role is.   Besides, if Biden ever died- the kid would do a better job than Trump.   And my kids would be able to stay up as late as they want every night and eat ice cream for breakfast. 

55 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

People were all over Hillary for being paid as a public speaker but I never heard about her supporting a Republican candidate in exchange for money. 

Yeah they were over Hillary specifically for doing paid speeches to Wall St banks. Biden has purposefully avoided doing that. 

And he wasn’t “promoting him for money” - that’s ridiculous. He made a passing comment about a friend who represents that district amidst an unrelated paid speech to a business civics group. 

Edited by tgo