OFFICIAL Biden thread, since it looks like he's getting in

Legaltitan

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You would think he could express all of his shitty thoughts and responses in a more concise manner.

They also didn't have 3.5 years worth of the train wreck known as the Trump presidency staring them in the face in 2016.

Posted Images

4 hours ago, oldschool said:

Dude lay off the pipe. Warren has replaced Bernie as the progressive candidate. His message is stagnant. A Warren Sanders ticket would be disastrous. Also caucuses favor the vocal minority so saying he won as a no name in 2016 means Jack shit. Rick Santorum anyone?

Don't smoke. And because I'm not high as fuck, I think I'll pass on listening to a self- proclaimed centrist on who progressives do and don't like. Thanks but no thanks.

Warren has gained in popularity with liberal voters at the expense of Bernie who still has his grip on working class voters. 

It seems a little weird to me but I can see Warren as the more elitist liberal candidate while Bernie has a kind of unrefined authenticity that appeals to the more blue collar voter. 

Edited by Titans279

22 minutes ago, Titans279 said:

Warren has gained in popularity with liberal voters at the expense of Bernie who still has his grip on working class voters. 

It seems a little weird to me but I can see Warren as the more elitist liberal candidate while Bernie has a kind of unrefined authenticity that appeals to the more blue collar voter. 

Correct. It's also partly why the more establishment dem types will gravitate towards her rather than Bernie. Well that and the blind hatred they have for the guy for daring to run against queen Hillbot.

2 hours ago, Titans279 said:

What working class dems? The dems lost them in 2016 and its precisely why Biden has so much appeal. Bernie's core is young voters and Warren is peeling them away from him with each passing day. I could actually support Warren and not be angry about casting my vote. The same cant be said for Sanders.

imo, America elects the best "shit talker"  

Trump      Clinton

Obama     Romney

Obama     McCain 

Bush         Kerry

Bush         Gore

Clinton     Dole

Clinton     Dukakis

https://www.infoplease.com/us/government/elections/presidential-elections-1789-2016

I won't keep going back, you can click the link.  Trump says things, gets mixed up, but he gets the interest of the audience.  Hillary is probably a genius, but she couldn't out talk Trump.  I just watched some of Biden's speech today, 6.22.  He was noticeably reading his stump speech.  He's also old, the man has age spots on his face.  He's part of the generation that has ruined the country. Part of the reason Obama won is because he can talk, articulate.  People want change.  The old guard will not promote, so the only younger candidates are way out on the edge.

Out of 300M people, you are telling me you don't have a young man/woman capable of speaking to all people.  Yes, a progressive moderate who understands how to communicate with the suburbs, the city and the small town people.  I'm a salesman, I can do it.  I have sense enough to not try to sell a lawn mower to a group meeting at a hi-rise condominium.  I have the ability to change the inflection of my voice on different points.  It's a dog and pony show.  The winner is always the candidate who put on the best show.

2 hours ago, ctm said:

I thought Biden's speech today was poor. Same with Mayor Pete.  There was no audience engagement by the crowd when either one spoke.

There was plenty of cheering at points of the Biden speech.

Biden also had by far the largest contingent of supporters of any candidate at the convention per multiple reports. 

Harry Enten was talking about how Biden is essentially exactly the median front runner if you look at history.

Just 1/8 of the candidates who were front runners polling below 31% in the June before the primaries ended up winning (Mitt Romney in 2012) while 7/8 above 31% ended up winning (only Hillary Clinton in 2008 lost after being in the high 30's June before the primaries).

Biden is at 31.9% in the latest RealClearPolitics average. Him being basically right in the middle puts him right in that zone where it really looks like 50/50 historically, at least.

Pretty interesting stuff...

7 hours ago, Titans279 said:

Harry Enten was talking about how Biden is essentially exactly the median front runner if you look at history.

Just 1/8 of the candidates who were front runners polling below 31% in the June before the primaries ended up winning (Mitt Romney in 2012) while 7/8 above 31% ended up winning (only Hillary Clinton in 2008 lost after being in the high 30's June before the primaries).

Biden is at 31.9% in the latest RealClearPolitics average. Him being basically right in the middle puts him right in that zone where it really looks like 50/50 historically, at least.

Pretty interesting stuff...

Interesting numbers. Did he talk about the number of candidates in the field this cycle vs past cycles? I'm curious to see what happens when the debates force the field to narrow. I'm not bullish on Biden like @tgo; I simply believe he will deliver votes no other democratic candidate can. The issue is will he continue to get in his own way and erode his support. As it stands now the answer is yes.

Biden is already getting negative press this week.  He's likely to get attacked on Thurs. night, probably by Bernie maybe others as well.  He better bring his A game or the questions about him are only going to multiply.

1 hour ago, oldschool said:

Interesting numbers. Did he talk about the number of candidates in the field this cycle vs past cycles? 

Unfortunately he didn’t go deep into detail. This was on his podcast The Forecast with Harry Enten which for now is only a weekly 5-8 minute solocast. 

It was a full podcast before the 2018 midterms so I assume it’ll expand again as 2020 heats up. 

59 minutes ago, ctm said:

Biden is already getting negative press this week.  He's likely to get attacked on Thurs. night, probably by Bernie maybe others as well.  He better bring his A game or the questions about him are only going to multiply.

He’s been getting constant negative press since the moment he announced. 

If he can’t stop mis-speaking it’ll only get worse, these people are looking for any reason to take him down. 

Edited by tgo

42 minutes ago, tgo said:

He’s been getting constant negative press since the moment he announced. 

If he can’t stop mis-speaking it’ll only get worse, these people are looking for any reason to take him down. 

It goes with the territory.  The front runner is always under the spot light.  This is nothing new just for Joe.