OFFICIAL Biden thread, since it looks like he's getting in

Legaltitan

2 hours ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

Just because you harken back to likely the most brutal primary in modern history doesn’t mean the last one wasn’t rough in its own right as well as unique. Your logic is fallacious. 

I said Bernie and Clinton were way more civil to each other than Clinton and Obama, which is true if you go back to what they said about each other and look at some of their ads (there's some evidence a Clinton "associate" started the birther stuff IIRC*), and the evidence that the civility in 2016 is that even though there was a lot of anger on both sides they came together at a better rate in the elections in 2016 than in 2008. Bernie did a lot to support Clinton after his lose and tried his best to say it was most important to beat Trump.

The problem in 2016 was since they lost there was no post election reconciliation between the factions. Obama picked Clinton for his SOS and gave a lot of Clinton people jobs in his administration. Since Clinton lost this time around there was just a bunch of recriminations back and forth (Bernie would have won! Bernie Bros cost us the election!) instead of a gradual healing of wounds.

All the candidates know this, I think, and so probably want to avoid alienating people they will need to rely on when they win. Maybe with so many candidates it'll inevitably descend into a chaotic food fight, but hopefully not and I think they all would like to avoid that.

*James Asher, former D.C. bureau chief of McClatchy, has said that Blumenthal “strongly urged” him to “investigate the exact place of President Obama’s birth, which he suggested was in Kenya.” McClatchy assigned a reporter to go to Kenya, and the reporter found the allegation was false, Asher said. (We reached out to Asher several times but did not receive a response.)

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2016/live-updates/general-election/real-time-fact-checking-and-analysis-of-the-2nd-2016-presidential-debate/fact-check-trumps-reference-to-clinton-starting-the-birther-movement/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.0ff78b9668b2

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You would think he could express all of his shitty thoughts and responses in a more concise manner.

They also didn't have 3.5 years worth of the train wreck known as the Trump presidency staring them in the face in 2016.

Posted Images

Yes, the 2008 race was brutal and had many racial overtones. It didn’t stop Obama because he was a strong candidate. The 16 primaries were brutal in their own right between the supporters, and it inevitably led to Trump because of the fact Clinton was such a weak candidate. Don’t let facts get in the way of your narrative though. 

4 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

I’m thinking Biden will go the way of Jeb Bush in the Republican primary 

It's just sort of hard for me to want to vote for a guy who could have ran last time and decided he wasn't up for the job.

The inappropriate sexual stuff is gojng to come up with Biden. Tgo wants to know why thee is reluctance and even some hostility toward Biden? Well this is part of it. And no one is to blame for it coming up other than Biden. That's not democrats being stupid. 

1 hour ago, WG53 said:

Oh how cute. You are doing your best ostrich impersonation.  Keep denying facts. 

23 hours ago, Starkiller said:

How? Tell me how the DNC stole a single vote from Bernie during the primary.

Every time I ask you guys can’t figure out how they stole a democratic election, they just did... 

Just now, Legaltitan said:

Dare I say it was ... FAKE NEWS!

Well he kinda says it to both of them? Idk it’s from a reporter at The Intercept who I’ve found to be consistently biased lol. Should have checked.