AvgJoe

Ballard and the Colts

1 hour ago, AvgJoe said:

They didn’t get it right on Manning and Luck. They were lucky as fuck that they sucked when two of the best QB prospects ever that were widely considered the best came out the year following their poor record. 

What does any of that have to do with Ballard?

AvgJoe   
1 minute ago, oldschool said:

What does any of that have to do with Ballard?

Not Ballard. Read Code’s post that I quoted. The Colts didn’t get it right with Manning and Luck as he stated as if it was a tough choice. They got lucky. Ballard is irrelevant to that. 

abc2330   
1 hour ago, Tex in a Can said:

We could have had Ballard if not for shoving Mularkey down his throat. That makes him even a smarter man, IMO.

The only losing season they've had since 2012 was with him as a GM.  He cut a $10M signing after one year and didn't add anything that meaningful in year 1, and his coaching hire stood him up.  I'm not understanding the infatuation.  Luck is bailing him out IMO.

3 minutes ago, abc2330 said:

The only losing season they've had since 2012 was with him as a GM.  He cut a $10M signing after one year and didn't add anything that meaningful in year 1, and his coaching hire stood him up.  I'm not understanding the infatuation.  Luck is bailing him out IMO.

You don't think he had A LOT to do with Luck being there to "bail him out"?

Damn near everything he has done is cater to the QB... like a good GM does

25 minutes ago, abc2330 said:

I think he has done a hell of a job remaking their offensive line from Luck being a tackling dummy to keeping him clean. I'm not infatuated with him, I think he and JRob are 1 and 2 in the division, time will tell who wins out, he does have Luck for a QB, big advantage.

26 minutes ago, Tex in a Can said:

I think he has done a hell of a job remaking their offensive line from Luck being a tackling dummy to keeping him clean. I'm not infatuated with him, I think he and JRob are 1 and 2 in the division, time will tell who wins out, he does have Luck for a QB, big advantage.

If we had luck the past 3 years, we would have 100% been in the AFC Championship at least 2 of those years. 

You switch Mariota and Luck, Titans run away with this division. You put Luck on Colts, now we gotta kick and scream for MAYBE a wild card. Ballard hasn't done jackshit. 

abc2330   
1 hour ago, Tex in a Can said:

He's being pressured 3 fewer times per game.  All it took was two picks within the top 40, including the #6 overall pick.  That's not nearly the overhaul people make it out to be, especially since one was the can't miss player of past few years and took serious capital to acquire.

22 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

I'm far more concerned with Ballard's ability to draft than I am with what he does in FA. He's knocked it out of the park so far in the draft department. 

It is only a concern with Luck at QB.  With even a mid tier QB, nobody would feel the slightest bit threatened.

54 minutes ago, SleepingTitan said:

Ballard hasn't done jackshit. 

...Besides have a long term gameplan to keep Lucky healthy and help him out any way he reasonably can

Edited by wiscotitansfan

19 minutes ago, abc2330 said:

He's being pressured 3 fewer times per game.  All it took was two picks within the top 40, including the #6 overall pick.  That's not nearly the overhaul people make it out to be, especially since one was the can't miss player of past few years and took serious capital to acquire.

You're being completely hypocritical to your own point. It's a massive overhaul with the amount of resources he has spent to keep Luck upright.

How is, in your words "the can't miss player of past few years and took serious capital to acquire" not a massive overhaul?

1 hour ago, Jonboy said:

I'm far more concerned with Ballard's ability to draft than I am with what he does in FA. He's knocked it out of the park so far in the draft department. 

He's done pretty well, but saying "knocked it out of the park" is a bit much. 

Jonboy   
4 minutes ago, SleepingTitan said:

He's done pretty well, but saying "knocked it out of the park" is a bit much. 

Leonard and Nelson both were 1st team All Pro. Plus he traded down and still got Nelson.