Ballard and the Colts

AvgJoe

We all know Andrew Luck is our owner. But it cannot go unsaid how Ballard has done absolutely nothing but hand out a bad deal to Funchess (because he is a bad WR). He does know he has to spend a certain amount right to reach the threshold required? They are one Luck injury away from being the worst team in the league again. 

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They didn’t get it right on Manning and Luck. They were lucky as fuck that they sucked when two of the best QB prospects ever that were widely considered the best came out the year following their poo

I'm far more concerned with Ballard's ability to draft than I am with what he does in FA. He's knocked it out of the park so far in the draft department. 

If I could trade Ballard straight up for Robinson, I would, and I would throw in a 2nd round draft choice.   But I can't.   So, let me say that I am content in getting a solid slot

If I could trade Ballard straight up for Robinson, I would, and I would throw in a 2nd round draft choice.

But I can't.

So, let me say that I am content in getting a solid slot receiver, a significant upgrade on the OL, resigning Vacarro, Fluellen and Pamphile. The Wake signing is interesting if nothing else.

Lastly, I have to say that while every thread mistakenly turns into a Mary thread, in truth, it is the decision that defines the franchise. The Colts got it right on both Manning and Luck. It's been a long time since we were assured that we have it right at the position.

The Colts rebuilt their offensive line last year to great impact. If Saffold is the glue that allows Conklin and Jones to be better, then maybe we are in position to fight the good fight. 

17 minutes ago, code said:

Lastly, I have to say that while every thread mistakenly turns into a Mary thread, in truth, it is the decision that defines the franchise. The Colts got it right on both Manning and Luck.

I'd argue that they've gotten it very wrong on both accounts. Drafting Manning and Luck was easy, no brainer, no decision required. I guess you can argue that, at the time, Manning at least had a wrong choice available (Manning v Leaf)--but Luck was a guarantee to be #1. 

Regardless, I think you can criticize the roster building around Manning, and what they've gotten around and surrounded Luck with thus far. 

7 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

You mean they were the worst team in the league and had generational passers coming out the next year, right?

For all you homers who don’t speak tard, that the board idiots way of saying that the Titans would have chosen Leaf.

41 minutes ago, code said:

If I could trade Ballard straight up for Robinson, I would, and I would throw in a 2nd round draft choice.

But I can't.

So, let me say that I am content in getting a solid slot receiver, a significant upgrade on the OL, resigning Vacarro, Fluellen and Pamphile. The Wake signing is interesting if nothing else.

Lastly, I have to say that while every thread mistakenly turns into a Mary thread, in truth, it is the decision that defines the franchise. The Colts got it right on both Manning and Luck. It's been a long time since we were assured that we have it right at the position.

The Colts rebuilt their offensive line last year to great impact. If Saffold is the glue that allows Conklin and Jones to be better, then maybe we are in position to fight the good fight. 

Luck was winning 11 games consistently long before he came along.  He basically had two years two overhaul an 8-8 team into a 10-6 team.  Robinson didn't inherit an elite QB and young #1 WR.  The QB he inherited was good for 3 wins on a bad team, not 8.  He's had success in spite of his QB , as opposed to having one who can carry and elevate the entire thing. 

I like Ballard, but he runs a franchise who can spend a #6 pick on a guard and take a flyer on a  $13M mediocre WR .  Robinson has a Hell of a lot less room for error and a much greater need for difference makers rather than role players to surround an excellent center piece.  And a G who was already receiving HOF nods prior to the draft fell into his lap, it's not like he found some hidden gem

Edited by abc2330

An indictment on the Colts and their drug addled owner will be how they managed to strike lightning not just once but twice and this past season was the 21st since 1998 when they managed to draft possibly one of the best QB in NFL history and then draft another generational talent at QB 14 years later yet despite having two superior passers the franchise has a solitary title to show for it. Which suits me just fine since i hate the bastards.......

1 hour ago, code said:

But I can't.

The Colts didn’t as much get it right on Manning and Luck as get incrediblly lucky that they sucked so bad the two years they were available. Anyone in the world knew what Luck was. The biggest credit to them was for beginning the tanking process a year early to get him.