heyitsmeallen

Titans sign DE Cameron Wake.

Huston   

Here at the NFL owners meetings, Titans General Manager Jon Robinson shed more light on how the Titans might use him.

“Outside linebacker,” Robinson said of Wake, while also indicating the team plans to use him with his hand in the dirt at defensive end. “I think (at DE) will be primarily on third down – that’s really primarily where he’s had most of his (success). Not that he can’t play on early downs, but mostly on third down, rushing the passer.

“I think he can (stand up). I think he is athletic enough to do that. When he is out there on run downs, you see him strike with his hands. You see him set an edge. I think he still has good lateral agility, where he can stretch those blocks out. I think he still plays hard.”

Robinson said he anticipates Wake working with outside linebackers coach Shane Bowen during the practice week, but said he’s capable of doing a number of things in the defense.

Soxcat   

I remember after we drafted Kearse someone asked Fisher how he was going to use him.  Fisher said "we will have him getting after the QB".  That is how we will use Wake.  He isn't needed as much on early downs so there is where I think we will see other guys rotating in.  Wake needs to be fresh and out there on the money downs and at the end of each half.  Sure he can probably hold his own at OLB or DE. 

Huston   

I'm glad he will get snaps at OLB as well because Landry and Finch will need some help setting the edge and getting after the QB themselves as inexperienced as they are.