heyitsmeallen

Titans sign DE Cameron Wake.

Huston   

Wake shares a lot of the same qualities that Ware brought to the Broncos the only difference is the Ware had a little more tread on his tires at the time and was coming off injuries. Miller credits Ware a lot for his development, hopeful Landry gets the same tutelage.

5 hours ago, Titan8425 said:

I was digging the guy before his presser.  Now, I might have a full on MAN CRUSH.

I'm talking down right dirty @woolfolksunclesuncle man boner.

Totally excited to see this guy play

You know how this works! You can't make such claims without pics...

The Wake signing imo all but confirms we will draft an edge rusher early. 

He's a good reliable player to have in the case the development of Brian Burns for instance takes a while.

Huston   

"In addition to everything that Cameron Wake is on the football field, the Titans also get the added bonus of Wake’s historic third-down production, as there is probably no greater third-down threat in the NFL than the 11th-year pro. Since 2010, Wake leads the NFL’s edge defenders in third-down pressures (269), third-down knockdowns (109), third-down pressure rate (20.8%) and third-down pass-rush grade (93.5), while his third-down pass-rush win rate of (21.1%) ranks second to only Khalil Mack (21.2%) in that time."

reo   
On 3/14/2019 at 8:03 PM, Huston said:

Anyway back on topic, been watching some Landry clips and its good that he can rush effectively form either side because Wake rushes strictly from the the left end position, this will be the first time since Kearse and KVB we have had legit bookend rushers.

Kearse and KVB? Were they even on the team together? If so it was keasre's 2nd stint.

Maybe you meant Kearse and Carter.

japan   
6 hours ago, titansfan said:

The Wake signing imo all but confirms we will draft an edge rusher early. 

He's a good reliable player to have in the case the development of Brian Burns for instance takes a while.

Of course. Pass rush, pass rush

Somedude   

Yes yes. Carter was such a Titan legend with his 2 sacks and his Saxophone skills playing the Anthem(I wish there was a video of that disaster). Why is his number not retired by the Titans?

reo   
1 hour ago, Somedude said:

Yes yes. Carter was such a Titan legend with his 2 sacks and his Saxophone skills playing the Anthem(I wish there was a video of that disaster). Why is his number not retired by the Titans?

Not really sure what your point is here? What is it you think was trying to be said?

reo   
1 hour ago, headhunter said:

Kearse was a shell of his former self with his second stint here. He could not get to the QB but he was a good run defender.

Which is why I was a little confused about what he meant.

reo   
1 minute ago, headhunter said:

He/she doesnt know anything about football

Maybe. But a case could be made we had a really good pass rush duo in Kease/Carter but Kearse got hurt. 

What happened with Carter? Iirc he was asked to do a lot more than rush the passer unlike in St Louis but it's been a while.

2 minutes ago, reo said:

Maybe. But a case could be made we had a really good pass rush duo in Kease/Carter but Kearse got hurt. 

What happened with Carter? Iirc he was asked to do a lot more than rush the passer unlike in St Louis but it's been a while.

Kearse second stint rushing the passer wasnt good at all. Carter eventually moved to defensive tackle and played mostly there. 

reo   
Just now, headhunter said:

Kearse second stint rushing the passer wasnt good at all.

Yeah but I wasn't talking about his 2nd stint.

Just now, headhunter said:

Carter eventually moved to defensive tackle and played mostly there. 

Not early though. He played end for a bit and iirc mover inside on obvious passing downs.

Just now, reo said:

Yeah but I wasn't talking about his 2nd stint.

Not early though. He played end for a bit and iirc mover inside on obvious passing downs.

Oh ok. Kearse first 3 years were great, battled injurie all the time though.

Carter had a 10 sack year his second year with us. But after that he played alot more DT.