heyitsmeallen

Titans sign DE Cameron Wake.

10 minutes ago, Alcibiades said:

Didn't mean a WW2 vet. 

Wake was a fantastic pass rusher in his day. Let's hope he has a few hours left in that day...

If I had photoshop skills I'd splice Cam Wake into one of the boats in a picture of D-day.

1 hour ago, bizzyeddie said:

I'm sure there are fans that know the difference between those players.  You seemed to imply that the Titans signed Wake to appease a fan base.  I'm sure there are a few teams out there that may do that and really aren't interested in winning.  I don't think the Titans are one of those teams right now.

I was not saying that, I meant that he wasn't a signing like Dee Ford who I used in my post.  He's a good player.  He's more a short term fix.

3 hours ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

They all blocked well on that play, but Smith’s block was pretty amazing for a 2nd year guy who isn’t known for his blocking. He stood up the OLB and had the balance to keep him upright while punching the blitzing DB who would have hit DH low at the half yard line. Easily the best block of his career only to get blind sided in the back of his leg. 

That was Kline getting absolutely destroyed and pushed right into the back of Jonnu’s leg if I remember correctly. 

2 hours ago, titanskick8851 said:

That was Kline getting absolutely destroyed and pushed right into the back of Jonnu’s leg if I remember correctly. 

If someone is going to get destroyed badly enough to injure someone else in the process, it's Josh Kline. Dude makes me miss Eugene Amano.

24 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

If someone is going to get destroyed badly enough to injure someone else in the process, it's Josh Kline. Dude makes me miss Eugene Amano.

If you watch it again, Kline's guy goes to his right towards the center, and though Kline actually gets a pancake, unfortunately Jonnu gets pushed back far enough that Kline's pancake ends up taking out Jonnu's legs in the melee behind the LOS.  Just as Henry clears the mess behind Pruitt's block.

31 minutes ago, TitanDuckFan said:

If you watch it again, Kline's guy goes to his right towards the center, and though Kline actually gets a pancake, unfortunately Jonnu gets pushed back far enough that Kline's pancake ends up taking out Jonnu's legs in the melee behind the LOS.  Just as Henry clears the mess behind Pruitt's block.

I would hardly call it a pancake. He let Calais Campbell get inside of him and he almost made the tackle behind the LOS. The slew of bodies did take out a bunch of would be players trying to chase down Henry, but point being I would say Kline more so got beat on the play then Kline pancaking him.

Wonder if Wake and Saffold will lure their buddy Suh to Nashville. 

The Jets tackle went into witness protection. 

The approach the Titans are taking is starting to grow on me. We have unanswered questions, but JRob is putting together a competitive team. 

https://www.musiccitymiracles.com/2019/3/14/18264181/what-are-the-titans-getting-in-free-agent-pass-rusher-cameron-wake

"At 37 years old Wake is certainly on the down slope of his NFL career, but he’s aging quite gracefully, picking up 6 sacks on just 286 pass rush snaps. Compare that to the Titans veteran duo of Brian Orakpo and Derrick Morgan who combined for just 2 sacks on 559 pass rush snaps last season and you can see that it’s a pretty clear upgrade for Tennessee.

Wake wasn’t just better at getting after the passer than the Titans edge rushers though. He was more effective than most of his colleagues across the entire league, checking in at second in PFF’s Pass Rush Productivity metric for edge rushers with at least 121 pass rush snaps in 2018. He generated 10 QB hits and 38 pressures to go along with his 6 sacks, disturbing the quarterback on nearly 19% of his pass rush attempts. That’s just a ridiculous rate for a pass rusher of any age. Wake is no stranger to the top of PFF’s pass rushing metric either. The last time Wake finished outside the top 10 in this metric was 2011 when he slacked off to 13th."

Great break down and vids of his pass rush technique.

Edited by Huston