heyitsmeallen

Titans sign DE Cameron Wake.

I think Smith has more value then people are giving him credit for, he was directly responsible for a few of Henry big runs and the 99 yarder.

2 minutes ago, Huston said:

I think Smith has more value then people are giving him credit for, he was directly responsible for a few of Henry big runs and the 99 yarder.

i thought that we had like 3 TE in on that play and they all were directly responsible. 

Just now, titanruss said:

i thought that we had like 3 TE in on that play and they all were directly responsible. 

He ran through Smith's hole, it was the one he got hurt on.

10 minutes ago, titanruss said:

^This

All 3 were there, Pruitt blocked his guy 20 yards down the field, Smith took on 2, his own and one that was missed by someone else, and took his knee out in the process.

Pruitt actually comes closer to a Delanie clone than Jonnu, but none of them have the extreme size that the dominant ones have.

The block was on the line and he had shown a lot of improvement before he got hurt was my point is all.

Edited by Huston

Gronk is 6'6" 268

Graham is 6'7" 265

Kelce is 6'5" 260

Kittle is 6'4" 250

We have no one of that stature that catches passes any more.  The last ones were Fasano and Supernaw.

Hockenson is 6'5 250 and is coming out early so he's got some room to gain a little weight.

IMO there's a lot of reasons JRob should take him at 19.

I'm not saying he will, but there's more reasons to take him if he's there, than there are reasons to pass on him.

1 hour ago, TitanDuckFan said:

^This

All 3 were there, Pruitt blocked his guy 20 yards down the field, Smith took on 2, his own and one that was missed by someone else, and took his knee out in the process.

Pruitt actually comes closer to a Delanie clone than Jonnu, but none of them have the extreme size that the dominant ones have.

theres a sports measurements site that compares all players based on tested measurables and then production. height/weight/speed/strength/agility/etc.

last season when i looked it had jonnu's closest comparison as delanie (but jonnu as slightly more athletic) ... and then pruitts closest as jonnu... 

and recently it had fants closest comparison as jonnu as well. 

i'll look for it and see if i can find it. 

2 hours ago, TitanDuckFan said:

Gronk is 6'6" 268

Graham is 6'7" 265

Kelce is 6'5" 260

Kittle is 6'4" 250

We have no one of that stature that catches passes any more.  The last ones were Fasano and Supernaw.

Hockenson is 6'5 250 and is coming out early so he's got some room to gain a little weight.

IMO there's a lot of reasons JRob should take him at 19.

I'm not saying he will, but there's more reasons to take him if he's there, than there are reasons to pass on him.

we should get that giant as QB thats coming out. 6'7 250 and can run... terrible at throwing but he'd probably be a great TE. 

4 hours ago, titanruss said:

They all blocked well on that play, but Smith’s block was pretty amazing for a 2nd year guy who isn’t known for his blocking. He stood up the OLB and had the balance to keep him upright while punching the blitzing DB who would have hit DH low at the half yard line. Easily the best block of his career only to get blind sided in the back of his leg. 

No doubt Smith is a keeper which is why it would have to be a real stud, like Hokenson, to even consider a TE in the 1st.

Thing is we, and they, have no idea who will be staring them in the face when #19 roles around.  Hokenson might not be their first choice but he might be the best choice.

Do you take Hokenson over a guy like Wilkins or Sweat?  Cody Ford?  Remember when we were all high fiving because we were sure OJ Howard was going to be our pick?

The problem here is we don't, and can't have a long range plan beyond this year until we see how this year pans out.  Is MM the guy?  Are we going to use two TEs and do a combo of smash mouth and short passes with occasional play action?  Talking about 2020 now and don't even know for sure who our QB will be.  We also don't know how Conklin is going to play and if we need to consider replacing him long term.  Then a guy like Cody Ford comes into play and Kline is penciled in as a starter for now.  Casey is a great player but how long does he have?  Do we replace him now?  We still need an edge guy.  We still need an outside WR probably. 

Thus the team is strong but still has concerns at a few positions and a few older players like Casey and Delanie that won't be around much longer. 

12 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

No doubt Smith is a keeper which is why it would have to be a real stud, like Hokenson, to even consider a TE in the 1st.

Thing is we, and they, have no idea who will be staring them in the face when #19 roles around.  Hokenson might not be their first choice but he might be the best choice.

Do you take Hokenson over a guy like Wilkins or Sweat?  Cody Ford?  Remember when we were all high fiving because we were sure OJ Howard was going to be our pick?

The problem here is we don't, and can't have a long range plan beyond this year until we see how this year pans out.  Is MM the guy?  Are we going to use two TEs and do a combo of smash mouth and short passes with occasional play action?  Talking about 2020 now and don't even know for sure who our QB will be.  We also don't know how Conklin is going to play and if we need to consider replacing him long term.  Then a guy like Cody Ford comes into play and Kline is penciled in as a starter for now.  Casey is a great player but how long does he have?  Do we replace him now?  We still need an edge guy.  We still need an outside WR probably. 

Thus the team is strong but still has concerns at a few positions and a few older players like Casey and Delanie that won't be around much longer. 

This is why you stack the defense in my opinion. 

15 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

This is why you stack the defense in my opinion. 

I don’t think it matters.. offensively I mean. It’s a TE vs a WR or getting both. Our skill position players are pretty versatile as a whole and specialized where needed for just about any offense. 

We we are talking about the difference between 1 wr and 1 te

Edited by titanruss

11 hours ago, Number9 said:

The 49ers traded for Dee Ford.  Cameron Wake has a known name.  Do you think it's possible a lot of the fans who pay for seats are not aware of the vast difference?  You are putting me in a bad spot because I like the signing.  BUT signing Wake would be icing on the cake of signing a Ford or Barr or a player like them.  

I'm sure there are fans that know the difference between those players.  You seemed to imply that the Titans signed Wake to appease a fan base.  I'm sure there are a few teams out there that may do that and really aren't interested in winning.  I don't think the Titans are one of those teams right now.

Pretty obvious JRob looked at which FA pass rusher gave him the most bang for the buck and Wake ended up being his target.  He might have had interest in other guys, like Smith, until he got sticker shock.  The move had nothing to do with appeasing anyone.  It was all about projected productivity per million spent.