Titans sign DE Cameron Wake.

heyitsmeallen

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Guys, I miss the good ole' days when we carried 60 million + of cap space into the season with a roster riddled with holes. 

Robinson is not in any type of jeopardy. He fixed a franchise that had been a doormat for a decade. And he is not the GM who drafted Mariota. No way should a GM who flipped the culture, added a ton of

Wake is just a one year rental to bridge the gap for the youth to step up. Doesn’t affect the cap long term overall and can play to start the season.    Seems like an ideal signing as spendi

1 minute ago, Soxcat said:

That isn't a very smart comment either.  Obviously it was more appealing for Suh to play on the Rams next to Donald and a team with potential SB aspirations.  Oh, by the way they went to the SB.  Money wasn't the only factor.

Obviously, which is why we didn’t get him. You think he turns down an extra 4-5 million? Nope. Our offer was an extra million. Robinson doesn’t panic and he doesn’t overpay. 

1 hour ago, smokeater said:

I think JR has done a good job with the roster, but this all comes down to QB.  If MM turns the corner this year, all these moves will look brilliant because the team will be winning and winning a lot.  If not, then draft picks and FA pickups alike look like mediocre/bad moves.  The team is plenty good enough to win with good QB play.  Everyone knows this, and it's why all threads eventually become MM threads.

From my perspective, there's really not any heat on JR.  If MM turns into a healthy franchise QB, then we win now and everyone is happy.  If not, then JR gets to pick his QB and he only gets on the hot seat if his chosen QB fails.

Nice response. I hope you're right. I really do.

A combined cap hit (against) of $16,641,583.00 for free agents signed - with one of them at 37 years of age - isn't a good continued signed of evolution into the better. Saffold was an obvious and solid enough decent signing, but when Robinson started (out-of-the-gate) back in 2016, his move to bring in Murray culminated into the turn-around-franchise-all-time for our Titans. Moves like that since are few and far in between. Mariota and this offense NEEEEEDDDSSS a top flight wide receiver threat beyond the word "desperately" and Corey Davis unfortunately hasn't been the answer. 

Players like Zach Brown, Jared Cook and even Jason McCourty are players that should've never left and still better options than the players signed and currently on the roster. The worse move on behalf of Jon Robinson................... The TERRIBLY RIDICULOUS signing of Malcom Butler with a cap hit (against) of $13,100,00.00 and paying this overrated corner $10 M per year on average. 

2019 Cap Hits per Sportrac: 

Saffold: 6.4M

Humphries: 5M

Wake: 5.3M

Curious what the number is for Vaccaro. 

If we tender Tye Smith and re-sign Stocker, we'd be sitting at approximately 16M in cap space, assuming Vaccaro year 1 is around 4M. With a rookie pool of about 6M, that's around 10M in space left I think. 

Probably don't want to spend too much more. Maybe a smaller deal here or there for a Danny Shelton or whoever. Or signing a ST safety or linebacker. 

We have a hole at backup safety imo. Cruikshank can't be trusted to step in when someone goes down. 

I'll be curious to see if they bring back Compton, who is like an extra coach in the room and plays ST

Edited by tgo

6 minutes ago, abc2330 said:

You clearly don't know anything if you are pounding the table for Jared Cook and Zach Brown.

You gotta be kidding me, genius... really??? Even though it was more significant in reference to analogizing in retrospect vs current players cap estimate and production overall, please... Enlighten me to the fact (at the very least) that both Jared Cook and Zach Brown since leaving Nashville have been so awful to the point of stating your emphasis on knowing nothing vs this franchise overall since. 

Please, sir. Teach me obiwan.

Clearly - (in your world of expertise), the Titans front office and coaching staff have won so many games together and been to the playoffs for so many years consecutively since (both) Cook and Brown have been in the league. Not to pound the table or anything, you know... Just saying.

20 minutes ago, TitanRein27 said:

You gotta be kidding me, genius... really??? Even though it was more significant in reference to analogizing in retrospect vs current players cap estimate and production overall, please... Enlighten me to the fact (at the very least) that both Jared Cook and Zach Brown since leaving Nashville have been so awful to the point of stating your emphasis on knowing nothing vs this franchise overall since. 

Please, sir. Teach me obiwan.

Clearly - (in your world of expertise), the Titans front office and coaching staff have won so many games together and been to the playoffs for so many years consecutively since (both) Cook and Brown have been in the league. Not to pound the table or anything, you know... Just saying.

If Cook and Brown are such valuable players, then why can't they seem to stick on any other roster?  Are you just smarter than the people running these franchises, or is it that people don't particularly like to have sand baggers on their team?

39 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

Ross Tucker on his podcast today lumped Robinson in with GMs who had pressure and said he’s loading up before Mariota’s status is unknown after this season. 

Hes stealing from me 

^^what he said.

Now watch them fly in here and attack me because I'm Mr Nice Guy.  They know you will beat them up.

10 minutes ago, abc2330 said:

If Cook and Brown are such valuable players, then why can't they seem to stick on any other roster?  Are you just smarter than the people running these franchises, or is it that people don't particularly like to have sand baggers on their team?

Brown and Cook are for suckers who prioritize athleticism over skill.

Both will get signed and both can certainly play, but there’s a reason why they never stick around very long. 

1 hour ago, TitanRein27 said:

Nice response. I hope you're right. I really do.

A combined cap hit (against) of $16,641,583.00 for free agents signed - with one of them at 37 years of age - isn't a good continued signed of evolution into the better. Saffold was an obvious and solid enough decent signing, but when Robinson started (out-of-the-gate) back in 2016, his move to bring in Murray culminated into the turn-around-franchise-all-time for our Titans. Moves like that since are few and far in between. Mariota and this offense NEEEEEDDDSSS a top flight wide receiver threat beyond the word "desperately" and Corey Davis unfortunately hasn't been the answer. 

Players like Zach Brown, Jared Cook and even Jason McCourty are players that should've never left and still better options than the players signed and currently on the roster. The worse move on behalf of Jon Robinson................... The TERRIBLY RIDICULOUS signing of Malcom Butler with a cap hit (against) of $13,100,00.00 and paying this overrated corner $10 M per year on average. 

Besides just giving our opinions, we'll obviously never fully know how good/bad some of these moves have been.  I do fully believe though that unless you have the QB position buttoned up, you can never really know how good these moves are in the most important statistic of all-the won/loss column.  As of right now we are still waiting for the QB question to be answered and once we have that we can then fully evaluate the rest of the roster and that includes the defense. 

As a fan, I don't have and never will have enough information to evaluate the cap as to whether or not it truly hindered us from signing a player that we really wanted/needed, which is all I care about.  Maybe the player I think would have been great for us was never on the radar due to information I don't have and had nothing to do with the cap.  We're pissing in the wind though until we have the QB position figured out.  I don't think you can fully evaluate a GM as a fan until he has to make a move at the starting QB position.

After this season, the decision will have been made by JR on QB.  He's sticking with MM or we're going somewhere else.  Only then will I start to think about how good or bad a GM he can be.  The QB position is that important and trickles down to every facet of the team.

59 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

Ross Tucker on his podcast today lumped Robinson in with GMs who had pressure and said he’s loading up before Mariota’s status is unknown after this season. 

Hes stealing from me 

Wait, so do we sign top tier free agents every year or not? I’m confused by the argument because you’ve been making two entirely separate ones.